dottyduke1

A Guide to Telltale Games Availability (NA)

94 posts in this topic

So if you have the disc versions of a game like borderlands or BTTF you still cant play them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So if you have the disc versions of a game like borderlands or BTTF you still cant play them?

The Wolf Among Us, TWD S1 & 2, Tales from the Borderlands and Back to the Future are 100% on the disc with no separate download required :).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Could someone buy the rights to TT games and then bring the games back?

The problem is, what's the incentive for a company to buy them? Telltale bankrupting has proven these games don't make money.

 

Skybound taking over Walking Dead and 2K trying to revive Tales From the Borderlands seem like PR moves to me. Skybound because that's the creator of Walking Dead's company and he didn't want people pissed off that the last season was canceled midway through. And 2K to try and distract people from the Borderlands 3 Epic Game Store controversy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap. I missed out on Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 months ago.

Looks like I'll miss it forever.

(unless someone else picks up the rights one day to re-publish it)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

Crap. I missed out on Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 months ago.

Looks like I'll miss it forever.

(unless someone else picks up the rights one day to re-publish it)

 

You can still pick it up the physical copy which is the season pass disc. Should still be able to download as it’s already an existing licence for the episodes 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

The problem is, what's the incentive for a company to buy them? Telltale bankrupting has proven these games don't make money.

 

Skybound taking over Walking Dead and 2K trying to revive Tales From the Borderlands seem like PR moves to me. Skybound because that's the creator of Walking Dead's company and he didn't want people pissed off that the last season was canceled midway through. And 2K to try and distract people from the Borderlands 3 Epic Game Store controversy.

But companies buy up assets in bankruptcy sales all the time. Imagine if Sony or Microsoft bought all the rights to these games for a fraction of the price and maybe not make new games (although they could) but continue selling the games on their stores.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Not even just delisted, but straight up yanked from your account:

 

https://kotaku.com/in-a-few-weeks-minecraft-story-mode-will-be-impossibl-1835210462

 

I think it is bad info.  The Minecraft site folks don’t understand the process of how delisted content works.

 

i could be wrong but my guess is it will work like any delisted content.  You can still redownload if you have the license or disc. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, djb5f said:

 

I think it is bad info.  The Minecraft site folks don’t understand the process of how delisted content works.

 

i could be wrong but my guess is it will work like any delisted content.  You can still redownload if you have the license or disc. 


I've heard people not being able to download content that's not on the disc (like Guardians of Galaxy Ep2-5). Is that true?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fbdbh said:


I've heard people not being able to download content that's not on the disc (like Guardians of Galaxy Ep2-5). Is that true?

I've bought GOG digital yesterday and every episode downloads just fine, I have to download the fifth and last episode today when I get home. Don't know if these are the same downloads from the physical edition but I don't see why they shouldn't be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hopped on eBay and picked up both seasons of Minecraft.  They should arrive in time for me to download the episodes before they're gone forever later this month.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it very surprising that Tales From the Borderlands is delisted. Not only is it (in my opinion) the best Tell tale game ever made, but it's half owned by Gearbox, wouldn't they be able to keep it on the store? Especially since a lot of characters in Tales From The Borderlands appear in Borderlands 3.

 

That genuinely makes no sense.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fbdbh said:


I've heard people not being able to download content that's not on the disc (like Guardians of Galaxy Ep2-5). Is that true?

 

I just tested downloading Minecraft S1 from my disc and bought the adventure pass for the DLC. Can only access it from the disc though, nothing on the store. I know someone else on the forum had a problem where they bought the adventure pass a while ago and the download buttons are greyed out, so not sure what’s happening there. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I find it very surprising that Tales From the Borderlands is delisted. Not only is it (in my opinion) the best Tell tale game ever made, but it's half owned by Gearbox, wouldn't they be able to keep it on the store? Especially since a lot of characters in Tales From The Borderlands appear in Borderlands 3.

 

That genuinely makes no sense.

They are trying to buy the rights to get it relisted from what I heard. I also don't think it's half-owned, I think it's just a trademark license Gearbox game to Telltale. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Ho comprato GOG digital ieri e ogni episodio viene scaricato bene, devo scaricare il quinto e ultimo episodio oggi quando torno a casa. Non so se si tratta degli stessi download dell'edizione fisica, ma non vedo perché non dovrebbero esserlo.

I can't find it on PS Store EU GOG .... is it only on NA?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KekkoPazzini said:
I can't find it on PS Store EU GOG .... is it only on NA?

No, I'm from Italy, so EU PSN, I've finished downloading the fifth episode yesterday evening. Have you looked for the game on smarphone or PC? I've bough it via the PC browser and launched the download from there.

 

PS. Ho visto solo ora che sei anche tu italiano.

Edited by Brightblade76
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 3:11 AM, Kittet3 said:

The only pro tip here is that, if you want to play a game, then buy the game and not wait 8 years and then be surprised when it's gone.

Well to be honest I never really considered the two linked: Telltale’s demise and (digital) game availability. My bad maybe. It makes sense that you won’t be able to buy a physical product in stores anymore when the company that made them goes under. But digital products? I admit that the thought crossed my mind “who gets my money if I buy a Telltale game now” but I always assumed Sony hosts the downloads on PSN and no changes there, so I never considered the scenario we are in now.

 

Just to be on the safe side I have downloaded all Telltale games I ‘own’ to my PS4. I have played all of them and have no intention of replaying them but that could change. Better safe than sorry. I only missed out on Minecraft but I can live with that. Contemplating Guardians of the Galaxy still. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 10:34 PM, fbdbh said:

Not even just delisted, but straight up yanked from your account:

 

https://kotaku.com/in-a-few-weeks-minecraft-story-mode-will-be-impossibl-1835210462

 

Man and I thought regular delisting was bad enough. Konami removing the P.T demo was bad enough but hey, at least that was free.

 

Taking it off your download list, is that even legal? I knew when things like Outrun, Turtles etc get delisted, you can always download them on your bought list. You paid money so I think it should be against the law to have the game delisted off your purchase list.

 

That's no different to a thief breaking into your house and stealing the physical copy, except the law allowed the act to take place...

 

 

Edited by enaysoft
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked the PS3 version and you can still buy the final three episodes on the season pass disc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

But companies buy up assets in bankruptcy sales all the time. Imagine if Sony or Microsoft bought all the rights to these games for a fraction of the price and maybe not make new games (although they could) but continue selling the games on their stores.

 

The Walking Dead and Tales From the Borderlands are the most popular TellTale Games. 

 

Shame that we didn’t get a Season 2 of both Tales and The Wolf Among Us. Enjoyed both games and would of liked to see them continue.

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 (Japanese version)

 

It contains all 5 episodes. No download is required.

 

I guess it is because the Japanese version is released long after the NA version.

 

No worries. It contains English.

 

This might be a backup plan for those who cannot get the NA version in time.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice guide on availability of TT games. Maybe you could add those on PS Now to the list for extra clarification because it seems confusing to tell whether any of TT games on it are complete or not, for those who want to go PS Now route.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bold Prediction

The only stuff that will become unavailable forever are 'Language audio packages' because these are downloaded from Telltale Servers and not from PS Store.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now