Todd Howard wants $99.99 a year from you

DEI2EK

On 10/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, darkamdusias said:

Todd Howard is dangerously out of touch with reality, it seems. Outside of a small group of hardcore fans, people really don't like this game.

was kind of thinking it's the other way around. gamers want everything for free or kept to bare minimum prices and love to exploit any reason to bitch about anything above base game price. especially items that HELLOOOOO "YOU DONT HAVE TO PURCHASE"

3 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

was kind of thinking it's the other way around. gamers want everything for free or kept to bare minimum prices and love to exploit any reason to bitch about anything above base game price. especially items that HELLOOOOO "YOU DONT HAVE TO PURCHASE"

Here's the thing though: Bethesda has done a piss-poor job of actually making a playable game in the first place. It would be one thing if Fallout 76 started out as a glitchy F2P game, and introduced paid DLC later - this wasn't the case though. The developers delivered a broken game at full price and the people it most needed to impress served as its beta testers for months.

From my experience most gamers (there are always going to be complainers) are happy to pay for additional content to functional, well-designed games - for example, only a minority of people actually complained about how much the Witcher 3's or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Season Passes cost because those games were so good that people were happy to pay for more.

• Like 2

I even lost count of how many scandals this trashfire gathered, and some of them was stuff so surreal  like the poisonous costumes thingy, the trash rum, those bags they gave to influencers and not   those who pre-ordered, recycling private servers  that people bought in the first place, losing  stuff if you buy this vip pass, guns suddenly not working, early rendering of enemies appearing, bugs from Fallout 4, showing they just copypasted  the game and added online. It's been a year, what pushes a man to continue doing this? I'm not talking about the lunatics still playing the game, though that's a good question, I'm talking about why Bethesda didn't just drop the fucking game like Anthem, instead of embarassing themselves, what the fuck is wrong with you guys? Are you new guys hired at Bethesda who happen to hate the company and want it burned to the ground? Stop already, let this game die.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

There's a subset of hardcore fans that'll keep fighting hard to keep almost any company in business despite terrible practices. It's why we're still getting fresh 2K games every year. 1f644.png

You are right but I can't imagine there would be that many hardcore Bethesda fans left.

Obviously people have paid for Fallout 1st because we're hearing about all the problems that come with this "premium" subscription. 

Edited by reiner-