The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

2 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

yeah, i guess i could try this finally, may aswell. one question though, can i pick like half a list now & the rest later? want to jump on a current opportunity before it drops to vr again (probably)

Yes you definitely can :D 

Now the idea of picking a list is 1. To compare your picks with others (UR discussions are more than welcome here :D ) and 2. If a game turns into Very Rare while being on your list, it still is eligible for this event.

But bottom line, you can submit between 0 and 10 games xD just let me know in 2022 when you completed one, so I can update the main page post.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

3: Just Cause 2 (5.00%) and yes that does count as ur apparently, even though i though they rounded down, not up but if you really want to hold that "under 5% thing" ill pull it

I admit, first time I actually saw a clean 5% xD but yep, it says Ultra Rare under the platinum, therefore it's good to go!

• Like 2

Let's gooo, I'm in again for next year of course :D

Will post my list around New Year's, depending on what I can still finish in the remaining 3 weeks for the 2021 clean up.

Also, I agree with quarterly Most Wanted games not sounding like a great idea, I can be very slow when it comes to completing hard games, and having deadlines would not work encouraging for me tbh ?

• Like 4

Will go ahead and sign up for this. Even if I'm probably gonna be stuck on Tier 3 for the 2021 event, it did get me to do some stuff, so I'd like to join again. :)

Will be electing to add my games as I complete them to avoid scenarios where I tell myself I'm gonna play PES 2014 only to not play PES 2014 (among other things). :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania. Really don't wanna declare that one until it's done considering that the party game missions I have left for plat drive me mad (damn shitty Baseball party game...). At least I got done all of the main game missions...

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

Just an idea but what if there was a fixed bounty list but on top of that a quarterly bounty that will simply be worth more points if completed during the time frame. That way you can keep the original idea of encouraging folks to play specific games but also make it worthwhile for people that don't want to bother with timed bounties. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

Catherine(PS3) (why am I doing this to myself?)

I said this to myself when I decided to go 100% of the second Spelunker HD stack (and after that a third stack was released for ps4/5).

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

I’m in!! Super pumped to see the best event already going strong heading into 2022!

I personally really like the idea of the quarterly bounties. As somebody else has mentioned maybe having a smaller fixed list of “Notorious” bounties that is present throughout the whole year, could be a good shout? Games that could well take 3 months plus for many to complete? 

I do agree that the rotating bounties could be amazing to bring a bit more buzz around some hidden gems that have few owners, or even some meme worthy shit of why some games are UR for the wrong reasons - janky combat or just weird trophies that none completionist folk wouldn’t waste their time with 1f602.png

Also, just in my opinion - having a community hyped up going for the same games within the 3 month time frame could encourage lots of excellent discussion with people working together and sharing strats etc. 

Here’s my provisional list - the games I’m sure I’ll play in 2022 but I may swap some out here and there depending on what I’m feeling:

• Trials of The Blood Dragon - :platinum:  2.44%
  • Rise & Shine - 1f4af.png 1.53%
  • Dishonoured Definitive Edition - Dunwall City DLC x2 UR’s 1f4af.png 0.77%
  • Hyper Light Drifter - :platinum: 3.43%
  • Furi - :platinum: 1.64%
  • Dirt Rally - :platinum: 1.61%
  • Enter The Gungeon - :platinum: 3.97%
  • Splasher - :platinum: 2.64%
  • Wipeout Omega Collection - :platinum: 1.22%
  • Super Meat Boy - :platinum: 0.25%

Happy to see you back into gaming after your little forced hiatus my friend, I'm excited to follow up on your progress for this year ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Let me know how Steep is.  It's been sitting in my PS Plus library forever and I haven't bothered with it.  I'd really like to give it a shot if it's good.

I'm looking forward to it. However, I should let you know that the Olympics DLC has been delisted from the PSN store. If you are planning 100%, you should buy that DLC ASAP.

5 hours ago, LoAlexandria said:

Hah, found the other "recent player" xD 

how close are you in terms of missions already? :)

The last 4 missions, 6 Eleven and the 3 secret ones.

I've been practicing the 6 Eleven mission songs for the past few days, improvements are slow but I'm getting there, managed 94% in Voodoo Gooroo 6TRAX so there's hope. ? 

5 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

The last 4 missions, 6 Eleven and the 3 secret ones.

I've been practicing the 6 Eleven mission songs for the past few days, improvements are slow but I'm getting there, managed 94% in Voodoo Gooroo 6TRAX so there's hope. ? 

ugh, wish i was that close xD

GL man

got 2 more missions left (extra wave and eguchi wave), plus the best i can do for 6 eleven are 2 songs at 90%, lmao

Edited by LoAlexandria

@Copanele @Arcesius. Some suggestions for weird or obscure URs for most wanted.  I'm sure y'all have some in mind but while researching for this I found some weird ones.

Leo Fortune

Use Your Words

Numblast

Puzzle Dimensions

Amplitude

Kingdom come deliverance

Killzone Shadow Fall

Rayman 3

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 3