Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Icebrand is a name of a weapon in the Final Fantasy series (several games have had ice swords that go by that name).

My birthday is 1/27 but I wasn't interested in having everyone know that in those days so I added a 0 on the end to disguise it.

And that's how the name Icebrand1270 came to be!

• Like 1

Since the internet allows you to be anything you want and I always wanted to be a soldier but can't be one in real-life because of my fragile body, I made my dream come true online. So when I knew I wanted Soldier in my username, the other military themed thing that popped into my head was the military phonetic alphabet where a is alpha and just went with that.

• Like 2

I really hate my psn name...

If sony would give us the option to change it, i would do this immediately.

Tom comes from my real Name Thomas and 95 is my year of birth and the king comes from my stupidity as a 14yrs old.

Played online on my friends ps3 and got completely hyped. One Year later i got a ps3 for christmas and the first thing i did was set up my psn to start right away. 

I was 14yrs old and now i regret it that i didnt take my time on this day....

Edited by KingTom95

• 3 weeks later...

Some great stories here!

Well, mine refers to the brand of rolling papers my grandfather used to smoke when i was a child. I'm not a smoker myself but i think the name sounds cool and it makes me think of my childhood everytime i look at it.

• 2 years later...
On 07/06/2017 at 1:23 PM, Rizla-X- said:

Some great stories here!

Well, mine refers to the brand of rolling papers my grandfather used to smoke when i was a child. I'm not a smoker myself but i think the name sounds cool and it makes me think of my childhood everytime i look at it.

You know it's not a X but a cross and it stand for Riz La Croix. Lacroix is the last name of the dude that market this brand of paper.

As for me back in 1999 everything I tried was taken, so I put a bunch of letter together.

Edited by Nieird

You really don't have to guess with mine being a huge Harry Potter fan growing up, and I've just always liked the odd numbers way more than even, though I almost left the 7 out initially, but it has a nicer ring to it having it there. Never sought out to change it because it worked so well for me, granted Harry Potter doesn't have as much of an impact on me now as it did then, but it's a nice nod to not forget who I was having Harry Potter mixed in with all these PlayStation exclusives like Uncharted I love to this day that may or less define me now.

When I got my PS3 all those years ago for my birthday all I wanted to do was get it set up and play!

I really didn't put any thought into it whatsoever but had I known it would be a forever thing I really would have chose something better than MIKEY-L-666 lol.  Basically just made it my name and I've always liked that number.

I know you can now change your PSN ID but meh, who the hell cares lol.  I've had it this long so fook it.  It's not like I'm going to lose any sleep over it or my gaming will be effected in any way.

My surname is Jones and at the time I made my account I was really into Moto GP and my favourite rider was Valentino Rossi whose number is 46. Voila! jonesey46.

I remember not long after making it I wished I could change it to something cooler but now I look back I'm so glad I went with something so simple and personal to me cause I'd hate to be stuck with something like DeAtH_KiLlA-69_xX.

• Like 1