PS3 is now a chore?

Reinachii-

What I find annoying about the PS3 is the message and chat system. Thankfully we have the message app but not everyone uses it. My PS3 will also freeze up if I look at my trophy list too long on there. Usually just have to sync and then view it on the app as well.

Another thing that bothers me about the PS3 is not having the ability to jump into the store while I'm in the middle of a game. It also becomes very difficult to find boosting partners for some of the older and more obscure games. Plus server shutdowns are always a looming threat.

Other than these issues, I don't mind playing PS3 games. I have a ton of good ones to finish.

I have my PS3 since 2010, and I jump between that and the PS4 so I still have to finish some games.

Heck I still have my PS2 that still works.

Now if there is a game that came out for PS3 and I can play it on the PS4 then I would not bother starting it on PS3. For example I missed out on Borderlands (PS3) but now that Borderlands GoTY edition came out on PS4, I will definitely play it now on the PS4.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 10:20 PM, ExHaseo said:

It's annoying having to unhook my PS4 and hook up my PS3, but otherwise it's not a chore. It's generally more of a joy honestly. Being able to go back in time before games weren't quite as watered down thanks to cut content "DLC" and more focus was being on graphics than gameplay. I still enjoy playing my PS2 as well. But it would be nice if PS2/PS3 games could be played on the PS4. Especially with some upscaling.

Talk about rose tinted glasses.. the ps3/360 is when cutting out in game content to sell it back to you as dlc started. Remember online passes and on disc dlc?

Asura's wrath locking the true ending behind a paywall is the worst offender :'(

24 minutes ago, GoldPickle1080 said:

Talk about rose tinted glasses.. the ps3/360 is when cutting out in game content to sell it back to you as dlc started. Remember online passes and on disc dlc?

Asura's wrath locking the true ending behind a paywall is the worst offender :'(

You can say I've got rose tinted glasses, but it sounds like you're just being overly negative. Cut content DLC started there, and I was against it whenever it happened. I even warned people that things would get out of control, and no one believed me. But those games are few and far between on the PS3. Only ones I can think of are Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and then Asura's Wrath. You're not likely to just pop in a game that's like that on the PS3. Unlike the PS4 where it's everywhere. To the point that even cheap budget games are doing it now.

As for online passes, I never saw anything wrong with that, because it's only something that affected you if you bought used. Paying the developer for their work isn't a big deal, and it only cut out multiplayer. If you didn't want to play online, then it didn't matter. Now, it really doesn't matter either. Almost no one is playing those games.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:38 PM, Reinachii- said:

should i look at getting ps now, or is the ps3 just not for me anymore?

I would recommend PS NOW only if you don't have a data cap on your Internet. That's the only reason I don't have PS NOW, the damn data cap. 

I still love going back to my PS3 and catch up on my backlog. Yeah, the overall flow of the system is very slow, especially trophy syncing and download speeds. Other annoyances aside, I'm just glad that I don't need wait for gigantic game updates to finish before I start playing.

• Like 1

If the PS4 was backwards compatible with the PS3 I would have retired the PS3 long ago. The UI is unpleasant and sluggish, the store sometimes kicks me out and after using the PS4 controller it's not so great handling the PS3 one.

That aside I still have a big collection of games to return to and have actually brought some more physical copies this year. Also completed World at War last month so still staying active!

On 11/02/2019 at 3:38 AM, Reinachii- said:

Recently, I have been wanting to finish up the ps3 games i missed. 

But going back to play them is becoming a chore.

I really like the ps4, ui, communities, controller etc... even just looking at trophies. 

I started playing infamous 2, but struggled to enjoy it, and cant be bothered to start my second playthrough.

Is infamous 2 a bad game? should i look at getting ps now, or is the ps3 just not for me anymore?

Anyone else feel like this?

No it does not feel like a chore at all i actually prefer the ps3 more because it has a lot of amazing games that i have yet to play.  The only thing ps4 does better is give you slightly better graphics but who cares about that, and besides ps4 doesn't have many hack 'n' slash games either.

I do have a ps4 however i have yet to play a game on it i borrowed Streetfighter 5 from my nephew about a year ago and i haven't even bothered to play it yet, but will do eventually when i'm ready to move on.

On 11/02/2019 at 3:38 AM, Reinachii- said:

Recently, I have been wanting to finish up the ps3 games i missed. 

But going back to play them is becoming a chore.

I really like the ps4, ui, communities, controller etc... even just looking at trophies. 

I started playing infamous 2, but struggled to enjoy it, and cant be bothered to start my second playthrough.

Is infamous 2 a bad game? should i look at getting ps now, or is the ps3 just not for me anymore?

Anyone else feel like this?

Yeah, I feel you.

i still have my PS3 hooked up, but the last few times I played it was for games I enjoyed very much (Hitman blood money and Beyond Good and Evil), but I definitely had forgotten how much I appreciate suspend mode.

having to fully load up a game - or wait for a save point to stop - makes the process very slow - and trophy synching is beyond a joke compared to PS4 / Vita.

Still a great library though!

On 2019-04-21 at 10:17 AM, GoldPickle1080 said:

Lol, not really. Pokemon ring a bell? And you can hand wave away the dual releases all you with bs like “but muh trading and social play”. Nope. It was to milk consumers. Cut content from each game so you either needed both (and two systems to trade with yourself) or to find some rube who bought it. But hey, don’t worry, they’ll sell a complete version where you can actually catch everything later on. Just buy the game again! Much better than dlc. /s 

this shit is not at all new. 

Playstation 3 does feel sluggish, its like turning on your old windows 95 back in the 90s, the bootup takes 5mins....browsing is like 56k again. Don't even start up the playstation store!! OMG the loading...
I heard PS5 will be BC with PS4, hopefully!! it runs PS3 games somehow too even if it means you need Ps plus.

I still love using my PS3, but there are undoubtedly some unpleasant issues that pop up when you’ve been spoiled by the PS4. The messaging/chat system on the PS3 drives me crazy, and I also miss the communities/chats and the ease of accessing certain apps, live-streams, music etc. like I do on the PS4.

As far as games go however, the PS3 has an amazing catalogue of games and I still have heaps of PS3 games in my backlog that I’m eagerly looking forward to!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the PS4 with a passion. The controller especially. I don't know why but the whole PS4 atmosphere just is not very welcoming to me and the UI seems like a downgrade. I think the only thing I like about the PS4 is the speed in loading certain things but it is supposed to be an upgrade to the PS3 so it should be faster at least.

Anyway I will always choose PS3 over PS4. :P

• Like 2

Personally the Ps3 and ps4 is the same. I recently bought the PS4 and even I have a lot of good games waiting for the platinum, it's fun to play in both platforms especially if you have games that had a remaster in the PS4. I'm going to play first bioshock 1,the Japanese version and end with the PS4 version ?

The most important thing is to enjoy gaming and specially trophy hunting 

• Like 1