10 Things I Hate About Games, An Event (Event Over -- Badges Distributed)

@gruffiiti One more completed and i finally reach the basic badge ?

Category

Game   Qualifier
EZPZ  274c.png  
Ultra Rare

Mortal Kombat X :platinum:1f4af.png                        

2.02%
Platinum-Less  274c.png  
Unpopular  274c.png  
DLC  Gravity Rush 2 :platinum:+1f4af.png

DLC Trophy Pack1-

Another Story: The Ark of  Time –  Raven’s  Choice 

Difficulty  Tales of Zestiria :platinum:+1f4af.png  A Life Torn Between Order and Chaos
Speed Run  Call of Duty Modern Warfare  Remastered :platinum:  Best of the Best / Mile High Club
MP  274c.png  
Peripherals  274c.png  
Bad Rep  Murdered: Soul Suspect :platinum:

Metascore: 59

Update:

@fabiansc83 @ZachGM91 @Jens @Cassylvania @Myu @Lojtana @Han_the_Dragon @Gesyca @NetEntity @Kristycism @Dragon-Archon @SuperSmash5U 

I think I got everyone up to date now. If I missed anyone please tag me in your post! :blink:

Sorry for missing an update @Kristycism! You should be updated now but I noticed you had Little Nightmares listed for 2 categories. Can you let me know which to use it for and if you have another game to sub in for the other?

Congrats to @Jens @Cassylvania @Han_the_Dragon for completing their lists! Some real nice games you all completed this event.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Sorry for missing an update @Kristycism! You should be updated now but I noticed you had Little Nightmares listed for 2 categories. Can you let me know which to use it for and if you have another game to sub in for the other?

That's okay, it happens when there's so many people posting :)

For Little Nightmares, one was for the base game (Speed run category) and one was for the DLC (for the DLC category), but I can swap it over if that's not allowed?

If you want me to swap, then Eventide: Slavic Fable can go in the speed run category, for the two minigame time trophies (Fast as Lightning / Fast and Precise) and Little Nightmares for the DLC category.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@Kristycism I went back to read the rules eigen had posted originally and confirmed it did say only 1 category per game so I added Eventide and you are all set. Hows it coming on Orcs Unchained btw? Thats a mighty big undertaking so close to the shutdown. :ninja:

That's totally fine ^_^ I was mostly just proud of achieving Hard to the Core and wanted to show it off, but it's not a big deal, I still have the trophy either way :P

It's actually going okay! Probably another 30-35 hours and it'll all be over! It's a good game, so I'm glad I actually got to play it before servers closed. My only regret is not starting it a year ago when I first thought about it, and instead leaving it so close to shutdown that it's making it a rush, which takes away the enjoyment from the game :/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

That's totally fine ^_^ I was mostly just proud of achieving Hard to the Core and wanted to show it off, but it's not a big deal, I still have the trophy either way :P

It's actually going okay! Probably another 30-35 hours and it'll all be over! It's a good game, so I'm glad I actually got to play it before servers closed. My only regret is not starting it a year ago when I first thought about it, and instead leaving it so close to shutdown that it's making it a rush, which takes away the enjoyment from the game :/

Ive been meaning to play Little Nightmares for ages. It seems though every time I download it onto my PS4 to get ready to start it 3 other games are released or go on a deep sale that I apparently need to play first. I will get to it one of these days I swear!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gruffiiti said:

Ive been meaning to play Little Nightmares for ages. It seems though every time I download it onto my PS4 to get ready to start it 3 other games are released or go on a deep sale that I apparently need to play first. I will get to it one of these days I swear!!

I'm the same with I Am Alive... and I'm also wanting to actually buy Little Nightmares for ages, but end up never buying it.. but that's maybe because I want the collector's edition, and the stores around here that have it, are still selling it for 35€ (that was the release day price..)

11 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

You should play it! It's so good! Creepy, but really good! I kind of went into it not knowing what to expect, but I really enjoyed it, and the plot twist at the end had me nattering on to my friends who'd already played it for weeks. And now I keep recommending it to people :P

And the DLC is 100% worth it. It's a little different from the base game (the first of the three DLC chapters is similar, the other two are more puzzle-focussed), but I actually enjoyed it even more. And again there was an unexpected plot twist that's made me keep telling people to play it xD

But yeah - 100% would recommend, base game & DLC if you can afford it!

• Like 2

I am bowing out of this event. I got a couple things off the list done but I don't have the willpower to play the remaining games I put down. As it's halfway through March, and I have a lot of school stuff going on right now, I'm thinking I'd rather just play the new games I bought and enjoy them instead. Sorry about that, but thank you for letting me participate.

Edited by coldsphinx93

Whelp, I went back to Necrodancer and that's taking up almost all of my time so I won't meet my goals for this. I did do a few things, and still might get the Fenix Furia plat by then, but whatever. I need to learn and just not sign up for stuff. 

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

You should be proud. Tried going for it awhile back and I got as far as the next to last level before I had to give up and return it to GameFly. I'm going to have to buy it and try again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

You should play it! It's so good! Creepy, but really good! I kind of went into it not knowing what to expect, but I really enjoyed it, and the plot twist at the end had me nattering on to my friends who'd already played it for weeks. And now I keep recommending it to people :P

And the DLC is 100% worth it. It's a little different from the base game (the first of the three DLC chapters is similar, the other two are more puzzle-focussed), but I actually enjoyed it even more. And again there was an unexpected plot twist that's made me keep telling people to play it xD

But yeah - 100% would recommend, base game & DLC if you can afford it!

Haha I bought the complete edition ages ago. December 2017 to be exact (I checked in my PSN store purchases).

Maybe I'll work it into my stack of games Im working on at the moment. Whats one more right??

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZachGM91 said:

You should be proud. Tried going for it awhile back and I got as far as the next to last level before I had to give up and return it to GameFly. I'm going to have to buy it and try again.

In one of my runs I died right at the end of the second last level >_< you know the chase bit right at the end? I started sprinting too early and ran out of stamina too soon, and got caught. It’s plain sailing from that point too! >_< and I also died at that same chase by accidentally standing under a wardrobe as it fell down and got crushed.

But most of my runs ended in the kitchen. And one to the leech things near the start of the first level because I was an idiot xD

3 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Haha I bought the complete edition ages ago. December 2017 to be exact (I checked in my PSN store purchases).

Maybe I'll work it into my stack of games Im working on at the moment. Whats one more right??

Do iiiitttttt!!! :D it’s not a long game (other than Hard to the Core, which can be long or short depending on skill/luck), so it’ll barely increase the time-length of your gaming stack! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Do iiiitttttt!!! :D it’s not a long game (other than Hard to the Core, which can be long or short depending on skill/luck), so it’ll barely increase the time-length of your gaming stack! :)

I agree! This is a great little game with tons of creepy atmosphere. I finished all trophies on the base game in the past and really liked it.  I plan to revisit it next time I see a sale on the DLC or a complete version so I can get the whole 100% this time. 

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Whelp, I went back to Necrodancer and that's taking up almost all of my time so I won't meet my goals for this. I did do a few things, and still might get the Fenix Furia plat by then, but whatever. I need to learn and just not sign up for stuff. 

Oh man. That's impressive. I had a hard time with that game and couldn't come close to what you've done with it trophy-wise. Good luck!! 

3 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

I am bowing out of this event. I got a couple things off the list done but I don't have the willpower to play the remaining games I put down. As it's halfway through March, and I have a lot of school stuff going on right now, I'm thinking I'd rather just play the new games I bought and enjoy them instead. Sorry about that, but thank you for letting me participate.

It's no problem. Play things as they make sense for you. Sounds like your focus is in the right place. 

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be able to finish this event properly after all, found a camera I'll be able to borrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get The Playroom done this weekend and close this thing out with 10 out of 10.

• Like 3

Two games to update! I finished up my MP game with Hidden Agenda and my Ultra Rare game with Rayman Legends :) I'm not quite sure how playlink is needed or enhances Hidden Agenda, and my wife found it kind of annoying when we played together...but I let her know she was doing it for a good cause by helping knock out this category. Rayman was a lot of fun but I kind of regret doing it with a time constraint. The grind would have been more fun if I didn't feel like I needed to do the daily challenges every day and/or if I felt like accepting a silver trophy was ok instead of needing a gold every time. Good pick up though for a PS+ game. All that's left is my Speed Run category and Kingdom Hearts. I may be able to finish it in time, but I doubt it. I'll give it the old college try though!

Category

Game (With Region/Version)

Qualifier

EZPZ

Blackwood Crossing

Completion 84.4%

Ultra Rare

Rayman Legends

Completion 4.36%

Platinum-Less

Papers, Please

Unpopular

Banner Saga 3

281 Owners

DLC

Return to Arkham City

Harley Quinn's Revenge

Difficulty

Banner Saga 2

Hard Difficulty

Speed Run

Kingdom Hearts

Speedster

MP

Hidden Agenda

The Rivals

Peripherals

Batman: Arkham VR

VR

Bad Rep

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Metascore 59

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 2:45 AM, monkeydluffy512 said:

Update!!

Game (With Region/Version) Qualifier
EZPZ Jack &Jill DX (Vita/NA) :platinum: Completion 99.05%
Ultra Rare ➡️Sacred 3 :platinum: Completion 3.51%
Platinum-Less ➡️Furmins  
Unpopular Devious Dungeon (PS4/NA) :platinum: 1009 Owners
DLC Far Cry 4 ? Valley of the Yetis
Difficulty ➡️Akiba's Trip :platinum: Game Otaku
Speed Run ➡️Ratchet & Clank:platinum: Faster Than a Speeding Amoeboid
MP Far Cry 5 :platinum: ARCADE Competitor
Peripherals ➡️Statik PSVR
Bad Rep ➡️Coffin Dodgers :platinum:

Metascore:36

User Score:4.6

3/20 Update

finished a few categories and making a couple of switches

Platnum-less: Switching One Piece: Grand Cruise with Furmins

Peripherals: Switching Rick and Morty with Statik

hopefully I can finish these two before the event ends

Edited by monkeydluffy512
added arrows to show what's new
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 8:37 AM, ArtikSkarab said:

Category

✅EZPZ Aabs Animals 98.63%
2705.pngUltra Rare Capcom Arcade Cabinet Lowest Base Game Trophy is 0.43%
2705.pngPlatinum-Less SOMA (NA)  
2705.pngUnpopular Pic-a-Pix Pieces (NA) (PS4)  109 Owners
2705.png DLC Minecraft (PS4)

Expansion Pack 8

2705.png Difficulty Asura's Wrath Gaea's Champion
2705.png Speed Run Broken Age (PS4) Let's Get this Good Time Over With
2705.png MP Foul Play Team Player
2705.png Peripherals The Jackbox Party        Pack 2 (PS3) Multiple Phones / Internet Browsers
2705.pngBad Rep Battleship (PS3) 44 / 2.7

Finally bit the bullet and purchased Aabs Animals... What a colossal waste of money. Al least, most EZPZ games are, you know, actual games. At least it was short. That brings me up to a 10/10 completion. Thanks to @eigen-space for the great idea and to @gruffiiti and @BigHonkingOne for the gracious help.

• Like 4

And Done!

Category

EZPZplat :platinum:

Survive! Mr. Cube

90.79%
Ultra Rare:platinum: Trine 2: Complete Story 1.61%
Platinum-Less ✅ SOMA  
Unpopular :platinum: Waking Violet 260
DLC✅

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Dead Kings
Difficulty :platinum: inFAMOUS 2 Pain Builds Character
Speed Run :platinum: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered Staying Dry, Quick Jaunt Through a Warzone, Bullet Train From Hell
MP :platinum: Doom (2016) IPXSETUP.EXE, Combat tested, Doomguy approved
Peripherals:platinum: Skylanders Giants Skylander figures and portal
Bad Rep :platinum: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 34 Metascore

This was fun. a few were a pain to do (namely Trine 2's "Walk in the Park" Trophy and playing through all of ACU), but it did allow me to play games that I wouldn't have thought to play or haven't gotten around to playing. It even helped me get over my "fear" of playing multiplayer for the time being. Thanks for hosting the event, @eigen-space, and thanks to everyone who helped them run it.

One side thought. Maybe next year, we can add a category for games that make you grind for a trophy. inFAMOUS and Skylanders were fun to play but the trophies that made you grind get all the upgrades or a lot of money were what dragged the game along.

• Like 2

I'm done! Just in time (almost) for Sekiro :) Needed to clean up the last couple of trophies in Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, my girlfriend and I are a good team though, and became "Masters of the Spacetime" without too much trouble. I really recommend that game to anyone looking for couch-coop games on the PS4.. 

Category

Game (all EU / PS4)

Qualifier

EZPZ    
Ultra Rare Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime 3.25% Completion    
Platinum-Less   Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris     
Unpopular    
DLC    
Difficulty Darksiders 3 Death Incarnate
Speed Run Bound Speedrunner
MP Red Dead Redemption 2 Notorious 
Peripherals    
Bad Rep    

This was my first community event, and I'm happy with the results! Never aimed for 10 games since I don't really complete games at a fast pace, but the 5 I did get done I'm really happy about. 

Thanks guys for running this event and keeping track of everything, and also to all the participants for the entertaining updates! ?

Finally got my copy of LEGO Dimensions, cost me 50% to get it to my store shipped in one day as they don't sell the starter kit anymore, but it was worth it. I have sore jawlines after recovering from major dental surgery and am always in pain so it's hard to do any gaming, but it was relaxing to build the Toypad portal. :) Just cleared the first three levels and got five trophies.

@gruffiiti My final update maybe? 

Completed my game for the MP category ?

Category

Game   Qualifier
EZPZ  274c.png  
Ultra Rare

Mortal Kombat X :platinum:1f4af.png                        

2.02%
Platinum-Less  274c.png  
Unpopular  274c.png  
DLC  Gravity Rush 2 :platinum:+1f4af.png

DLC Trophy Pack1-

Another Story: The Ark of  Time –  Raven’s  Choice 

Difficulty  Tales of Zestiria :platinum:+1f4af.png  A Life Torn Between Order and Chaos
Speed Run  Call of Duty Modern Warfare  Remastered :platinum:  Best of the Best / Mile High Club
MP  Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist 1f4af.png  Playing for Real
Peripherals  274c.png  
Bad Rep  Murdered: Soul Suspect :platinum:

Metascore: 59

Edited by fabiansc83

This is probably my final update with the completion of the Caligula Effect. I haven't managed to complete everything but I don't have access to my PS4 at the moment and I'm already happy with the results.

EZPZ Old Man's Journey (PS4 - EU/NA) 80.77%
Ultra Rare Grand Kingdom (Vita - EU/NA) 1.18%
Platinum-Less Doodle Devil (PS4 - EU) no shiny plat
Unpopular The Caligula Effect (Vita - EU/NA) 1299
DLC Final Fantasy XV (PS4 - EU) Royal DLC
Difficulty Persona 3 : Dancing Moon Night (PS4 - JP)

結果にコミット

( Committed to the Result )

in the EU/NA version

Speed Run Final Fantasy IX (PS4 - EU) The Ultimate Sword
MP    
Peripherals Just Dance 2016 (PS4- EU) PS Move / Camera
Bad Rep Beyond Eyes (PS4 - EU)

52 / 4.6