Trophy thoughts?

My 40th platinum will be dedicated to my favorite movie. ? Just wish TLK had more than 3 trophies, but at least the platinum image is, so for that I'm happy! And I'm more happy knowing that the cheats and other game features won't affect the platinum. <3

30 minutes ago, SaintHarri said:

I actually got a super early copy of this last week. The Platinum is extremely easy because all of the old cheat codes can still be used (the cheats range from level skips, level select, and invincibility), and rewinds and save states work also. I got the Platinum in three hours with minimal effort, and you could totally do it faster if you went in going only for trophies.

Do you know if the difficulty trophies stack?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lady_Galleth said:

My 40th platinum will be dedicated to my favorite movie. ? Just wish TLK had more than 3 trophies, but at least the platinum image is, so for that I'm happy! And I'm more happy knowing that the cheats and other game features won't affect the platinum. <3

Do you know if the difficulty trophies stack?

They don’t stack, but you can level skip to the end of both games on each difficulty. You  don’t even have to play Aladdin; just type in the level skip code when you pause, do this on every level, and the credits will roll when you do it on the final level. You’ll get your trophy after that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SaintHarri said:

They don’t stack, but you can level skip to the end of both games on each difficulty. You  don’t even have to play Aladdin; just type in the level skip code when you pause, do this on every level, and the credits will roll when you do it on the final level. You’ll get your trophy after that.

Hm. Seems easy enough. Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

I would take separate small scale lists before a combined platinum trophy list. Unless the games are extremely short, they should have their own lists.

I think they are relatively short by today's standards. And they COULD have gotten "beat ___ boss" for TLK like they did Aladdin but .... *sips tea*

4 minutes ago, Lady_Galleth said:

Hm. Seems easy enough. Thank you. 

I think they are relatively short by today's standards. And they COULD have gotten "beat ___ boss" for TLK like they did Aladdin but .... *sips tea*

I know that they're short by today's standards, but SNES/Genesis games still have enough content to have their own small scale lists (if not a platinum trophy). They don't need to be combined into one list.

6 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

I know that they're short by today's standards, but SNES/Genesis games still have enough content to have their own small scale lists (if not a platinum trophy). They don't need to be combined into one list.

I know what you mean. I was hoping for two, but not surprised there's only one. If they treated TLK like they did Aladdin, they could have two lists, or at least more trophies. 

1 minute ago, fbdbh said:

It's a mess

Certainly unbalanced!

39 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

the price point will depend on wether i buy it or not

I saw it on the switch for $30 and same on the Xbox at Target. That's my guess. It could be less since those are physical edition, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If cheats and level select work like someone stated, this is a 3/10 tops. Levels are hard, but if you can skip through most of this and save/rewind whenever, it's simple trial and error.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Two of my childhood games right here, I never did them beat them. Why did The Lion King only get three trophy's? They could have done so much more with this list, especially since all versions of each game are included. Well I'll still be buying it, I wanna finally beat Aladdin. 

• Like 1

Not as if I don't have it otherwise available, but was it really that hard to secure the rights to SNES Aladdin? Because that's kind of like opening a Da Vinci museum and not bothering with the Mona Lisa. "Ech, can't do dat."

Oh well, anyways. I still have the occasional technicolour nightmare about the monkey swinging/ostrich riding level from The Lion King that I could never get past as a kid. I've done it legit since, but cheesing my way through it with emulation features--and getting a trophy for my trouble--may ironically result in an even bigger sense of catharsis. Nothing like sticking it to a bunch of zeroes and ones.

Always nice to have a Disney game of some description on hand for the holidays. I just can't wait to get that platinum...

• Like 1

Will wait for a price drop as it's $45 where I am. Sorry Simba, you're gonna have to wait

Edited by Ghost

Such a conflicting feeling, the fact that I'm going to have to deal with notoriously difficult games having (soon-to-be) common rarity platinums. I sure love cheat codes and developer modes not disabling trophies. ?

It's weird that TLK got the shorthand of the stick, trophy-count wise, but whatever. Smol rant over, can't wait to play these childhood games again. ?

6 hours ago, SaintHarri said:

18 minutes ago, SomeGuyNamedKai said:

Platinum is easily obtainable. 

Just barely beat Saint to the Platinum!

To the people who got an advanced copy, does it matter which version of the game I play to get the trophies?