Most Recent Platinum

Muff

I'm so late.... well since last time I post here !

:platinum: #42 - Jak II (PS4)

1Ld79c3f.png

Difficulty : 1/10

Enjoyment : 8/10

I strat to play "normally" but I finally use debug mode...

I used to finish that game on PS3 and VITA so I didn't really regret

Made this game so much times on PS2 and loved it so much too !

:platinum: #43 - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

1L119c1d.png

Difficulty : 3/10

Enjoyment : 9/10

Already did it on PS3, exactly the same in PS4.

The only thing that was boring was the titles, 50 wins online... it's long and useless.

But this game is very good, Ninja Storm are really good games !

:platinum: #44 - AO Tennis

1L93f136.png

Difficulty : 2/10

Enjoyment : 6/10

Finally a tennis game on PS4 !

I'm waiting so long for that... But it's not worth the wait.

No trophy related to "career mode" it's a little stupid I think...

Some trophies we're too long... I boost with myself "winners" and "aces" because it was too long for me.

The game isn't that bad, but not that good too...

Got more platinums than that but I will post them later !

Edited by Rodow_
  • Like 3

L827e0a.png

:platinum: Platinum #52: Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4)

Game Score: 5/10

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

The first Life Is Strange was my second platinum, so 50 of those later, I get around to the prequel of this supposed game. And I use the term 'game' very loosely when it comes to this. I was intrigued by the first game for its interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest, which is where I'm originally from. I liked the soundtrack, as it was full of great tunes that set the tone and emotion of the story. Most of all, I was interested in the time travel mechanic. What I was not interested in was the game leading you to an "A or B" decision in which you either save your whiny, undeserving friend and doom Arcadia Bay and its residence which you spent the previous 10 hours getting to know and trying to make better, or simply foregoing all the time travel points and letting your whiny, undeserving friend die. What a load of crap! So what do you get when you get a prequel game that centers on a character you kind of hate, with no time travel elements whatsoever in a prequel story where the lead characters will ultimately die and none of this really matters? You get a pretty average tale with mediocre characters. Prequels can be enthralling, but you have to have some sort of intrigue to really drive the story home and give me something new. Otherwise you're just watching Solo: A Star Wars Story, and thinking, "Sure there's stuff that's happening. But there's no peril because Chewie and Lando aren't dead, and Han is ultimately just gonna get shot by his son 40 years later. None of this matters!" I thought the predictable and awkward writing from the characters in the first game was somewhat forgivable because Dontnod is a French game developer. And we all know how great French game developers are at writing non-awkward dialogue (see: David Cage, Quantic Dream). But the prequel was handed off to American game developer Deck Nine, so even if the writer was trying to imitate the awkward dialogue and bad plot devices, it doesn't make the experience anymore interesting. These games are for a certain type of people. And I would say it's for people that don't really like playing video games and enjoy viewing really mediocre and bad stories like what you'd find in a Twilight book. It's not that it's bad, it's just the story isn't anything special. Sure, it provides more context in the realm of the first game, but it does so with characters that just really aren't all that compelling. And the removal of the time travel device really blows. I heard it's not even in the sequel, which just dropped the first episode the other day. I'll probably get around to playing the sequel, and probably even the freebie Captain Spirit short game at some point. I don't really know why I do it. I can't say I enjoy this series. And it's not to say I don't like narrative games either. Hell, I played every single Telltale Game available, and as formulaic as all their games were, you have to admit you at least like their characters and they have some type of depth other than being a stereotypical teenager from the early 2010s with dialogue from the '90s. Maybe I play games I don't much care for because I'm a masochist. I mean, I'm still watching The Walking Dead, and that show hasn't been good for years. I guess the only good thing about this average game is it's an easy platinum with minimal effort to get.

***TLDR; Average game with boring characters and story. You'll like it if you enjoy games with bad narratives like the first Life Is Strange. Easy platinum.

Edited by Justin__Harris
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Justin__Harris said:

L827e0a.png

:platinum: Platinum #52: Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4)

Game Score: 5/10

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

The first Life Is Strange was my second platinum, so 50 of those later, I get around to the prequel of this supposed game. And I use the term 'game' very loosely when it comes to this. I was intrigued by the first game for its interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest, which is where I'm originally from. I liked the soundtrack, as it was full of great tunes that set the tone and emotion of the story. Most of all, I was interested in the time travel mechanic. What I was not interested in was the game leading you to an "A or B" decision in which you either save your whiny, undeserving friend and doom Arcadia Bay and its residence which you spent the previous 10 hours getting to know and trying to make better, or simply foregoing all the time travel points and letting your whiny, undeserving friend die. What a load of crap? So what do you get when you get a prequel game that centers on a character you kind of hate, with no time travel elements whatsoever in a prequel story where the lead characters will ultimately die and none of this really matters? You get a pretty average tale with mediocre characters. Prequels can be enthralling, but you have to have some sort of intrigue to really drive the story home and give me something new. Otherwise you're just watching Solo: A Star Wars Story, and thinking, "Sure there's stuff that's happening. But there's no peril because Chewie and Lando aren't dead, and Han is ultimately just gonna get shot by his son 40 years later. None of this matters!" I thought the predictable and awkward writing from the characters in the first game was somewhat forgivable because Dontnod is a French game developer. And we all know how great French game developers are at writing non-awkward dialogue (see: David Cage, Quantic Dream). But the prequel was handed off to American game developer Deck Nine, so even if the writer was trying to imitate the awkward dialogue and bad plot devices, it doesn't make the experience anymore interesting. These games are for a certain type of people. And I would say it's for people that don't really like playing video games and enjoy viewing really mediocre and bad stories like what you'd find in a Twilight book. It's not that it's bad, it's just the story isn't anything special. Sure, it provides more context in the realm of the first game, but it does so with characters that just really aren't all that compelling. And the removal of the time travel device really blows. I heard it's not even in the sequel, which just dropped the first episode the other day. I'll probably get around to playing the sequel, and probably even the freebie Captain Spirit short game at some point. I don't really know why I do it. I can't say I enjoy this series. And it's not to say I don't like narrative games either. Hell, I played every single Telltale Game available, and as formulaic as all their games were, you have to admit you at least like their characters and they have some type of depth other than being a stereotypical teenager from the early 2010s with dialogue from the '90s. Maybe I play games I don't much care for because I'm a masochist. I mean, I'm still watching The Walking Dead, and that show hasn't been good for years. I guess the only good thing about this average game is it's an easy platinum with minimal effort to get.

***TLDR; Average game with boring characters and story. You'll like it if you enjoy games with bad narratives like the first Life Is Strange. Easy platinum.

Chloe is the rebel high school dropout who resembles that gritty Seattle appeal to her, and not in a good way.

I was expecting Life is Strange to give off that Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden vibe but instead I didn't get that. If Twilight did to vampires, Life is Strange did to time travel.

Nobody at the high school Max attended seemed to have any balls. It's if nobody was exposed to the outside world, and I felt I was watching Zoey 101 with the way the characters were acting and the way they looked at certain situations. Like the girl who committed suicide. I mean, yeah?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Chloe. That was probably why I didn't enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn as much as I could of, because Aloy is practically Chloe, played by the same actress.

RIP Telltale Games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Chloe is the rebel high school dropout who resembles that gritty Seattle appeal to her, and not in a good way.

I was expecting Life is Strange to give off that Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden vibe but instead I didn't get that. If Twilight did to vampires, Life is Strange did to time travel.

Nobody at the high school Max attended seemed to have any balls. It's if nobody was exposed to the outside world, and I felt I was watching Zoey 101 with the way the characters were acting and the way they looked at certain situations. Like the girl who committed suicide. I mean, yeah?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Chloe. That was probably why I didn't enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn as much as I could of, because Aloy is practically Chloe, played by the same actress.

RIP Telltale Games.

Verily. And I forgot to mention, the character who has it the worst is Chloe's mom, Joyce. She gets to lose her husband, lose her daughter, or die in the storm. It's fucking bullshit. She's a good woman dealing with so much, and meanwhile I have to play as her bratty daughter and listen to her emo fucking teenage problems? Lame. I didn't realize that Chloe and Aloy's voice is the same. I didn't mind her voice in HZD, but that might also be because I very much enjoyed the story. But anyway, I guess I'll play Life Is Strange 2 when all the episodes are released, which speaking of Telltale, is precisely why you shouldn't buy the game unless it's already complete. Too bad though, I really wanted to see how The Walking Dead would end.