would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

It has the basic aspects of what could be considered gameplay: directional and stationary inputs, a non static display, a response for every action performed by the player, visual incentives, auditory incentives, a script (pretty minimal), and, in EA words, "a sense of pride and acomplishment".

No, it's not a shameful platinum. It's a ridiculous one, and I enjoyed every last bit of it!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We all here are SINNERS for having this thing in our profiles, you hear????

S I N N E R S !!!!!!!

And I'm the main sinner here with both plats mouahahahahahahaaaaaaa

moahahhahahahhah

moahhahahaa

*runs naked down the street laughing*

• Like 4

On 4/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, Gage said:

No game is a shameful platinum. Don't pay any mind to what other people think of what you play. If you want to play the game then go right ahead and fuck what other people think about it. 

This. Pretending crappy games don't exist is like pretending crappy movies don't exist, and both are guilty pleasures. Don't let some stuck up, ass snob deter you from living your one life on this earth. 

• Like 2

The real question is "Does that matter?".

I mean I don't know since when a Platinium or trophies in general became the curriculum for gamer in Sony consoles.

Just play whatever you want, plat whatever you want and ignore or don't plat whatever you want. Unless you get paid for been a completionist and also a trophy hunter.

That's not my case so I only plat games I really enjoy or see like a challenge for me I don't care if the game is easy or not and also if I don't want the plat or it's to tedious for me I enjoy the game and done I don't care that fictional number over there on my gamer tag "completionist".

Play and enjoy mate that for what games are mean to be. (Expept some money grabs game but that is another story).

• Like 2

My Name is Mayo is  The Room of videogames. I wouldn't be surprised if God Tommy Wiseau had a hand in developing this masterpiece.

Myself I take lots of pride in achieving this platinum. I sprained my thumb while mashing the button, I looked like a real madman and my SO was questioning her life choices while asking me " Why is that jar of Mayo wearing bikini and why are you abusing the poor controller?" . SOOOOOO .... priceless platinum , would never give up on it for anything in the world xD 

10/10 would get on meds again

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Having bought the game and Platinuming it yesterday (Vita version), I will say I bought it partially due to the memetic status it had and partially to sate my curiosity. And I must admit, I enjoyed the experience. Not sure I want to do it again on PS4, but maybe I’ll get the urge to revisit this game in the future. So no, I am not ashamed of this Platinum. But I don’t intend to double dip just yet.

• 1 month later...

Haha at the end of the day there are no shameful platinums! Some plats are just easier than others.

If you don’t feel embarrassed about playing a game then everything is cool.

Too many people worry about how strangers will perceive their profiles and played games history.
Honestly.. at the end of the day nobody really cares about your profile except yourself. Just play what you wanna play.

I Juggle my play time between PS4, Switch and retro gaming as well as watching moves and gym. I enjoy getting trophies but don’t feel competitive about getting them anymore. As long as you have fun gaming that’s all that matters. Doesn’t matter what you play.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 11:13 AM, Rambo-TH100 said:

I don't think it's on par as to Hana Montana. I feel like it's so easy that it jumped away from being shameful but I want to know what you guys think.

Shameless. I hunt trophies wherever they lie.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2017 at 1:58 PM, DaivRules said:

All trophies are shameful. Their entire existence is to satisfy one of the seven deadly sins, Pride. Also, this site caters to fostering Lust, another sin. 

Satan would approve heartily of this site and of course would say that Mayo is not shameful. And since his is the foremost opinion on shameful, it's the only answer that matters. Do with it what you will.

For the record, FSM has no opinion on the shamefulness of Mayos platinum. 

woah. deep.

But I don't give a damn what people think, and this plat was honestly fun for people looking at this for reference.

~

On 8/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, Arin1979 said:

Better than this

little-adventure-on-the-prairie-artwork.

Platted and done with. ?

Edited by shxrpay

To answer the thread question: no. It's not shameful. At the end of the day trophies are just digital stamps; who cares?

I'm surprised the developer of this game hasn't made more games with different themes/different objects. They would probably sell well with trophy hunters. At times like these I wish I knew how to make games, I'd make a fortune! >:D

Edited by The_Snooze

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...