Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

22 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Naughty Dog games are generally kinda bad, coming from someone that's played most of them. Jak 2 and 3 were fucking awful, and the Uncharted games might as well just be movies with some predictable gameplay and Tomb Raider climbing thrown in. The original Crash games were fun but just felt like corridor obstacle courses, Spyro felt like it had its own little worlds to explore. Last of Us was kinda boring, haven't even touched the 2nd game yet but I sadly know most of the spoilers now.

I have to correct you here: Naughty Dog never made any Spyro games. Original Spyro trilogy was made by Insomniac Games, Enter The Dragonfly was made by Check Six GamesA Hero's Tail was made by Eurocom & The Legend Of Spyro Trilogy were made by Krome Studios & Etranges Libellules. & I have to agree with you Jak 2 & 3 were kinda the same game (same open world hub, different missions).

Edited by kenseizenkai

22 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

-the more futuristic is a CoD game, the worse, what is that of running around walls and becoming invisible? Are you a soldier or Spider-man? 

Don't think that's an unpopular opinion. The majority of the CoD community and the overall gaming community hated the futuristic CoD games.

Souls games are not that difficult, you just have no patience

I agree with you on one hand since Soulsborne games aren't for everyone, especially people that want a fast paced action game and expect to get that with Soulsborne games (had a couple of friends that couldn't make it past the first area in Bloodborne because of this).

Though on the other hand, I think you confuse patience with determination. If you're patient in a game like this all you do is wait for the inevitable. Either you beat that boss or you die and come back to try again. It takes determination to actually come back to that boss for the tenth, twentieth or fiftieth time and try it again.

Imagine you want to play the guitar. You can have all the patience in the world but if you don't have the determination to move onwards and pick up your guitar and practice you will never learn how to play in the first instance.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

3 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

I have to correct you here: Naughty Dog never made any Spyro games. Original Spyro trilogy was made by Insomniac Games, Enter The Dragonfly was made by Check Six GamesA Hero's Tail was made by Eurocom & The Legend Of Spyro Trilogy were made by Krome Studios & Etranges Libellules. & I have to agree with you Jak 2 & 3 were kinda the same game (same open world hub, different missions).

Never said they did. Was just using it as an example since they were both pretty big at the time, and I preferred the platforming style in Spyro over Crash, personally. Not been a huge fan of Insomniac's more recent games though.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, Puppeter04 said:

-Souls games are not that difficult, you just have no patience

Correct. I don't consider myself to be a good gamer but even I managed to plat all 3 souls and and Bloodborne, not hard at all. 

Okay, here's mine, I feel some of these will piss people off, but these are my opinions, I can't emphasis that enough:

-Metal Gear Solid 2 is the best in the series and 3 is one of the worst.

-Undertale is not as good as people say, only one good thing came out of that game and that's megalovania.

-Grand Theft Auto IV is a much better game than V. 

-Saints Row 3 > GTAV

-The Witcher games are overrated, as are CD project Red.

-PSP > PSVita, I know there are a lot of Vita fans here but the PSP was a better handheld with a much better library of games. Still love Vita though, it game me P4G.

-Final Fantasy XIII gets way too much hate, I loved every minute of that game. 
-Final Fantasy X-2...you guessed it, also gets to much hate despite it being a fantastic game. 

-I don't know if this is unpopular but I see many people begging Nintendo on Twitter for Sinnoh remakes but Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are the worst games in the series and don't deserve remakes. Skip straight to Black and White 2 remakes please. 

-Bethesda are the most overrated dev ever and are not worth the money Microsoft paid. $7.5b...lol wut... 

-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD wasn't that bad. 

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption 2- Beautiful world. Shit game. Story is hot garbage and gameplay is a slog. RDR1 is VASTLY better in every regard minus graphics. Also the new mico money focused R* is a joke compared to their glory days of GTA San Andreas/Manhunt and so on. While i'm at it GTAV can be slotted right next to this comment. Same issues. Story is ehhhh(better then RDR2 at least) but San Andreas was better.

The Last of Us 2 is really bad. The clickers pose pretty much ZERO threat unlike the first game and the entire Abby aspect is horridly paced and over all forced as all hell. Not to mention is seems Niel Druckmann hated Joel or something cuz just about anyone other then like 3 people in the whole game completely shit on Joel for saving Ellie at the end of first game. Hell if you compare the viewpoints of Abby/Joel/Ellie you will see they are pretty much the exact same idea but somehow Joel is the enemy.

Abby- OMG you killed someone to save a girl and my revenge is 100% justified.
Joel- I saved a girl i traveled pretty much the entire country with and fought life and death with and built a loving relationship with her and chose to save her instead of spinning the wheel with her life. Not justified

Ellie: F You Joel. You took that choice away from me and idc why you did it or because we love each other. You're a asshole through and through.- Justified

I honestly think the whole game was not about revenge but how much they can shit on Joel's character.

• Like 2

On 28/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I love when a game adds dlc long after the main game is released

For 3 reasons:

1. It gives a good reason to go back to the game

2. It shows the dev cares enough to pull me back

3. It makes the 100% much rarer for the completionist leaderboards! ;):P 

See this kills me, because I tend to lose all ability to function in a game if I havent played it in a few weeks let alone months.

Literally have all the Spiderman DLC sitting there but havent played it as I cant get through the first mission in it :| 

Red Dead Redemption 2 was the biggest let down of this console generation. The multitude of mechanics sapped the fun out of it and made it a chore to play. And as for RDR Online,that was a greed filled train wreck where Rockstar tried to copy the GTA Online formula for milking players for microtransactions.

Last of Us 2 is fine in terms of gameplay. Story is where the divide happens.I don't think it's THAT bad but my interest in the story was killed when it got spoiled.

Out of all the Final Fantasy games I've played, IX was the worst. And I've played XIII...and XIII-2.

Companies should be limited to releasing 2 versions of a game - a standard one and then an ultimate one that contains any and all post launch content that has or will be released. Any company that releases an "Ultimate" edition which doesn't contain everything should be fined and the CEO should be made to write out the dictionary definition of ultimate 1000 times as punishment. Looking at you, Vermintide 2.

• Like 2

I will only share two for the time being.. :) 

• Persona 5 thinks it is cleverer than it actually is. After all the hype, playing that game was the biggest letdown for me personally. Simple plot, boring gameplay, unecessary wrap-ups after each day. 

• The advantages of sticking to digital games far outweight those of purchasing physical games. The future is digital, and it's good. 
  • Like 3

On 27/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

Which of his games did you play if I may ask?

you may - I’ve played:

Metal Gear (the original MsX game, and the closest to a good game he has ever made)

MGS 1 (Cutscene: The Game) 

MGS2 (Custscene 2: This Time It’s a Right Wing Teenager’s Fever Dream and a Shameless John Woo Ripoff)  

and a little of MGS4 (just enough to remind me that I don’t like his brand of ‘game’, even when I manage to find it under the pile of cheeseball cutscenes and anime soap-opera bullshit),

and.... that’s it.

I’ve seen footage of MGS5 (no thank you), Zone of the Enders (I actually think I might have played this too, but can’t remember, which doesn’t really bode well for it) and I’ve seen enough of Death Stranding to know 2 things:

1. You couldn’t pay me enough to play it, and 

2. that even being fired from Konami wasn’t enough to pull his head out of his own ass in terms of storytelling ;-P 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I will only share two for the time being.. :) 

• Persona 5 thinks it is cleverer than it actually is. After all the hype, playing that game was the biggest letdown for me personally. Simple plot, boring gameplay, unecessary wrap-ups after each day. 

• The advantages of sticking to digital games far outweight those of purchasing physical games. The future is digital, and it's good. 

? Never have I so disagreed with half a post, and so agreed with the other half!

• Like 1

On 4.11.2020 at 2:52 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

you may - I’ve played:

Metal Gear (the original MsX game, and the closest to a good game he has ever made)

MGS 1 (Cutscene: The Game) 

MGS2 (Custscene 2: This Time It’s a Right Wing Teenager’s Fever Dream and a Shameless John Woo Ripoff)  

and a little of MGS4 (just enough to remind me that I don’t like his brand of ‘game’, even when I manage to find it under the pile of cheeseball cutscenes and anime soap-opera bullshit),

and.... that’s it.

I’ve seen footage of MGS5 (no thank you), Zone of the Enders (I actually think I might have played this too, but can’t remember, which doesn’t really bode well for it) and I’ve seen enough of Death Stranding to know 2 things:

1. You couldn’t pay me enough to play it, and 

2. that even being fired from Konami wasn’t enough to pull his head out of his own ass in terms of storytelling ;-P 

Okay. I see. The series is definitely not your taste. But your argumentation is silly. Anyways, this is not the thread to discuss this. Any opinion is valid. 

• Like 2