Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

1 minute ago, baboon_overlord said:

As someone who's new to the series, I am getting confused constantly. MW on PS3, a PS4 remake, a new game???? Why does everything have to have the same name!

The best part is that Modern Warfare III (2023) is basically a reboot of MW2 (2009) with its plot and remastered maps.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

If the campaign is out how come no one has earned trophies for it yet

A friend of mine who only plays CoD asked if I would get the game too and said he had pre ordered it. I just checked his trophy list and he has a trophy unlocked. It’s working.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

How does it work with Metal Gear Collection? Same disc, 4 platinums.

Being on one disc is irrelevant. They are separate apps as opposed to single launcher for MW. Funny thing is reviewers complained about it being messy while not knowing this is the exact reason why it's like that.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

The issues are as follows

1. This game was designed to be a DLC. It is reusing all of the maps from MW2. So it's a full-price game for an 8-hour story mode, zombies, and not much else

2. It fucks up people's lists. I had no intention of getting 3, and yet here I am.

3. It does not have a plat, while the ps4 version does. It could have a plat, even as dlc, just like Monster Hunter.

4. It sets precedent for all future CoD games to be added to one list. Which really really fucking blows.

Nobody is complaining to complain. This thread is full of valid reasons to hate this move. 

So if the game wouldnt have trophies... would you be crying about it ? Lol I know were in a trophies site but anyways....

5 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Okay but I have a legit question that doesn't seem to be answered in this thread:

If I remember correctly, not obtaining any trophies in a DLC pack will not count against your completion here, correct? I went from 100% with this game to 49% like every other plat holder, and I'm not going to get this game until I see reviews, gameplay, and my library has it for free. That's how I got the plats for MW2019 and MWII. My stats did not seem to take a hit from these trophies being added. Am I understanding the calculations correctly, even if the calculations themselves are wonky?

well... doesn't that work exactly as you said?

It shows the percentage of the specific tittle, but since you havent earned any it doesnt count against your completion percentage

8 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

well... doesn't that work exactly as you said?

It shows the percentage of the specific tittle, but since you havent earned any it doesnt count against your completion percentage

That's what I thought, but someone else in this thread said that it absolutely counts against your %. Though even today my completion % is higher than it was a few days ago, so I don't think that's quite true.

3 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

That's what I thought, but someone else in this thread said that it absolutely counts against your %. Though even today my completion % is higher than it was a few days ago, so I don't think that's quite true.

It dropped for me yesterday with this new DLC list. Just as it dropped a few days ago with the new Tales of Arise DLC. And I haven’t earned a trophy in a week.

Just now, Baker said:

It dropped for me yesterday with this new DLC list. Just as it dropped a few days ago with the new Tales of Arise DLC. And I haven’t earned a trophy in a week.

7 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I thought DLC counts against you as long you own the base game and someone else owns the DLC or gets the DLC trophies. The DLC is sitting at 0.00% for all trophies and 0 owners so it might be too early to tell. I think the Cyberpunk DLC dropped my percentage down despite me not owning it.

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

I thought DLC counts against you as long you own the base game and someone else owns the DLC or gets the DLC trophies. The DLC is sitting at 0.00% for all trophies and 0 owners so it might be too early to tell. I think the Cyberpunk DLC dropped my percentage down despite me not owning it.

I don’t think so. My completion % dropped as soon as the list was loaded on PSNP. It has always been like that as far as I know.

And since completion % is the only statistic I care about, I always notice it when it drops.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SzzMN said:

Some tweets said it’s live so I checked it and it doesn’t even say I own the game.

I’m game sharing from my NZ alt to myself. So it seems like the rumours that this can’t be game shared are possibly true. 
Logged into my actual NZ alt and it works so this game can’t be game shared either.

They can fuck right off and my CoD series completion (minus BO2), can fuck off too. 

Thanks for confirming, oh well. I also found this article and it seems there is no game share on Xbox either.

Game Sharing Not Working for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (gamerant.com)

@Episanguis@Gumble_Monkey

4 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Happened with Uncharted Legacy Collection too, although it was known from launch. 

Seems PS5 can't have multiple lists from the same launcher. 

To be fair, the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection is a remastered remastered version of the 4 main games, lost legacy was originally released on the PS4. Currently the 4 games are available across like 3 generations of consoles

Modern Warfare 3 is being released on the COD launcher because Activsion wants to promote Warzone 2 as well as standardize the game engines to cut down the cheating

Edited by wackt1

So it looks like this an issue with the PS5 trophy system rather than anything Activision have done wrong. Similar to Uncharted and Monster Hunter Rise on PS5.

Now unless Sony can fix this, which I highly doubt they even care, anyone who has played MW2 and would like to maintain their 100% now has to buy COD annually.

Personally, I don't mind for this year as I was getting MW3 anyway but I only play MW. I don't care for any of the other COD titles. I don't really want games I have no intention of playing added to my profile.

Edit: Looks like they share a list on Steam and Xbox as well. Maybe not just a PS5 limitation then.

Edited by PeachyJacobs

1 hour ago, YTPerfectParadox said:

The game seems to be nothing more than an advertisement for Warzone with nothing of substance of creativity anyway so its laughable that even the trophy list is treated as DLC.

Even the campaign looks like a singleplayer version of Warzone lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gernboes said:

With some other DLCs, you dont buy the right to download, but the right to use, so to say, so those DLCs are only playable with a user that has bought it. Typical cases of this are DLCs that get worked into the main game ie. if there is a big update that includes the DLC, everybody downloads the DLC with the patch, but only those users which buy the right to use the DLC can play the new content. If you buy a DLC and dont have to download anything to use it, thats the case

Iirc Bloodborne DLC doesn't download anything on your console but it shares just fine. It is not consistent to say the least.