Rate this game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is

kerck11

On 2/9/2019 at 5:10 AM, kerck11 said:

I give it 10/10 

Very long and very boring

Only fun I had was with Arthur and Lenny getting drunk, well apart from that its just boring

Not to mention the trophy list. I'll give 100/10 in terms of how boring the trophy list is

I agree with you 100%. Boring af. 11/10 on the boring scale. Obviously you will get hate on creating a thread like this because most sheep on the Internet feel that people aren't entitled to opinions if you go against the grain. That been said if someone doesn't agree with this thread, just move on. Just slide on by. The OP is just giving his version of game that he feels was boring. Each to his own. Of course people can disagree but to come onto the thread and say what's the use of such a thread is just plain stupid.

Forced myself to finish the game. Didn't want to leave it unfinished so I could have my own opinion (which apparently we aren't allowed to have on the net)

Thanks OP and it's an excellent topic. BTW play Witcher 3 as it will give you better enjoyment or even Assassins Creed Odyssey. 

• Like 3

On 2/9/2019 at 5:40 AM, steel6burgh said:

The game in honestly one of the most overrated games of all time.  There are some great things about it but there is a lot of things that are awful as well.  I'd give it a 4 or 5 out of ten.  Boring story, clunky character movement and controls.  Awful cover system.   The online plays horribly.  What are these free roam events?  I spawn in and am immediately surround by enemies in all directions getting shot before i can even get my bearings.  People are killing everybody rather than killing the person on the objective.  what makes it worse is Rockstar is so bull headed thinking they know whats best they don't listen.  they make no changes.  Only reason this game has an online base is beause of the sheer amount of people who listened to the reviews and bought the game.  When I look at my fiends list 20 or so people were playing this in the beginning and I never see any of them on it anymore because the online is that pathetic.  I just came back to the game myself because I'm running out of stuff to play until exodus drops next week and it has been a slow struggle.  Sure the intelligence of the AI around the world of RD2 is astonishing and groundbreaking but it takes much more than that to make a game feel like a great play.  They make immersion feel too much like going to work at a dead end job.  It becomes a grind and frustratingly so.  The heavily scripted missions with no sandbox approach is boring as the story.  I have to approach each mission exactly how Rockstar wants me to because God forbid I use this massive open world to exercise a freedom of choice on how I want to approach a mission.  If I don't follow the yellow mission script precisely it's mission failed.

All that you have said I've mention in other threads and you absolutely correct.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, GoDBoss173 said:

Lets start a new poll.

"Rate the OP 1-10 in terms of how pathetic he is"

Definitely a 10/10. Seriously such threads are just cancer.

I think your response to the OP is more cancerous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

I think your response to the OP is more cancerous.

Did you miss the "seriously"?. Of course I wasnt serious. It was a hyperbolic way to reflect his own attitude/bahavior.

To be honest it doesnt bother me in the slightest what some random troll/ guy (OP) thinks about a game. What matters is your own opinion and nothing else. I mean there is not a single game which is liked by everyone, no matter how great it is. Personally I am not a huge fan of Zelda BotW even though I love the franchise. For me it is an average Zelda and definitely not a 97 metascore( great world but pretty weak dungeons). He thinks the game is boring? Fine, each to his own.

My problem is that basically all good/great games have such "hater"/clickbait threads nowadays. Most people who like a game will avoid such threads anyway, but most people who dislike/hate the game will gather here to express their negative feelings. The problem is not THAT he started such a discussion, it is HOW he started it.

There is a considerable difference between:

A: "rate the game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is" ->clickbait title

First post: "I give it 10/10.Very long and very boring.Only fun I had was with Arthur and Lenny getting drunk, well apart from that its just boring"

and

B: A neutral title like "How did you like xy/ What do you think about..."

A first post with his pros/cons instead of a simple "its boring". What did he dislike/like and why?

"Thanks OP and it's an excellent topic "

Be honest, would you say the same thing if he starts a similar thread about a game you really like? Probably not, so stop your hypocrisy.

Edited by GoDBoss173

The biggest problem to me is that Chapter 1 is so damn boring and did absolutely nothing to hook me. I seriously consider it to be one of the worst openings in gaming.

Guess this kind of game isn't for me anymore since my gaming time is more limited. For example,  I am loving Crackdown 3 because it's simply a fun game that lets me feel like I'm making progress even if I only play for a few minutes. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

0/10 for me.  RDR1 is one of my all time favorite games.  RDR2 single player has lived up to my own personal hype in every single way.  The only thing lacking in my opinion is the online.  I don't think it's horrible, but it could be a lot better.  I remember RDR1 online took close to a year to reach its peak.  I am still optimistic that RDR2 online will get there.  I actually enjoy the battle royale stuff.  It just needs online poker/liar's dice and some more co-op missions like the last game had.

• Like 1

I bought this game for one thing only, a great rockstar story mode, the only annoying thing in the game was the trophies were a grind, but trophies aren’t required to play the game and enjoy it, so with that in mind I’d give it a 2/10 i wasn’t a fan of chapter 5, other than that it was immersive, lots to do and see, beautifully crafted world, and it was filled, not a dead world like F76, however, if it wasn’t for the trophies I would never have touched the online side of it, n that’s if it was awesome, which it really isn’t, I buy rockstar games because the single player is awesome, really awesome, and alone worth the money, I don’t mind online on GTA but with RDR I think they should scrap online altogether, it’s so boring, it’s also unfinished, broken, badly designed, whatever else you can say about it negatively, it’s probably correct too... 10/10 for online, but I’m not letting that deter me from loving such a good story, Arthur was great, I liked him tons more than I liked Marston, looking forward o RDR3... in around 13/14 years ?

The story at the moment. ( im Only on chapter 2) is really good and the game is fun but my problem is i rarly go on it because when i have a couple hours of gaming after work id rather go on a game i can jump straight into and make some real progress in that time. Rdr2 you need a fair crack at it to even do a couple missions because it is quite slow (especially trophy wise)

I was so hyped for this game, really loved the first Redemption game, but after earning the first 2 trophies I stopped playing. I just can't get interested in booting it up again. A couple of friends at work have said the same thing. Personally I think the beginning was dragged out far too long and no excitement built up at all for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

gonna have to say 4 or 5...quite a disappointment, really...one of the least addictive games I've played in a while...i did enjoy a lot of the non-story stuff (collectibles, stranger missions, challenges, compendium progression, etc.) way more than the story itself...first game in a long time where I actually started skipping cutscenes...i thought that chapter 5 could've been cut out entirely...just seemed silly and random...and those epilogues...oof...had a hard time staying awake...just didn't find the storyline all that interesting or original and my immersion was soured by the super slow pace and constant need to heal up, feed horse, travel for what seemed like ages, clean up, cook, etc...do enough of that in real life...

achieving gold medals on the missions was good fun minus the first 5 minutes of drivel while riding a horse to the objectives...was more focus on the gameplay which was relatively repetitive but solid...the limited resources and basic mount you are given in replay made for a decent challenge...

played the online from day 1 till about a week ago...love playing online with friends so had a lot of fun despite the limited content...had enough of it for now though and moved on to nioh (epic combat, epic)...will be back when more content and/or trophies are added...too beta...i'm more alpha...haha...

On 2/15/2019 at 8:20 PM, GoDBoss173 said:

Did you miss the "seriously"?. Of course I wasnt serious. It was a hyperbolic way to reflect his own attitude/bahavior.

To be honest it doesnt bother me in the slightest what some random troll/ guy (OP) thinks about a game. What matters is your own opinion and nothing else. I mean there is not a single game which is liked by everyone, no matter how great it is. Personally I am not a huge fan of Zelda BotW even though I love the franchise. For me it is an average Zelda and definitely not a 97 metascore( great world but pretty weak dungeons). He thinks the game is boring? Fine, each to his own.

My problem is that basically all good/great games have such "hater"/clickbait threads nowadays. Most people who like a game will avoid such threads anyway, but most people who dislike/hate the game will gather here to express their negative feelings. The problem is not THAT he started such a discussion, it is HOW he started it.

There is a considerable difference between:

A: "rate the game 1-10 in terms of how boring it is" ->clickbait title

First post: "I give it 10/10.Very long and very boring.Only fun I had was with Arthur and Lenny getting drunk, well apart from that its just boring"

and

B: A neutral title like "How did you like xy/ What do you think about..."

A first post with his pros/cons instead of a simple "its boring". What did he dislike/like and why?

"Thanks OP and it's an excellent topic "

Be honest, would you say the same thing if he starts a similar thread about a game you really like? Probably not, so stop your hypocrisy.

What fucking Pros/Cons would you want me to put?

Of how it has a great story or how fucking it takes ages to do EVERYTHING?

Fine, Cons first since I fucking hate this overhyped game

1. Map is too big for horseback(which I expected)

2. Everything is just slow af takes ages to do shit. Had to wait for this and that alm the time

3. Its more boring than Fortnite/PUBG or any BR

4. Its filled with open world things to do(side mission-a whole fucking bunch of them, cooking, riding obviously, etc)

5. Online is boring because of 1 thing, the money system, takes ages to buy everything and not only that, I have to spend a hefty amount of time earning stupid in game money. If Rockstar change/improve it I'll play it again coz its fun expecially the multiplayer modes

6. Outside of story missions is pretty bad for me, theres nothing for me to do except whatever trophy related thing is required I'll do

7. I had to keep tapping X for horseback which losen up the X button on my controller, fucking ridiculous

8. One of the chapter's ending is depressing af (I know it kind of ridiculous) but I hate it although we all knew that was going to happen

9. Had to fucking switched to John

10. Last but not least, fucking GRIEFERS but I only had to deal with them when I was in lower ranks(rank 1-15)

Pros

1. Lenny and Arthur drunken mishaps(that was fun especially when Arthur said "No one would have me") xD

2. Story was great(well its better than GTA 5 thank fuck) although its predictable that some shit gonna happen near the end or in the end

3. Graphics is amazing but I really don't give a fuck about damn graphics

4. Online Multiplayer Modes are FUN(gun running, races, 1-life, territory etc), I mean it when I said FUN. Its fun to kill griefers or I think that they are griefers in freeroam

5. POKER

And that pretty much it so dont FUCKING ask me about pros and cons coz I have had enough of this game. I've taken a break for a while I'll get the platinum some other time

I hope y'all fucking happy with my pros and cons so shut it already you silly c***s!

Edited by kerck11

For me it's a 8/10.

Most Story Missions were like: "Follow me 10 minutes and i show you a spot with 3 minutes awful gameplay with clunky controls."
The rest of the game were like, riding through a boring world and falling from your horse every minute because there was a pebble on the road. And never forget to smash the X button. No mather what you are doing, you are spamming the x button all the time. Except your low stamina gone empty.

World looks great but wasn't filled with everything interessting. After 10 hours of "gameplay" i only used the cinematic camera and done everything else.

Animations are way too slow. For expample: Picking up some plants or skinning an animal just took to much time to enjoy hunting.

The bad controls and slow animations were the worst part for me. The game wasn't a disaster. It felt like a game made 2000 (except graphics).

Edited by Katzen147

On 3/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, kerck11 said:

What fucking Pros/Cons would you want me to put?

Of how it has a great story or how fucking it takes ages to do EVERYTHING?

Fine, Cons first since I fucking hate this overhyped game

1. Map is too big for horseback(which I expected)

2. Everything is just slow af takes ages to do shit. Had to wait for this and that alm the time

3. Its more boring than Fortnite/PUBG or any BR

4. Its filled with open world things to do(side mission-a whole fucking bunch of them, cooking, riding obviously, etc)

5. Online is boring because of 1 thing, the money system, takes ages to buy everything and not only that, I have to spend a hefty amount of time earning stupid in game money. If Rockstar change/improve it I'll play it again coz its fun expecially the multiplayer modes

6. Outside of story missions is pretty bad for me, theres nothing for me to do except whatever trophy related thing is required I'll do

7. I had to keep tapping X for horseback which losen up the X button on my controller, fucking ridiculous

8. One of the chapter's ending is depressing af (I know it kind of ridiculous) but I hate it although we all knew that was going to happen

9. Had to fucking switched to John

10. Last but not least, fucking GRIEFERS but I only had to deal with them when I was in lower ranks(rank 1-15)

Pros

1. Lenny and Arthur drunken mishaps(that was fun especially when Arthur said "No one would have me") xD

2. Story was great(well its better than GTA 5 thank fuck) although its predictable that some shit gonna happen near the end or in the end

3. Graphics is amazing but I really don't give a fuck about damn graphics

4. Online Multiplayer Modes are FUN(gun running, races, 1-life, territory etc), I mean it when I said FUN. Its fun to kill griefers or I think that they are griefers in freeroam

5. POKER

And that pretty much it so dont FUCKING ask me about pros and cons coz I have had enough of this game. I've taken a break for a while I'll get the platinum some other time

I hope y'all fucking happy with my pros and cons so shut it already you silly c***s!

Could have not said it better especially the last line:lol::lol: I understand your frustration sometimes on this site because apparently you not entitled to an opinion of a game if it was critically acclaimed by all social media outlets. But most gamers are nice on PSNPROFILES, it's just a few aholes that instead of giving some constructive criticism will attack you if it doesn't go with their opinion on a game. Happy hunting.