Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #172

Coffin Dodgers

Retirement

1L1d38db.png

I don't know why but I was expecting this to take longer than 5 hours to Plat. I'm in such a gaming bind right now...with a week to go until Borderlands 3 gets here, I'm not trying to start on anything big and extremely engaging because ALL my focus will be on BL3, and I don't want to end up having to push something aside...so I've been trying to find something that will last me about a week. I thought FFXV was going to take longer...but that only took a few days once I hit Chapter 9 and everything became linear. This I expected at least to have to play for a couple days....but it was extremely quick and easy.

Overall with this...I feel like they had a cool idea wrapped in an EZPZ execution. It's a very simple and bare bones kart racer. It's fun, but there's not much to it. And like I said, it's super super easy...so there's no real challenge.

Guess instead of trying to play something within 6 days, I'll just focus on 2 more shorter games, that way I can probably Milestone BL3 at Plat 175.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

:platinum: #408 (and 100%)- Marvel's Spider-Man.

L1398d7.png

1La2014d.png

Be Greater
Collect all Trophies

If it's not the best Spider-Man game ever made, it's at least the best one in a good while. That said, it's not perfect. The side activities got so monotonous towards the end, that I had to lower the difficulty just to make the fights go faster. Certain enemies are damage sponges, which doesn't really make it more difficult. But it sure as hell made it slow..

Ultimate difficulty was a slightly different story. Getting hit hurt. A lot. :lol: But it was mostly easy with a fully upgraded Spider-Man. Just dull, having to replay it again. New Game+ just doesn't work with open world games. 

The story DLCs were better about side activities, until I reached the last one. Seemed like the story was shorter or something, and I was left with quite a bit to clean up. And ugh, Screwball.. 

But there's a lot of good, too. Amazingly detailed city, that I barely used fast travel in. Partly because I enjoyed web slinging around, and partly because I thought it would cut down on the random crimes grind. 

And the presentation was fantastic. The story, the voice acting, the music, the graphics. So damn good. I didn't even mind the stealth sections with 

Hide contents

M.J. and Miles. I mean, yeah, you bought the game to play as Spider-Man. But if it fits the narrative, it's fine with me. 

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel, and seeing what happens next. Especially after the DLC, which has a pretty big event for one character in particular, and shouldn't be skipped. 

Platinum image: 

Hide contents

PS-Messages-20190907-223813.jpg

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy will probably approve of my attire. ;)

I found the New Game + on Ultimate to be easier than the first playthrough, especially since Spidey's fully upgraded already. But, yes, fuck Screwball! She's one of the things that prevents the game from being a 10/10 for me. The others being the stealth missions, Harry side missions, and taskmaster. That said, it would've made more sense to use Mysterio instead of Scorpion, as his power is very similar to Scarecrow from the Arkham games. 

One thing I really liked is you can skip all the science puzzles, with just a button press. Made life so much easier lol. The combat is flawless and incredibly fluid. Wouldn't have minded combat challenges on this game, while I suck at Arkham's. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I found the New Game + on Ultimate to be easier than the first playthrough, especially since Spidey's fully upgraded already. But, yes, fuck Screwball! She's one of the things that prevents the game from being a 10/10 for me. The others being the stealth missions, Harry side missions, and taskmaster. That said, it would've made more sense to use Mysterio instead of Scorpion, as his power is very similar to Scarecrow from the Arkham games. 

One thing I really liked is you can skip all the science puzzles, with just a button press. Made life so much easier lol. The combat is flawless and incredibly fluid. Wouldn't have minded combat challenges on this game, while I suck at Arkham's. 

I was never really in danger on my first playthrough. That Ultimate one, though... The demon enemies would take all my health away in no time. And most of the side content didn't bother me too much, other than being a bit repetitive. The random crimes did, though.. I had to spend about 2 hours after beating the game, getting those to spawn. Really annoying and tedious. I was somewhat surprised by what villains made up the Sinister 6 in this. Maybe saving him for a bigger role in the sequel?

That was nice for my second playthrough. I solved them all the first time, though. Pretty fun brain workout. :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Maybe saving him for a bigger role in the sequel?

Hopefully, considering how well he was portrayed in Far From Home. Mysterio is so underrated (considering his recent appearance in the Dead Man Logan series.) I really hope we get to see Carnage or Venom in the sequel, but more so, I would love to see Silk being featured either in movie form, or in video game form. I love her character a lot. I doubt Insomniac would go the "Clone saga" route, or the "Spider-Verse" route, but never know. But they damn well better give Miles some Spidey moves in the sequel, no more stealth missions. 

• Like 2