Trophy thoughts?

11 hours ago, SaintHarri said:

I actually got a super early copy of this last week. The Platinum is extremely easy because all of the old cheat codes can still be used (the cheats range from level skips, level select, and invincibility), and rewinds and save states work also. I got the Platinum in three hours with minimal effort, and you could totally do it faster if you went in going only for trophies.

*sigh* oh well. 20 minute platinum incoming.

3 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I don't think the games are long enough to warrant that, at least The Lion King isn't.

Ever since Ratalaika games as well as stuff like Little Adventure on the Prairie and My Name is Mayo became regular on the PS Store anything that gets a disc release should get a platinum.

I'm sure this has been said a few times but just adding my thought's.

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, remember playing both of these on one of my old Sega consoles, probably Mega Drive and can't wait to give my kids a game more challenging than Paw Patrol!

Back to the trophy list, The Lion King is a bit disappointing, would like to see more for completing levels rather than just the game on different difficulties which are probably stackable anyway. Would also just like to see more trophies for the whole game in general. I'm sure' there's collectibles, finishing levels in one try and speed runs.

Thoroughly disappointed with the trophy list if I'm honest.. Feels like a blatant cash-in.

I'd have much preferred two separate 100% lists with a bit of imagination rather than a platinum that can be gotten inside 3 hours, with an unbalanced and thoughtless list.

I mean, The Lion King could have at least had trophies for a no death run of the second level, and a no hit run of the stampede level.. ?

• Like 1

Hm, I'm kinda sad it will be a over 90% Plat, because of cheats working for trophies. But on the other hand, i will try to Plat it without cheats for my self , so i dont really care how others play it. I remember these two games were very hard to beat , so its just a missed opportunity for UR Plat. (or atleast very rare)

1 hour ago, JamesModel said:

The reason why there's more Aladdin focused trophies is because that game was AMAZING on the SNES. The Lion King was shit. 

giphy.gif

Edit to stay on topic: The platinum trophy won't take long because of the cheat codes, I'm wondering why the developers decided that the cheats don't disable trophies like in most other games. I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Edited by anotherfangirl
  • Like 4

Got the platinum earlier today and I can tell you guys this:

1) Cheat codes work in-game. Obviously, you have to play a lot of Aladdin and a little bit of TLK. Yet the codes still work on them. I would suggest playing the Console S (Sega Genesis) version of TLK because I had trouble entering codes on the Console N (SNES version).

2) Use Level Skip for Aladdin and NOT the cheat mode because if you go to a level and then decide to level skip, you will be sent back to The Desert instead of the next stage that the game is supposed to bring you to. The only time you would want to use the cheat mode is to do the Abu levels.

3) The final cut version of Aladdin is fine, but the Demo version ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! The hit detection is godawful and you can't level skip. Because it's an early build, nothing is balanced right and the enemies take a LOT of hits to kill them. I found that apples and ducking attack works better in this mode rather than fighting them head on. You WILL die a few times if you're not using rewind. 

4) No, the SNES version of Aladdin isn't on this collection. That was Capcom and these were by Westwood/Virgin.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, conkervertex said:

Got the platinum earlier today and I can tell you guys this:

1) Cheat codes work in-game. Obviously, you have to play a lot of Aladdin and a little bit of TLK. Yet the codes still work on them. I would suggest playing the Console S (Sega Genesis) version of TLK because I had trouble entering codes on the Console N (SNES version).

2) Use Level Skip for Aladdin and NOT the cheat mode because if you go to a level and then decide to level skip, you will be sent back to The Desert instead of the next stage that the game is supposed to bring you to. The only time you would want to use the cheat mode is to do the Abu levels.

3) The final cut version of Aladdin is fine, but the Demo version ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! The hit detection is godawful and you can't level skip. Because it's an early build, nothing is balanced right and the enemies take a LOT of hits to kill them. I found that apples and ducking attack works better in this mode rather than fighting them head on. You WILL die a few times if you're not using rewind. 

4) No, the SNES version of Aladdin isn't on this collection. That was Capcom and these were by Westwood/Virgin.

Hope this helps.

May you clarify how to do the cheats for Lion King? My inputs go through on the S version, and it allows me to see the level select, but when I start the game, it starts on Level 1.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:17 AM, willmill97 said:

Games with less than 30 trophies should not be allowed platinums. 

Disagree 

Only AAA games would have plats then. 

The one thing that annoys me is you have devs like Rata polluting the store with thirty minute plats. For every decent game like I Am The Hero or I and Me you have some garbage you can plat in thirty minutes each with five stacks. 

I average 20 plats a year if that. Someone else could get that in a month with Rata games. 

1 hour ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Disagree 

Only AAA games would have plats then. 

The one thing that annoys me is you have devs like Rata polluting the store with thirty minute plats. For every decent game like I Am The Hero or I and Me you have some garbage you can plat in thirty minutes each with five stacks. 

I average 20 plats a year if that. Someone else could get that in a month with Rata games. 

The problem with having platinums for games with less than 30 trophies as they are usually bombarded with gold trophies for things that definitely don't warrant a gold.

But yes Rata games are the plague. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

The problem with having platinums for games with less than 30 trophies as they are usually bombarded with gold trophies for things that definitely don't warrant a gold.

But yes Rata games are the plague. 

I definitely have to agree with this. 

I’m getting tired of these games from the 1980s and 1990s getting a half assed trophy list for a remastered collection. 

Aladdin gets the vast majority of trophies on the list while The Lion King is stuck with three. This is clearly evident that no rhyme or reason was put into this trophy list, and it shows an overall lack of care. 

This is worse than Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection, which had an extremely basic list but at least it had an equal number of trophies for every arcade game in the Konami collection. This collection on the other hand is crap. 

Anyone looking for a good example of old games getting proper trophy lists should look at Mega Man X Legacy Collection Vols 1 & 2. These are games from the 1990s and early - mid 2000s that got proper trophy lists. An equal number of trophies was assigned to each game, and as a bonus you get a gold trophy for beating all four games in the collection. Much more fitting. 

Half of the gold trophies in this Disney Collection don’t deserve to be gold. But unfortunately this generation has no standard. 

Well, the images are really nice. Wish they didn't have the borders. And I would've preferred separate trophy lists, with maybe 30 miscellaneous trophies per game. The ones we got seem mostly uninspired.

These were games I rented often as a kid, but could never beat. I've never even seen the third level of TLK. ?

• 1 month later...

This game is a piece of junk. I had feared this when they brought over only the old genesis versions, but God - these things are almost unplayable now. It’s awful watching Simba just fall through platforms that he should have (at least) grabbed onto. I still don’t understand the Scar fight.

Thank God for the cheat codes. Even with them, I’m having trouble.