God of War will NOT have microtransactions

MidnightDragon

Is it even going to have an online mode? God of War: Ascension had horrific online, if this has it then it would be a completely pointless addition. More time should be spent on the story rather than adding a multiplayer component to the game. It's one of the only games I am really considering purchasing and playing on release date, so I would hope none of it has multiplayer. 

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Is it even going to have an online mode? God of War: Ascension had horrific online, if this has it then it would be a completely pointless addition. More time should be spent on the story rather than adding a multiplayer component to the game. It's one of the only games I am really considering purchasing and playing on release date, so I would hope none of it has multiplayer. 

No, they said Ascension's was more of an experiment, but that doesn't stop companies. Ubi had timesaver packs in AC Rogue, which has no online mode other than the optional Club Ubisoft/uPlay stuff. 

• Like 1

I really bugs me that we have to even ask about microtransactions in a single player game, but I'd like to point out that a lot of DLC isn't really considered microtransactions. So, there could still very well be a season pass and who knows what else.

• Like 1

As someone who has all God of Wars done, including the Vitas, I was very worried this new game was going to have some sort of microtransactions and multiplayer.

I know the reasons why people hate microtransactions so I'm not going to make a brick wall statement out of them since they've basically been beaten to the ground.

However I'm not a fan of games that are mostly single player, but instill a bit of multiplayer so you're required to boost with other players. That's just padding a mode into a game that doesn't really require it.

Far Cry 4 is a good example, you HAVE to boost for the two co-op trophies and you may have to boost for the online multiplayer mode that makes up one trophy out of the entire base game list. Most of everything is done on single player but I have to force myself to boost and find a reliable partner? That's just crap.

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell is another game that has one multiplayer trophy for playing with a co-op partner for THREE hours. Again, just padding in something that wasn't really needed, most people probably don't even care about the co-op in Gat Out of Hell anyway.

God of War Ascensions multiplayer is awful but at least you didn't have to play with other people. Such a bullshit move Santa Monica decided to force you to use an online pass in order to access the online. It just didn't work for the series.

1 hour ago, DennisWilles said:

It's a singleplayer game, why would it have microtransactions in the first place? Why would you pay more money to have less time with a game? 

In other God of War games, Kratos has weapons and those weapons need to be upgraded, there could be micro transactions for weapon upgrades instead of grinding the game to upgrade them. Then they could add costumes for Kratos to the game and you buy them for money in-game. There’s plenty of ways for it to get micro transactions and hopefully they keep their word and don’t add them.

Edited by Sergen

Maybe I'm too naive but the idea of having microtransaction on a God Of War game never crossed my mind and I don't expect Spiderman, Ghost Of Tsushima, Days Gone or any of the singleplayer only game from Sony to have any kind of microtransaction (other than quality story DLC like the one for Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last Of Us) in the near future.

Wasn't surprised myself to hear that at all.  Made me question why anyone thought the game would have it in the first place.  It's a single player game, so why would it have any form of microtransactions?

But having said that, still glad there are none with this game, makes me want the game that much more now.

On 6.3.2018 at 10:42 PM, Neef-GT5 said:

Sad times, when it’s become an event for a game not to include these money-sucking s***

that was my thought 

isnt it sad that we live in a time where devs and pubs expect us to cheer when they say their game wont have microtransactions or a season pass 

man fuk this shit 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Why did they even ask them that? It’s sound that they are some kind of EA or Ubi, used to put micro into their games -_- 

Because that's what every gamer wants to know since it's the current trendy topic. Just another "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. It's more sad how people these days find ways to get offended even when they get exactly what they wish for.