PS+ February 2020

Ghost

Actually a good month for me. Many people probably have Bioshock collection already since it is often dirt cheap, but I was never interested enough in Bioshock to pick it up so this is a good opportunity to grab it. Sims 4 is something I was somewhat interested in since I played Sims 1 way back and never any other game like this since, but I never bought Sims 4 because I pretty much refuse to buy EA games especially if they killed the studio originally responsible for the series in question. Yes sims 4 is often cheap as well, also chock full with overpriced low value dlc, but there are no trophies attached to the dlcs so no reason to consider buying them until they have something you REALLY want. I don't count the extra game because I do not have VR and will probably never get it given how neglected it is. Still one of the better months.

• Like 1

Reduce the number of games from four to two, and then add an extra game every now and then as a "bonus" to score some goodwill with your customers. Well played Sony. Still, not a bad month. Sadly I already own the Bioshock Collection but they're great games.

• Like 2

Glad to see Bioshock. Sims 4 was rather meh. I don't even think i hit 10 hours in it and bought it day one, just didn't feel as attachable as the old Sims. 

Cool to see a new VR game finally on Plus. I don't buy VR games anymore and was counting on PS+ to eventually start getting them, and then they stopped giving them. Good to see them back for once.

20 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

What’s the chronological order in terms of the story progression? Is Infinite a sequel to 2, a prequel, side story?

Infinite is a sequel to the first, and lets leave it at that, the events laps between both games, akin to that of RE2 & RE3.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hsn963 said:

Infinite is a sequel to the first, and lets leave it at that, the events laps between both games, akin to that of RE2 & RE3.

It might be accurate to say that 2 isn't even canon since it wasn't done by Ken Levine and it's completely ignored by Infinite

Edited by majob

49 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Didn't they shut the servers down for BioShock 2's MP, which would make some of the DLC trophies unobtainable?

Multiplayer isn't included in the PS4 version, and subsequently the trophy list isn't either. Only the Protector Trials and the story expansion "Minerva's Den" are included.

19 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I've considered buying the bioshock collection a couple of times, but was always put off by reports of the trophies being incredibly glitchy. Can anyone comment?

I let my sub lapse and got PS Now instead, which I'm very happy with. Hopefully they start adding VR games to that too.

I haven't played 2 but I had no problems with the first game or infinite

4 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I'm going to come out and say it, Bioshock 2 is the best of the 3.

2 > 1 >>>>>> Infinite

I agree with your rankings, but I could be influenced that 1 was better than 2. I really enjoyed the multiplayer from 2 in the PS3 days which I know wasn't a popular opinion...

Still I'm glad to see this collection up for grabs next month! Too bad I just purchased Sims 4 this month or this would be a GREAT month for me