Trophy Thoughts?

Lightsp33d1987

31 minutes ago, Pendaemonium said:

Maybe there is a New Game+ kinda thing after you finish the Story that would make the XP gain more reasonable for Level 99?

There must be a trick to all this.

I doubt that the Developers would want to make the List extra hard just to fuck with Achievement hunters. 

Tho those Devs do exist in other games haha

Imaging grinding to level 99 in Diablo 3 if torment difficulties didn't exist and that's literally Diablo 2.  Except there also isn't an adventure mode or any sort of bonus exp so it's literally just playing the end of act 5 tens of thousands of times.

Edited by JunkSkelington

If you played original D2, you must know the leveling is so grindy after lvl 90, not to mention the unexpected danger in hc mode even if you have the best gear in the end game.

And considering you can't enable 8pp on console, this game's plat will take you 1000+ hours at least, unless you have a stable 8 player exp farming team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alos88 said:

I mean, we'll be able to back up our hardcore save at least, but wow. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger grind for max level...

Only offline, which is slower than online. So do you take 10x the length (2000 hours from 98 to 99) at the ability to save. Or do you play it safe and do it online with others so you get more xp.

It's not even fun at that point.

• Like 1

Well i wont lie guys im gonna go for it. Whether i get anywhere near is a different story. I had a level 83 hardcore Necro back in the day.

Gonna take it slow but, then the entire levelling process is....so oh well. Best start working on it pronto. 

Skelemancer or Hammerdin. Hmmmm Probs better with a Necro. Sorted.

I'll have to find some n00bs for the ears. I suck at MP haha.

Heres hoping they have special exp weekends or events or some Ladder BS later on. 

Edited by punkshepherd
Rakanishu
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

For everyone saying "finally a challenging platinum"; you guys are nuts. Beating the game on Hell isn't that challenging once you understand how everything works. Reaching level 99 isn't going to be hard even on hardcore, since you can do it offline. These kinds of trophies are just pure tedium.

I mean if Last of Us had a trophy for beating the game a 1000 times, would that be hard? No, it would just be mind-numbingly boring. Same goes for reaching level 99 here. And you have to do it twice! Even back in the day when I was playing nothing but Diablo 2, level 99 was an insane slogfest.

Challenge doesnt allways mean Hard but for some it is a Challenge to have the Patience to get to Lvl 99 or doin the same thing over and over again for hundreds of hours to get there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foremanskin said:

You can do it offline and save-scum.

Yup, just confirmed and tested you can indeed save-scum offline HC characters with both the PS5 and PS4 versions of the game. You'll need to disable auto-sync of save data to the cloud for both console versions.

Unfortunately the PS5 and PS4 versions of the game use separate save data files, so even if there is autopopping of trophies between PS5 and PS4 for the online characters' progression (yet to be tested, waiting for someone to confirm there is) you will need to do the level 99 HC twice in order to plat the respective PS5 list and PS4 list.

9 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Ill main on pc and try to see what this cross progression is really about and see if i can auto pop trophies on an alt account before loading up my main profile to it

There was also that bit about being able to use D2 classic save files on D2R PC. I presume this would only work for offline play PC, and will have no relation or effect with any offline characters on console.

1 hour ago, Doom said:

For me the issue is that I only play a single game at a time until I get the platinum.

I'm a bit stupid like that.

Nothing stupid about that, it's the exact same method I approach games with, it allows me to focus fully on it & not split my attention with too many games like I've done in the past. It's what allows me to maintain a mostly complete profile which I'm happy with.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 1