Searching a nice vita game to play

ACTWD

Hi, i'm currently on vacation, and i would like to found a small game to play on my psvita.

I have no idea, and would appreciate some suggestions.  The type of the game does not matter, just searching a good game at a low price on psstore, and a nice trophy list. 

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

That depends a LOT on what you enjoy playing. But here's my suggestions based on the Summer Sales deals:

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (5.99€) - Possibly the best racing game on Vita, I bought it 5 days ago and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

- Hotline Miami 1 or 2 (2.99€ or 4.99€) - A fast paced top down view clear the floor of enemies type of game. As a nice plot and the game is so hard but satisfying to play.

- Grand Kingdom (It was free on PS+ and it is now 4.99€) - A really good turn based strategy game, a lot of classes and equipable items. Really enjoyed it.

- Broken Sword 5 (It was free on PS+ and it is now 3.99€) - If you are looking for a puzzle adventure game where you have to fnd clues to advance the story, this is the game for you. The game is divided in two parts and it's really fun. Also, the trophy list is really easy.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus (4.99€) - Possibly the best Turn based strategy game for the system. The levels are randomly generated and there is permadeath meaning you need to take care of your soldiers to advance through the game. Also, the base management between missions is fantastic.

VALKYRIE DRIVE - BHIKKHUNI (9.99€) - A fun Hack and Slash game with a LOT of fan service in it, you can change the girls clothes and lingirie and those such things. If you enjoyed the anime, this game is a good fit for you.

- Unchated: Golden Abyss (It was free on PS+ and it is now 7.99€) - Do I really have to say why you should buy an Uncharted game? 

Borderlands 2 (9.99€) - A really charming FPS, the visuals are so unique and games as a lot os jokes and comic situations, really good buy.

The only game with an "easy" platinum is Uncharted, the others you need to work a little hard to get them.

Be aware that I only listed games that I have previously played, there are others like the sly trilogy, the God of War collection, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048 or the LEGO games that are always a good buy!

Let me know what game(s) you decided to buy eventually and have a nice vacation ;) 

• Like 3

I always see people saying Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice are good, but I haven't played them to see for myself. The one I'd recommend is Injustice: Gods Among Us since it's surprisingly well made for the vita. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrHambone said:

I completely agree! It makes use of all the Vita's functions.

I wish they only worked... Tearaway could have been a fantastic game with its ideas but technical and design issues plus glitches made it almost like a chore to play. 

Gravity Rush worked better. Other than often failing the sliding race missions due to touch screen control issues (game kept registering holding two thumbs on the screen as a swipe) I enjoyed the game a lot. 

If you're up for an easy to learn but challenging game with addictive gameplay and some humor, I recommend Everybody's Golf. It's my favorite game on Vita. I think the game sells for under 10 € currently in PS Store and it's easy to play for short periods at a time. The online servers have closed for Everybody's Golf though, so platinum is unobtainable due to one online trophy.

• Like 1

Ys Memories of Celceta

Ys Lacrimosa of Dana

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2

Tokyo Xanadu

Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

Sly Trilogy

Adventures of Mana

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Broken Age

Bastion

Just a few that came to my mind. :D

Edited by killivincent
Removed I am Setsuna
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Not a single one of those are vita exclusives...

#REKT

18 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

Tearaway, best game on the vita in my opinion ^_^

It can't be the best game on Vita if it's not Japanese 375369048038572035.png?v=1

OP: Since you don't seem to have any Vita game on your profile, Gravity Rush would be a great start to get to know your Vita-tan.

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

#REKT

It can't be the best game on Vita if it's not Japanese 375369048038572035.png?v=1

OP: Since you don't seem to have any Vita game on your profile, Gravity Rush would be a great start to get to know your Vita-tan.

Why offer him Gravity Rush when there's Danganronpa and Steins Gate? :o 

Avoid the Jak and Daxter collection at all costs. Terrible FPS, awful button lag, looks like a mess on the Vita compared to how well the collection performs on the PS3.

I suggest Uncharted: Golden Abyss for obvious reasons, although tons of people have already played through that game and earned the platinum.

Killzone: Mercenary is a pretty decent shooter for the Vita but it has some grindy multiplayer trophies. Not sure if you're up for that.

Otherwise it's better to follow what everyone else is saying. I spend very little time on my Vita as opposed to my PS4 and PS3.

21 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I wish they only worked... Tearaway could have been a fantastic game with its ideas but technical and design issues plus glitches made it almost like a chore to play. 

Gravity Rush worked better. Other than often failing the sliding race missions due to touch screen control issues (game kept registering holding two thumbs on the screen as a swipe) I enjoyed the game a lot. 

If you're up for an easy to learn but challenging game with addictive gameplay and some humor, I recommend Everybody's Golf. It's my favorite game on Vita. I think the game sells for under 10 € currently in PS Store and it's easy to play for short periods at a time. The online servers have closed for Everybody's Golf though, so platinum is unobtainable due to one online trophy.

(sorry for out of subject)

If you don't like it on vita, @Eyjabria, I advise you to never play it on PS4. I'd love it on Vita, but it's my worst gaming experience on PS4 !

To answer you @actwd, my best Vita titles (except Uncharted you already have):

Super Time Force Ultra

Thomas Was Alone

Tearaway

Gravity Rush

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (and 2 and 3)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Dragon's Crown