Watch Dogs Legion

Denvirus

https://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-legion-leaks-will-let-you-play-as-any-npc-1835218378

Amazon UK has started selling pre-orders for a game called Watch Dogs Legion. In the description, it says all NPCs will have full voice acting and animations, and you can play as anyone.

Also note that this is the "leaked" sub-title of the new Assassin's Creed.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Sounds really interesting. A bit unsure about how good the story’s gonna be if we can play as anyone though, seems quite ambitious for Ubisoft.

It's no different than the games where you can create your own custom character, I know it doesn't sound similar, but it kind of is. NPCs are still custom characters, just procedurally generated. It would still need some extra work from a development standpoint, but I doubt it affects the flow of the story.

Edited by fbdbh

Game Plot isn't mentioned directly on Kotaku's website:

Watch_Dogs Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London. It's a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London's fortunes. London is one of the most iconic cities in the world and has had a massive influence on all of Western Culture for centuries… London makes total sense for WD, as the city has one of the highest surveillance levels in the world making this the perfect playground.

Huge WD fan and really looking forward to seeing it on E3! ??

Sounds good, I'll be really happy if it will play in London! It's about time we get a GTA style game that plays in an European city.

However, i dont really understand the need to be able to play as any NPC. Instead they should copy GTA V and make 3 main characters with their own story and the option to switch between them.

If they are gonna set it In the UK, atleast set it in somewhere like Liverpool, or Manchester. That would be perfect. 

London has been done to death regarding game settings imo. There's more to the UK than London 

Edited by MX-5uk

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

The first trailer made me cringe a little, especially when they semi-quoted that "First they came for ..." thing unironically.

But I enjoyed that little John Wick parody part. :)

Yea, first one was kinda shit. Second one I liked.

I tried the first game but it was boring, did all the MP on PS3 so I'll come back to it soon for the plat. The showcase for this was good though so I'll probably get it and the second one at some point 

While I'm still on board to play this eventually, the gameplay for it actually zapped a lot of the excitement I had for it. It's just a little TOO off into left field for me, and not really what I was expecting. 

• 2 months later...