New Site Update Issues

Parker

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yes, it's on your statistics page though ;)

The problem is that the Average Rarity that was previously on the main profile page was always different than the one shown on the Statistics page.

Now, I've been compiling a snapshot of my progress throughout the year, on the first day of each month, in a spread sheet on google docs and those two stats were never the same, so I've been tracking each one as I suspect they were calculated differently, or perhaps 2 different stats altogether.

For instance, in January my Profile header Avg Rarity was 51.74% but on the Statistics Page it was 52.13%. I don't know why the difference, but it was a stat I was tracking. Now I can't get that last stat for the end of December for my spreadsheet.

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I mentioned this back when Premium members got to test out the new site and I will mention it again here. Can we please get rid of all the milestones that were added? I don't care what my 30th platinum trophy is and it just makes my milestones look messy as it isn't even consistent. I mean it goes 10, 20,30,40,50,75,100,125...either do every 10 or don't. Better yet just give us the option to pick our milestones.

I second this. Now that it's been changed to show 10-20-30-40 for those with more than 75 plats, it no longer shows my 25th. I preferred the older system of removing the earlier milestones once you'd hit a certain threshold, but toggles would be good too.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I mentioned this back when Premium members got to test out the new site and I will mention it again here. Can we please get rid of all the milestones that were added? I don't care what my 30th platinum trophy is and it just makes my milestones look messy as it isn't even consistent. I mean it goes 10, 20,30,40,50,75,100,125...either do every 10 or don't. Better yet just give us the option to pick our milestones.

I have a lot more problems with the Update but since pretty much 99% of the site likes it I won't mention it here but the over abundance of Milestones either needs to be removed or give users the option to edit what they want displayed.

I agree with this the old system was much better,
I would rather a 1,000 milestone range again then all these random numbers early on as you unlock more trophies the gaps become to big and feel less rewarding.

I have to agree with what a few others have also said and allow users or even premium members the option to pick between the old and new milestone setup, as mentioned in another topic I liked setting a game for the every 1,000 milestone and then posting to others what it was, the new system takes away that bit of joy in getting to the 1,000 mark

I am not happy to make this more apparant, but a lot of the new changes, which not all are glitches, are flawed. Obviously some changes are good -- changes always come with good and bad aspects. But I mean, no Undo/Redo Button at all? It's extremely annoying and discouraging while texting, editing, and testing post and editing your own profile without this. Adjusting my profile for this site was unnecessarily complicated because of it, because I couldn't use the feature to compensate for my lack of knowledge and navigation to the updated site -- major inconvienence. (But then again this is a thread specifically for the bads, so if all my post are negative, it's justified.)

I had one more, but I forgot. Regardless, im on mobile now and im simply not going to go indetail over it. Ill add more when I have access to a PC.

Edited by Mar
Because I want to add something

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, all threads that posted trophy images have a broken link. Just add them again and it'll work fine.

Well I didn't even know this was a problem but I just checked my Checklist and sure enough it has no images in it.

Seriously why the fuck was this update done? The only benefit I have seen so far is the status updates have finally been fixed. . Everything else is either needlessly complicated (way more clicks that are necessary) or just annoying (milestones, broken links, not knowing which status someone is replying to in your notifications, not being able to go to all the quoted messages).

I know I seem to be in the minority but honestly what other benefits does the new update have other than more characters being allowed in the status updates (which should never have been something that was restricted in the past). I mean even with the Statuses we took one step forward and 10 steps back by hiding the status activity away in the top left corner under 2 different menus (more clicks than needed) Even if I want to see someone's full status I have to now click on their name instead of just having a drop down menu (once again you have to leave the page you are on to see what someone wrote in a status and then back out after you are done reading it).

I am tired and am done ranting for now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I agree with this the old system was much better,
I would rather a 1,000 milestone range again then all these random numbers early on as you unlock more trophies the gaps become to big and feel less rewarding.

I have to agree with what a few others have also said and allow users or even premium members the option to pick between the old and new milestone setup, as mentioned in another topic I liked setting a game for the every 1,000 milestone and then posting to others what it was, the new system takes away that bit of joy in getting to the 1,000 mark

Real quick, I want to briefly give my say on this. Firstly, I disagree with everyone else. Secondly, im not going to let bias and personal achievements irrationalize my perspective.

The New System (just the platinum related stones). The way Ive seen people complain about this feature is what I mostly disagree with. Generally, every 10th platinum makes perfect sense, the change is fine. Clearly this layout is more appealing and better than the limited and bad 25, 50, 75, 100. And are yall really arguing theres better options? - 20, 40, 60, 80, 100.. 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90.. 7, 14, 21, 28, etc.. etc? Those make no sense, the 10s do. The change seems more appropriate and fair for the "first" 100 p.trophies - first p.trophies to 100. Only after then should it get harder. So the 100s then using the every 25th makes sense because.. well I dont know how to actually explain it, I just did partially. Its like the 1 > 10 > 100 > 1000. 10/20/30/etc represents that, 1 or 10. 100/125/Etc then represents the higher level 100 or 1000. All consistent patterned values dont have to be entirely consistent, like the 100 ranges dont need to also be 110, 120, etc. Its harder to justify the random 60 to 75 then 75 to 100, but I personally can at least grasp the remote reasoning behind it. Really though, having that extra 70, 80, and 90 would ultimately make platinum 100 feel exactly the same as the other 10ths. You can "believe" 100 is more special than the rest, but in reality it wouldnt be because it would be tied to the consistent 10th milestone system, as oppose to feeling like an isolated, special milestone like "1337", even though M100 was only slightly more special before the update, since it was also tied to a consistent (shorter) milestone system series.

(My post keeps evolving from what I had planned to say, sigh.)

Next, I think pickable milestones is an absolute absurd idea, right beside the option to have an option to change back to the old idea seamlessly and freely (should obviously be locked to one universal system). Milestones are suppose to be set requirements that you AIM or WILL obtain. Having the flexibility to cheat and essentially customize your milestones is just... not how it should be (limited vocabulary). The new 10 platinum system compliments how the system should have been from the start. This is literally an overdue change, and its fine. Bias vs a flawed system by birth that you adapted to (its rules). The hell with my 25th platinum, the new system is at least more appealing and fair for every literal trophy hunter (whereas the 25/50/75/100 clearly was not, as not all are hardcore enough to even break 50), especially since 10ths are generally and traditionally special across all things. Fifths, 10ths, 15ths, 20ths, etc. But again, obviously 10/20/30 is "cleaner" than 15/30/45, 5/10/15, etc.

Ill clean this post up later (quotes and all, if I can), but last is the previous site's system of removal of milestones once you reached over 100 platinums. That feature ironically was doing a favor for the flawed system. The fact that the system is fixed now makes that removal feature unnecessary now. Theres no reason why your 10th plats should generally disappear at all within the entire run, especially when theres already a compensating gap threshold (if I said that right) when you get the higher value milestones. Its not 10s indefinitely, it decreases, so deleting the 10th ones would be stupid, redundant, and make your progress feel worthless and useless. The change that was suggested by poster would only be rationalized if the system maintained the 10th system indefinitely, because then you can look at is as an overwritted, updated version of your existent progress with the 10th plats, just in the 100th ranges. Since its not like that, the 10ths remaining on profile make sense.

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Real quick, I want to briefly give my say on this. Firstly, I disagree with everyone else. Secondly, im not going to let bias and personal achievements irrationalize my perspective.
*Snip*

The 1,000 trophy milestone works fine up until 10,000 once you pass that mark it then increases and takes away the milestone for 11,000, 12,000 and so on.
I don't see any issue with how it was setup a milestone for each 1,000 mark and a milestone for plat 50 and 100 marks, this way there is no heaps of milestones early on and then only have to stop. It's the like the site is saying you earn to many trophies so you don't get rewarded.

The more trophies you earn the bigger the gaps come between the milestones and that is the main issue I have if your going to start at 10 then always keep it at 10 no matter if you have 100 trophies or 20,000 trophies. This is why having it at every 1,000 for all trophies and every 50 for the platinum was a better system.

I am not a fan of picking your own milestones but I think we should get to pick between the old and new instead of forcing one over the other.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

The milestones aspect of the update is just flat out trash... I liked the old set up. I enjoyed setting up a new milestone every 1,000 trophies. The way it looks now, it's as if you guys decided to copy psntrophyleaders way of doing their milestone set up (which sucks). Put it back the way it was please. Other than that the rest of the update is actually quite nice. 

Forum issues (and about me profile page editbox):

1-While creating/editing a post we don't have the ability to convert it to text to see how it is composed (text, tags, links and whatnot)

2-While creating/editing a post it isn't possible anymore to select everything with CTRL+A to save it to a txt (not that it would help, because of point 1). This is a big problem because it made easier to work with big posts like Project Platinums and Check Lists.

3-As per point 1 you can't do a lot of things now, like choosing a custom color for text using RGB code.

4-You can't go into the 'advanced' post interface at will. Page that is pointless anyhow, since it has no additional options now.

5-Hitting enter creates an unnecessary space between the previous line and the next line. If I want something like that I'll gladly press enter 2 times.

Before someone says that you can still copy a txt into the edit box and it will be converted to a formatted output, I'll have you know that either some tags aren't supported anymore, or some work differently and now, because of point 1 we have no way of knowing how they work.

I beg you to do something about these problems because they rob us of a lot of control and it's a HUGE disappointment.

The new editbox has 1 positive thing though. It seems to be able to manage a lot of linked images without batting an eyelid.

Site issues:

1-I want the site to remember to keep my trophy list ordered alphabetically

2-There's no option to filter trophy lists by "incomplete". I used this setting to check the games I've yet to start. The only thing I can use now is "not 100%", but that also shows games with platinum that I don't care to 100%. I don't like this. The "incomplete" setting was my way of having a to do list on the site. And considering there's a "platinum, not 100%" filter, this is even more so baffling.

3-Trophy list titles are too thin, with some colors (like the purple I have been using for a long time), you can't even distinguish them from black.

Edited by Doctor Doom
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, poopooblast said:

Hey guys, my first trophy has a missing timestamp after the site update. I earned the trophy about 4 years ago during February 2012 ( got the ps3 on my birthday in February).

Off The Boat First Trophy
NO TIMESTAMP

I've looked at your profile from my PS4 and that trophy doesn't have a time-stamp. PSN Profiles only scrapes its information from your SEN account. It doesn't, as far as I'm aware, have the permissions to change trophy time-stamps on Sony's servers, so that's how it must have been on your account. Either you didn't notice it before or you're just now trying to attribute blame on this site update.

Did you have that game hidden before the PSNP site overhaul and it has now become unhidden?