What are the games that you always end up replaying?

Carol

There are some games, that I love so much, that I can’t stay away from them for long. So, sometimes, I really feel the need to stop my trophy hunting activity for a bit and to go back to these games that are so special to me.

Does this happen to you too? Do you like replaying your favorite games from time to time or do you prefer to keep trophy hunting and to just keep the memories of the games that touched your heart the most? If you like replaying, what are the games that deserve this honor?

In my case, I always end up returning to these games:

- The Last of Us

- All the Uncharted games

- Tomb Raider (2013)

• Like 2

I have some I believe I could go back and play again. Doubt I will because of my backlog. They are the following.

Uncharted 1-3 (was happy when they remastered them)

Infamous series (Still hoping for a remaster of the 3 PS3 games)

Killzone 2

Sly cooper 1-3 (same as Infamous)

• Like 1

Oh boy, I do have some :P

Advance Wars 2 on GBA: (Let's hope Wargroove is as good!)

Crash Team Racing on PS1;

Theme Park World on PS1;

Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour on PC;

Rogue Legacy on PS4/Vita

Rocket League on PS4 

• Like 1

Bioshock series on PC not only to replay and enjoy the series but also `noclip so I can explore literally every inch its relaxing
Call of duty Black ops 1-4 for the zombies
HOMM3, PC I almost run at least 2-3 Skirmishes a month for the last like 15 years

On ps4, Bloodborne and the Dark Souls games. But the series I replayed the most across many consoles is Mega Man, especially the X series. I used to challenge myself in Mega Man X by beating all 8 mavericks with no upgrades, except Chill Penguin, which used to be the last boss I'd kill because of the unskipable dash upgrade. So many memories! Next time I'm replaying Mega Man on ps4 xD.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

Every year I replay these at least once,

Uncharted 1- 4 (usually in the summer)

Metro 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux (usually around Halloween)

Sometimes I'll go back to games from these series for fun. 

Kingdom Hearts (usually just 1 and 2)

Assassin's Creed (my brother will usually binge the Ezio games and I'll play Black Flag)

Games I may go back to at some point because they were that good but are bigger time sinks than the games already mentioned.

Dragon Age Inquisition 

Rogue Galaxy (don't worry Kisala in every fans heart we've gone and rescued you. T_T )

These are replay games I don't do much anymore for various reasons, but these are my most replayed games/series.

Guitar Hero III

Monster Rancher

DDR (various titles)

Dynasty Warriors series 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 3

Astro Bot I play every so often despite getting the plat, astro bot is the exception, given as it's so exceptional but, generally, once I've finished a game as far as I want to I sell it / give it away and move on. Can never understand those who decide to play an old game repeatedly instead of experiencing a new one.

I wish I could go back and replay some games, but my backlog is so unbearably huge I'm struggling to keep up with the new stuff :P

(I say unbearably huge, but some of you, namely those with Steam accounts and PS+, would laugh if I told you exactly just how many games I have yet to play. Then again, I do take my time with each game, playing them to 100% completion, so...)

• Like 1

FFXV Comrades. It's not perfect but I just love the world, the music and most of the missions are pretty cool even after several plays. Love my gear and Warp Striking the heck out of everything is a blast when you're having a tough day. Happy to see people are still online playing so don't always have to play with AI. 

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni
forgot to say...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carol said:

There are some games, that I love so much, that I can’t stay away from them for long. So, sometimes, I really feel the need to stop my trophy hunting activity for a bit and to go back to these games that are so special to me.

Does this happen to you too? Do you like replaying your favorite games from time to time or do you prefer to keep trophy hunting and to just keep the memories of the games that touched your heart the most? If you like replaying, what are the games that deserve this honor?

In my case, I always end up returning to these games:

- The Last of Us

- All the Uncharted games

- Tomb Raider (2013)

I've been itching to replay Spider-Man + DLCs, as well as Titanfall 2 campaign. Might go back to Uncharted 1 for the speedrun trophies. 

• Like 1

I seem to always return to the different Fifa's... they are quite addictive, even if they are sometimes rage inducing.

1 hour ago, Condemned09 said:

Skyrim

For Honor

Star Wars Battlefront 2 

How is the SW battlefront 2 platinum? Is it a challenge?

Oh, that's my topic. :D
I'm obsessed with Fallout and Skyrim. I've platted Fallout 3 21 times, Fallout 4 9 times, and Skyrim 7 times. Borderlands 11 times, Borderlands 2 only five times (due to this annoying trophy) and The Pre-Sequel four times. Fallout New Vegas, well... I've done this only two times because that game is a technical train wreck on PS3. Oh, and I've 100%ed the horrible .detuned over 100 times. I'm dominating the fastest achievers list with 30 entries. My fastest one being at number four.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 1

God of War (PS3): I’ve played this game about 7 times now. The game is a phenomenal hack and slash title, and the Greek mythology setting is tied in really well. Further titles improve upon combat (not looking at you, Chains of Olympus ?), but I always find myself going back to the original.

• Payday 2: Crimewave Edition: I’m actually playing this one right now :lol: I find myself coming back to Payday 2 every summer because I think it’s one of the best co-op titles available. When it started, it was more about just robbing banks and such with friends, but it has grown and evolved to fully fledged skill trees and customizable masks / guns, with so many choices that no 2 builds are the same. There is so much content in 2019 in heists alone; there’s at least 50 different jobs, and the replay value is huge. The platinum is super satisfying to get, and the 100% is an even more incredible feat. I’ve loved the Payday series and I’ll continue to support it.

• Like 3

I’ve replayed Sleeping Dogs between PC and PS4 about 5 times now

not really sure why I just love the game

ive replayed KH 1 and 2 more times than I can count. Someday I’ll actually plat them on both PS3 and 4 but I played them so much on PS2

now that I’m an adult I don’t replay stuff as much, more just play stuff and move on to the next thing, I do plan on revisiting stuff that I’m missing trophies on at some point

• Like 1