What Platinum Trophy are you NOT planning on getting?

JoaLoft

As a "completionist" (i.e. platinum / 1000G/ 100% every game I play) I always find it interesting to think about the few games I would play on my main account, and also accept that I just will never get the platinum/1000G for it. These days, I'm kinda OCD about it - on my main profile I max everything, and so I don't miss out on tougher games I make backup "sin" accounts and just ignore trophies/achievements (Overwatch, RDR2, etc.)

On my Xbox One profile (main system), I am at 204 / 212 completions. Of those 8, put MKX, older Maddens, and Halo 5 on my profile regardless, because I loved the games, could get reasonably high %'s, and knew that my completion rate was ok. On PS, it has been harder to break that mold, as I am at 25 / 25 completions. I use the system mainly for PS exclusives I'd otherwise miss out on, and as such have kind of just completed everything. The only 2 trophies I'm missing on my profile are from Spiderman NG+, which I've left undone due to laziness (will probably revisit after Days Gone).

In this ilk, the only games I think I would put on my main profile irrespective of their difficulty is The Last of Us II and Death Stranding. Possibly Dreams too. Those games look so good that when they come out, I will at least consider putting them on my main profile. 

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 2

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session. I just gave up on the idea that I'll ever get it. The requirements towards the platinum are fucking insane. I'd have to have the reflexes of Bruce Lee and as many arms as Shiva to even think about getting it.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. The combo challenges on this one will forever stand between me and the platinum. No way I'm ever going to get that good.

I might actually be able to get the Platinum for Dragon Ball FighterZ (eventually) if they never cancel the weekly Zeni bonus. Because otherwise, I am not spending 100h on a mindless grind.

red dead 2
silent hill 2
devil may cry 4
kh chain of memories ps3
metal gear rising
catherine
ninja gaiden sigma

I'm not gonna list the dead multiplayer games because there's quite a few of those lol but anyway I pass on multiple playthroughs or really difficult trophy lists unless I'm really into the game.

Vr worlds-fun game but wow its hard

Rdr2-dont need to explain why lol

God of war-left it too long now since attempting valkaryie boss. I would probs after start it again to get my skills back up

Overwatch-need to.be very good at multiplayer (which i am not) and get shit loads of luck

Gta 4-currently gone back after 6 years to get all offline trophies but no chance with online these days

Edited by dannyswfc9

Wolf2 and Gwent because bullshit.

The other 4 games that I'm missing platinum can't even do them because I don't have a PS3 anymore and tbh, don't think I would bother unless there is an easy/ fast way out.

1 hour ago, Kaiwan said:

Neverwinter, got 1 trophy so cannot delete

Guacamelee..

PES 2018

Dragon Age Inquisition due to no disc now, and it is hard too

Tropico 5, can't get into it

and a few more which I cannot remember now

Wish we could delete games that are not platinumed.

• Like 1

I have a lot of games who's plats I won't be getting either due to difficulty, duration or boredom with the game.

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 BBS, CoM, DDD: Due to difficulty. I completed the stories on the originals and intend to just complete the stories on the remakes, but I suck as KH and just about manage normal mode. 100-150 hours plat completion time estimates with trophies for playing on proud and critical has made this an impossible series to plat. Although KH3 looks fairly simple to plat so that might just be my only KH play besides 365/2 days.

FFX: Difficulty and duration- I cleared the story but got too frustrated with all the mini games and so much grinding. But mostly the chocobo mini games and doing things like dodging lightning bolts and blitzball, I couldn't be bothered despite this being a fantastic game.

Tales of Zestiria and Symphonia DOTW: Two of the worst games ever, absolutely hated these. Playing more than the bare minimum is torture, not worth the time. 

Tales of Symphonia, Disgaea 4, Disgaea 5: All great games, but the plats are all super long and grindy 150+ hour grindfest marathons with far too many hours of repetitive work than I can handle. I think FF13 and Tales of Xillia 2's plats were as far as Id go in terms of grindy trophies.

Persona 4 Golden: The game alright but I couldn't really get into it in terms of the gameplay and having to choose what to do all the time. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Hatsune Miku project diva F: I bought this as it had a 3/10 difficulty rating and seemed fun, only to realise that I suck as rhythm games and never bothered. 

Soulsbourn games because I suck. Still going to play them though. 

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 - There's a crazy long grind, gonna play to about halfway to that point and quit. ?

Yakuza - So I really like the style and the story. But I might burn out and stop before the platinum and move on to the next in the series.

This one has no platinum, but I need to vent.

Roundabout Was a free PS+, played and got a trophy before looking into it. Well they must hate trophy hunters or just trolling. The 100% trophy icon is "WHY." Another trophy requires you to play a stupid minigame for 6 hours in one sitting. And no platinum... wish I could delete. ?

list of the games that I have no interest on plating.

- Amplitude. ( super difficulty is way ahead of my league )

- Yakuza series. ( Japanese board games is not my cup of tea )

- The Witcher 3. ( the stupid Gwent just ward me off plus other stuff )

- Tekken 7. ( online issues )

- Uncharted 4. ( the speed run and accuracy trophies just made me hate the whole trophy list of this game and I don't know but I can't find enough people online to do the Medic! trophy as the game kept searching for people but no use )

- GTA 5.( not interested in the online mode )

- Driveclub. ( the grind is real! )

- Killzone 2. ( it's obvious! )

- Killzone 3. ( some of the trophies won't pop up to me no matter how many time I tried )

- Mortal Kombat X. ( online lagging issues )

- 3on3 Freestyle. ( playing it for fun )

- Watch_Dogs. ( the hot spots trophy glitched on me so after I beat the game I quit it all together )

- Grid 2. ( lost interest )

- Binary Domain. ( no one is online )

- Gran Turismo 5. ( it's obvious! )

- GT 6. ( it's Brutal with thumb sticks! )

- Max Payne 3 ( it's impossible! online is a wasteland )

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. ( I gave up! )

- Mirror's Edge ( bug related )

- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ( played it for Single Player Mode only )

- GTA 4. ( not interested, toor much online BS! )

- Tomb Raider 2013. ( no one online on ps3 version )

- NFS Hot Pursuit. ( played it just for fun )

- MGS4. ( too much BS for my blood and screw the big boss emblem requirements )

- Red Dead Redemption. ( played it just for the Story Mode )

- LBP 1 and 2. ( I gave up )

- LBP Karting. ( DO NOT BUY THE DIGITAL VERSION, IT'S HAYWIRE! )

- Nier. ( I hated this game! )

- Demon's Souls. ( them stone farming just made me rage quit )

- Dungeon Defenders. ( I just quit it )

- Final Fantasy XIII. ( I really thought it's like FFXII, MISTAKE WAS MADE! Hated This Game Ever Since..)

- Resistance 2. ( online issues of my very poor connection ward me off )

- Rogue Warrior. ( only played this because when we got a ps3 we don't have anything to play on so my best friend gave this game to me )

- Kane & Lynch 2. ( same as above )

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

list of the games that I have no interest on plating.

- The Witcher 3. ( the stupid Gwent just ward me off plus other stuff )

- Tekken 7. ( online issues )

- Uncharted 4. ( the speed run and accuracy trophies just made me hate the whole trophy list of this game and I don't know but I can't find enough people online to do the Medic! trophy as the game kept searching for people but no use )

The Witcher 3 is a long game. If you messed up on getting some of those missable Gwent cards without making backup saves you royally screwed yourself.

This is a game I have no problem with stacking or playing all over again. One of the best RPGs of the past few years. Death March isn't as bad as some people say it is.

-

You should have no problems with Tekken 7. It's only two years old and those online trophies can be done in a couple hours.

As a matter of fact after I clear 10 - 15 games off my backlog I will probably buy it for cheap at a retail store somewhere.

-

The single player isn't bad. You can literally cheat on Crushing difficulty because cheats don't disable trophies. Doing it legit is very difficult.

I would do the speed run and accuracy trophies on the easiest difficulty. If I remember correctly you get auto aim which makes the accuracy trophy a lot easier. The speed run isn't that hard, just skip all the dialogue and run through the scenic sections.

Online shouldn't be a problem as there's always people playing Uncharted 4.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

The single player isn't bad. You can literally cheat on Crushing difficulty because cheats don't disable trophies. Doing it legit is very difficult.

Can confirm. I did the entire game on Crushing difficulty (without the cheats), and although some parts are more difficult than others, the ship graveyard was pure torture to get through.

If cheats disabled trophies, I'm confident a lot less people would have this platinum trophy. Just because of that one chapter on Crushing difficulty.

Meatboy - finished this on Steam. Won't be trying again and definitely won't be going for the plat. My PS4 and pads probably wouldn't survive.

Red Dead 2 - Boring crap. Will forever stay at whatever percentage it's currently at.

Horizon zero dawn - Everyone must of played a different game to me. Awful. Abandoned long ago.

Dirt - love the game but I'm not skilled enough to plat it so not even gonna try haha.

Street Fighter 4 - Another game I love but not gonna attempt the plat as I lack the skill. If you have the plat you are a god!

Watchdogs - awful crap game.

No man's sky - Another awful crap game. Fortunately I got a refund so no longer own it

Edited by RedDevil757
Added a game
  • Like 1

For a while I played around with the idea of getting Yakuza Kiwami's platinum, but then I realized I am absolutely horrible at Mahjong and there isn't a computer like Stockfish that can systematically whip the AI for me. 

I mean, I definitely tried for a while, but I ended up giving up and with the realization that I wouldn't be getting that done, the motivation for the rest of the list and even my Legend run (of which I was half-way done) went out the window, too :'(

Batman: Arkham Knight - I have a little history with this game. My first experience with the game was the god awful pc port, that already pissed me off to no end. But when i got it for PS4 for some reason and started playing it, i still hated most of the changes mainly that fucking batmobile. I hoped it would get good but the more i continued the worse it got, so i just deleted the game and  ever since then i try to forget that i bought this game twice (even though i fefunded the PC version).

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain - I just got completely burnt out on the game. The gameplay is amazing but the story is almost nonexistent, so i could not be arsed to go on. Maybe some day i will at least finish the game.

Am I the only who doesn't mind trophies that require online cooperation?

Yes, it requires a bit more work than single-player trophies.  Yes, it's a pain, since it's not under your control.  Yes, you have to come online and coordinate, organize, cajole, convince people to work with you, get the timezones rights, deal with randoms, deal with server instabilities.

I used to hate those.

But you know what .... after participating and running some of the boosting sessions, there is a nice social aspect where you end a successful session with a sense of pride at having accomplished something together as a team, something you could never do alone, and everyone is thanking each other, and everyone is offering to help with other trophies, even though they've already got some of those trophies.  That part of the experience is growing on me.

Maybe I am becoming less anti-social as I grow older. Who knows.  Am I alone in this?  Aren't we online at psnprofiles precisely because we can talk to each other about our gaming experience and also setup boosting sessions?

Edited by FlatwellSequoia

6 hours ago, FlatwellSequoia said:

Am I the only who doesn't mind trophies that require online cooperation?

Yes, it requires a bit more work than single-player trophies.  Yes, it's a pain, since it's not under your control.  Yes, you have to come online and coordinate, organize, cajole, convince people to work with you, get the timezones rights, deal with randoms, deal with server instabilities.

I used to hate those.

But you know what .... after participating and running some of the boosting sessions, there is a nice social aspect where you end a successful session with a sense of pride at having accomplished something together as a team, something you could never do alone, and everyone is thanking each other, and everyone is offering to help with other trophies, even though they've already got some of those trophies.  That part of the experience is growing on me.

Maybe I am becoming less anti-social as I grow older. Who knows.  Am I alone in this?  Aren't we online at psnprofiles precisely because we can talk to each other about our gaming experience and also setup boosting sessions?

I much prefer to get online trophies legit. I hate having to boost especially if it's an old Playstation 3 game that barely anybody plays anymore.

I think most would agree that they would rather play Tekken 7 online and have fun while getting those trophies. Rather than boost a game like Assassins Creed Brotherhood or Battlefield: Bad Company where only a select few play online. And there's no guarantee that that boosting session is going to go smoothly.

I can just see boosting the trophy Kingpin in Red Dead Redemption to be a nightmare. Far Cry 2 is absolutely notorious for it's online trophies, and that requires a full house of people all working together.

Online co-op usually involve two to four people, and I generally think they are easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Max Payne 3: Only missing "The Shadows Rushed Me", tried a lot of times back then but I encountered a lot of bugs and freezes on many runs so I stopped playing. If PS5 has PS3 backwards compatibility I might give this another shot though.
Stardew Valley: I can't bring myself to play "Journey Of The Prairie King" over and over again, don't have the patience to go for that kind of trophies anymore.

I'm also missing the Red Dead Redemption II platinum, but I will get it eventually. Only need to get to level 50 in Online, but I find it extremely bad and boring right now so I'll play it later.

• Like 1

Basically anything above a 6/10 difficulty. I might actually play the games themselves (after getting them for the cheapest price available, naturally) on my other account and pay no heed to trophies, but even that's a risk I mostly don't care to take. If I miss out on a great game (which in 8/10 cases, I ultimately don't) then so be it.