Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

First off, im glad they announced it atleast a few months before it happens instead of a silent shutdown, but i am not sure if i should even start GTA 5 or Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 3 has that very hard new york minute trophy and GTA5 already has an unobtainable trophy, something with bounty system not working.

La Noire on the other hand is a very good game and had a fun platinum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, REAPER4536 said:

Here we go again.... :(

My thoughts exactly ?

But this time I'm lucky I already finished GTAV on PS3 last year and I'm already working on Max Payne 3 where I only need XP to finish off the 2 final online trophies. So not as much stress as with Uncharted for me ? 

Small warning: In Max Payne 3, the DLC trophy for completing challenge mode might also be online. I never tried playing it offline and see if the scores save when playing offline but that might need to be verified.

37 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Apparently LA Noire has no online trophies, also I'd keep an eye on GTA IV and RDR, it's very weird Rockstar leaving them alone

They might be P2P. GTA IV had stat tracking through GameSpy, GameSpy closed but GTA IV stayed online.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

They are going to shutdown GTAIV next. 

P. S. Is LA Noire safe? Any trophies related to some Rockstar Social Club that requires online connection or are all trophies offline only? 

Don’t really know but get 100%.

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

They might be P2P. GTA IV had stat tracking through GameSpy, GameSpy closed but GTA IV stayed online.

They patched the game, too, They even did the same to RDR because of the Social Club challenges, they were gone but the rewards were given to everyone.

1 hour ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

They are going to shutdown GTAIV next. 

P. S. Is LA Noire safe? Any trophies related to some Rockstar Social Club that requires online connection or are all trophies offline only? 

PS3 and PS4 versions have only offline trophies thank God.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Apparently LA Noire has no online trophies, also I'd keep an eye on GTA IV and RDR, it's very weird Rockstar leaving them alone

I'd bet they were skipped (for now) due to them being back-compatible with the Xbox One/Series.

Also note that MC:LA had it's servers turned back on after it was added to backwards compatibility.

15 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I'd bet they were skipped (for now) due to them being back-compatible with the Xbox One/Series.

Also note that MC:LA had it's servers turned back on after it was added to backwards compatibility.

The Online was never shut sown for the 360 version. The rating cards was removed, and never returned. 

• Like 2

It could be that those games switched to using microsofts servers after they decide to shutdown the official ones, which is why the games can still be played online on xbox but not ps3. I know crysis 2 did that a while back as well.