Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

On 11/4/2020 at 5:19 PM, Arcesius said:

I will only share two for the time being.. :) 

• Persona 5 thinks it is cleverer than it actually is. After all the hype, playing that game was the biggest letdown for me personally. Simple plot, boring gameplay, unecessary wrap-ups after each day. 

• The advantages of sticking to digital games far outweight those of purchasing physical games. The future is digital, and it's good. 

Can you give an example of what is so good about a digital future? And any example oh how physical games even slightly affect fans of digital? Apart from being cheaper.

31 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Salt that's what LOL! 

Not really. I'm not interested in the PS5 yet (high price, less free time because of work and I have enough to play and complete on PS4) but I have a friend who's extremely braggy when it comes to this and thinks he is leagues above everyone else now that he gets a PS5. And that's what annoys me. Same with every youtuber/ influencer that gets the PS5 and brags about it all day. So you have a PS5, good for you I guess.

So sorry if I insulted some of you that will get the PS5, didn't mean everyone with my OG post.

Also, it's an 'unpopular gaming opinion' topic here. If you don't agree with my post or anyone else's post and want to call it 'salt' you shouldn't really be here. I mean it's LITERALLY a forum to share your unpopular opinion.

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 2

- FF7 is not the best FF, it's just popular because it had better marketing than other FF. 

- FF7 Remake it was just an experiment of what Square Enix wants for next FF. 

- You cannot be a platinum hunter if you only play easier, short and multiplatform games only. 

- Microsoft is using DRM meaning that you will not be able to play Xbox games in 20 years because they will take down servers and make you play on perma Internet connection. 

- All consoles are great but not every game that they release is pure gold, especially Nintendo. (I love Nintendo) 

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 0:04 AM, VigilantCrow said:

Coop games are inferior in every way to single player games.

As game series become popular they lower in quality.

Crows give terrible gaming opinions

Sober thoughts now:

Preordering games, rewards companies who release broken products and encourages the practice to continue.

Devs who know about crunch prior to pursuing a job in the industry, shouldn't complain about it afterwards.

Trophies/achievements are designed to increase sales, by taking advantage of the mentally ill population and easily manipulated youth, who obsess over numbers.

Microtransactions that affect gameplay mechanics aren't a big deal. People can simply avoid a title and support the games that don't use them.

Sony and Microsoft have never had an exclusive game released, that was worth spending money on.

Crows still give terrible gaming opinions.

9 hours ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Not really. I'm not interested in the PS5 yet (high price, less free time because of work and I have enough to play and complete on PS4) but I have a friend who's extremely braggy when it comes to this and thinks he is leagues above everyone else now that he gets a PS5. And that's what annoys me. Same with every youtuber/ influencer that gets the PS5 and brags about it all day. So you have a PS5, good for you I guess.

So sorry if I insulted some of you that will get the PS5, didn't mean everyone with my OG post.

Also, it's an 'unpopular gaming opinion' topic here. If you don't agree with my post or anyone else's post and want to call it 'salt' you shouldn't really be here. I mean it's LITERALLY a forum to share your unpopular opinion.

Unpopular opinion might be that I think you're triggered by early adopters.. But hey it's an unpopular opinion. ?

10 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Unpopular opinion might be that I think you're triggered by early adopters.. But hey it's an unpopular opinion. 1f601.png

More like triggered by people that brag about having a ps5 early. But sure.

And if that's your unpopular opinion then sure. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

This will make me feel super cynical but I find that Playstation & Nintendo in terms of 1st party & 3rd Party these last few years has steered away from making new experiences that are fun & addicting. 

Previous generations felt so much better for consoles. Look at Post number from PS3 Threads compared to PS4 Threads, maybe it's just this community but I feel the overall community from various sites on Console has shrunk over the years.

Maybe it's because I got older & busy with Life but I still enjoy games, recently was playing a Multiplayer Survival called Last Oasis.

Problems that console is having:

- Paid Online I know I can afford it but it kills online playerbase or shrinks it.

- remakes are nice (except when they look botched) but it wouldn't hurt to just offer old games on new systems for nostalgia with online

- UI and Digital Stores need more overhaul & customization for Streaming & chatting

- Overall more new franchises from Sony & Nintendo but I just don't see that...  if anything I have slight more faith on fan projects from small teams, it makes no sense that big teams can't deliver unless they go with bare bones sequels, needs more risks but I can understand no one wants to go bankrupt over passion games that might not be popular.

I think the era of Consoles and Handhelds might be on it's way out I hate to say. Maybe I'll turn on my PS4 again and play some new titles that look fun ( I haven't turned on my PS4 in over a year please gimme recommendations something that looks enjoyabable and short n' sweet) Plus when I feel comfortable traveling I'll go to my siblings place and play  on Switch or something that is couch co-op.

I just don't see anything on PS5 I want to play on the system, there hasn't been much on Switch & PS4. ? 

I might be just jaded towards sequels that aren't as fun or just new games not being fun. I think some overhaul in certain game engines need to happen and more genres instead.  Back in 2010 my PS3 card said "Games + Nostalgia = Joy"  Now I think I want new Experiences that do better then Predecessors.

Edited by fyiByas

sony going aggressive blinded with rampant capitlism

demon's souls remake looks lifeless in parts mainly because of how the music has changed like it's out of a generic scene from lord of the rings, and not the terror inducing intensity of the original. it's not even that the music is bad, just not demon's souls imo, but i haven't heard it all so i can hope.

and the growing trend of easy first party plats. I like a bit of challenge, it ripens you, then the dlc wades into full bore challenge mode and you literally have to relearn a mental game and play for hours and hours in some cases for 5 crappy bronzes.

Here are some actual unpopular opinions:

-Gaming peaked in the ps2 / NGC / Xbox era. 

-GTA has been disappointing after GTA San Andreas

-Resident Evil has been fecal matter after 4.

-Rockstar is as scummy as EA, only difference is that they make good games (so far) and they get a pass from most people (not me!) 

-RE Remakes (2 and 3) are nothing but soulless, fancy looking eye candy, reminiscent of Hollywood versions of beloved foreign films. 

-RE1(1996) has always been a shitty game with amazing gameplay, until the Remake was released and turned it into a masterpiece.

-Horror gaming is dead. Nothing but generic jumpscarefests and hide n' seek simulators ever since Amnesia dropped. 

-Obsidian has never made a game worthy of being a GOTY. 

-Divinity Original Sin 2 is the true 2017 GOTY, screw BotW. 

-I'm so damn tired of listening to Nolan North and Troy Baker everywhere. Seriously, just retire please. 

-Katamari is the most underrated franchise ever.

-X Men Origins Wolverine (PS3) is the best movie tie in game. 

-Realism will usually get in the way of me having fun. 

-Despite being full of hardcore masochists, the souls community is one of the most welcoming and wholesome communities out there. 

-Silent Hill is my favorite horror franchise, and it is better off staying dead, there's no way to recapture the essence of the glorious original trilogy. Never cared about PT. 

-Witcher 3's combat is mediocre at best.

-The Crones are the most interesting villains in W3, and should have been the main villains, instead of the uninteresting and generic Wild Hunt. 

-And finally: This has been posted before, but yeah, Skyrim is ass. 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 10:07 PM, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn had crappy combat and a boring empty open world.

Days Gone is like Horizon but better in literally every way.

Thank you 

although I think the combat is the best thing about Horizon, but that's not saying much

I don't understand the 'git gud' mentality or the concept of a game 'punishing' you for making a mistake. It's a video game, not a PHD or a prison sentence. And I think it's a good thing that video games are getting more accessible. At the bare minimum, I think everyone should be able to access the full main story of a game on its easiest difficulty.

• Like 1

On 14-11-2020 at 2:52 PM, StacFace92 said:

I don't understand the 'git gud' mentality or the concept of a game 'punishing' you for making a mistake. It's a video game, not a PHD or a prison sentence. And I think it's a good thing that video games are getting more accessible. At the bare minimum, I think everyone should be able to access the full main story of a game on its easiest difficulty.

To be fair the people buying Soulsborne games (to name a popular example where 'git gud' is most used) and expect an 'easy' game are better of playing other games cause games like those require an amount of determination and patience in order to complete. Is it too difficult for you, so be it but if you aren't willing to put in time and effort in learning to play the game and beat that one particular boss you should just switch games instead of complaining why you can't beat the game (not pointing my finger at you necessarily).

I have a friend who enthusiastically started playing Bloodborne (it was free on PS+) only to quit half an hour later because it was too hard for him. I told him too: If you're not ready to play a game with a main difficulty (which is 'hard' in these games, I get that) you shouldn't even try it at all.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

To be fair the people buying Soulsborne games (to name a popular example where 'git gud' is most used) and expect an 'easy' game are better of playing other games cause games like those require an amount of determination and patience in order to complete. Is it too difficult for you, so be it but if you aren't willing to put in time and effort in learning to play the game and beat that one particular boss you should just switch games instead of complaining why you can't beat the game (not pointing my finger at you necessarily).

I have a friend who enthusiastically started playing Bloodborne (it was free on PS+) only to quit half an hour later because it was too hard for him. I told him too: If you're not ready to play a game with a main difficulty (which is 'hard' in these games, I get that) you shouldn't even try it at all.

I can agree that if a game clearly sells itself as difficult (Soulsborne, Super Meat Boy etc) then fair enough if it doesn't have an easy mode. And I do get wanting a challenge (I'm currently slowly working my way through Street Fighter IV's trials between other games). I just don't think people should be locked out of a game's ending just because they're not as skilled as others.

I think my issue with 'git gud' etc is more the attitude than anything else, and that it doesn't stay with the Soulsborne games. I've seen it posted in threads asking for help on a wide range of games and it's just not helpful, it just makes the person saying it look like a dick imo.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 1:56 PM, its_ArchroniX said:

My "wait, what" comment was mainly just asking for clarifications for the statement, which makes sense after reading your follow-up comment. I have not encountered anyone feeling superior for owning a PS5, that's why I was confused. I still don't know when my PS5 is coming even though I ordered it as soon as it was possible for me. The quantities are even lower in my country, so I most likely have to wait until next year. It's killing me, because I'm so hyped for Demon's Souls. 

I already posted the list of my unpopular gaming opinions, but I have a new one:

Whenever a person says that RDR2 is shit or a bad game, they're stupid and I don't value their opinions. Sad but true. 

• Like 2