PS+ May 2020 - Farming Simulator '19 and Cities Skylines

HusKy

Surprised more people don't already have Dying Light.  I just kind of assumed that game sold gangbusters given the way Techland has supported it over the years.  Don't care for Dark Souls (though I do already have it as well lol) but Dying Light is awesome.  Been playing it a bit recently just for random coop sessions with my brother and forgot what a great game it is.  Has me itching for Dying Light 2 now.

Hopefully the rumor is true. ?

I don't think any of the red flags people are calling out really matter... the background stuff on the image is something they have done before:

And they have also released games that are not available in some regions before, those regions simply get a different free game. In January of this year they released 'Goat Simulator'. The countries of Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qata, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and UAE received 'Frantics' in lieu of 'Goat Simulator'.

Still could definitely be fake, but I think it has a chance. Not that I care that much really, I already have both games.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

I don't think any of the red flags people are calling out really matter... the background stuff on the image is something they have done before:

And they have also released games that are not available in some regions before, those regions simply get a different free game. In January of this year they released 'Goat Simulator'. The countries of Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qata, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and UAE received 'Frantics' in lieu of 'Goat Simulator'.

Still could definitely be fake, but I think it has a chance. Not that I care that much really, I already have both games.

They have never put the * saying the games are only available for PS Plus users. Why would they put the * when it says with big letters "Free PS Plus Games" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

I believe your intention was not to make a direct correlation between AAA games and game quality (correct me if I'm mistaken, of course), but I wanted to use the statement as a soapbox to bemoan the lack of quality indie games PS+ offers.  I miss the games with smaller sales numbers:  the Apotheons, the Burly Men at Seas, the Hues.  Sure, lots of people would appreciate Dark Souls as a freebie, but a seemingly forgotten facet of PS+ is one of introduction.  I want Battle Princess Madeline or Graveyard Keeper - something that may get me interested in a new developer.  Maybe AAA one month, and indie the next?  I'd like that.

The line you omitted in my quote, right before the first line, is the one that correlates to the AAA subject.

Generally speaking, I agree with the lack of quality indies lately . . . and I love indies. I consider them an essential part of the gaming experience . . .

13 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Not really, I miss the Indies, I don't like dark and bloody Games like Dark Souls, Nioh and Dying Light. And the good Games I do already own (Sonic Forces, Uncharted 4) My Highlight was RiME, one of the most emotional experience in my life.

That game is incredible. Underrated gem.

13 hours ago, Montyzu said:

I was literaly about to buy dying light. Gonna wait now.

It ended up being too complex explaining why in-depth, but the better deal—so long as the enjoyment factor is present—is actually to spend money and purchase the game's Enhanced Edition, especially while it's on sale.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mori said:

I cant find it in playstation store. It doesnt matter, that I can buy a physical copy, when we are talking about PS+ games that are digital.

Furthermore, I wouldnt be able to play it online with my German account, if I had a physical copy. 

Either the rumours are true and Germany will get a different game (like it happened with Knack 2 which is currently free only in Germany) or the rumours are just rumours.

You're right that IF Dying Light will be ps+ Germany gets a replacement. But you're wrong about not playing it online with your german account. I bought the Enhanced Edition from a shop in UK and i got all trophies on my german acc which includes Polyarmory Trophy as proof (i played with 3 Germans the story together)

There are only a few online (only) games with restrictions to play but 99% of games are available.

@ Topic

I'm inclined to believe it but curious what Germany would get as replacement. In two days we'll know for sure ??

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Not really, I miss the Indies, I don't like dark and bloody Games like Dark Souls, Nioh and Dying Light. And the good Games I do already own (Sonic Forces, Uncharted 4) My Highlight was RiME, one of the most emotional experience in my life.

Completely agree about rime! Didn't even know what it was until I got it on ps+! 

7 minutes ago, talespagni said:

I hope this isn't true. I already 100%'d Dying Light (one of the best games of the PS4, IMHO), and have DS1 for the PS3.

But please someone enlighten me: why is Dying Light banned in Germany?

We don't like Zombies here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

You're right that IF Dying Light will be ps+ Germany gets a replacement. But you're wrong about not playing it online with your german account. I bought the Enhanced Edition from a shop in UK and i got all trophies on my german acc which includes Polyarmory Trophy as proof (i played with 3 Germans the story together)

There are only a few online (only) games with restrictions to play but 99% of games are available.

@ Topic

I'm inclined to believe it but curious what Germany would get as replacement. In two days we'll know for sure 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Thanks for the info, I'll edit my post then.

7 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

I believe your intention was not to make a direct correlation between AAA games and game quality (correct me if I'm mistaken, of course), but I wanted to use the statement as a soapbox to bemoan the lack of quality indie games PS+ offers.  I miss the games with smaller sales numbers:  the Apotheons, the Burly Men at Seas, the Hues.  Sure, lots of people would appreciate Dark Souls as a freebie, but a seemingly forgotten facet of PS+ is one of introduction.  I want Battle Princess Madeline or Graveyard Keeper - something that may get me interested in a new developer.  Maybe AAA one month, and indie the next?  I'd like that.

Frankly, Sony could stop being stingy as fuck, and offer 2 "big"/AAA games *AND* 2 indie games each month.

Not so long ago, the PS+ subscription was cheaper than it is now, AND we could get, each month, 6 full games (many of which were available for multiple systems, so even if you didn't own all 3 consoles - PS3, PS4, Vita - you could pretty much always get more than 2 games each month). Now we're down to 2 games and it feels like they're very often remasters of older games.

• Like 1

Dying Light The Enhanced Edition is part of the Playstation Hits lineup in the US so it's possible it could include The Following and all DLC but from the looks of the thumbnail, it looks to be the standard edition. Hopefully the former edition though to celebrate the upcoming Dying Light 2! They're still support the first game and all. Participated in a lot of events on PC recently.

I've always wondered why the US got the Playstation Hits version whereas the EU didn't. Currently in the EU, it's on sale from €60 to €20 and the US: $20 to $14. Some price difference there!

Fantastic lineup though if this is the case!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurty9 said:

Frankly, Sony could stop being stingy as fuck, and offer 2 "big"/AAA games *AND* 2 indie games each month.

Part of me thinks Sony is being more strategic than stingy.  I don't know the behind-the-scenes of PS+, such as how decisions are made or what's profitable for Sony and what isn't, but in terms of offering PS exclusives alongside other games with available-to-purchase/required-to-100% DLC as freebies, it feels like an effort to get as much money out of the consumer as possible.  Maybe before overhauling the PS+ program for the PS5, and pushing PSNow (as it is or in an altered state) or something similar in a more mandatory way, meaning limited time to play games but perhaps offering more of them.  I know nothing for certain, of course, but something doesn't sit well with me as far as what games we're getting this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, replete_disguise said:

It keeps surprising me how people pay money so they get to rent random games which they don't even want

you have platinum at games that had multiplayer trophies in your second account, ergo you payed for ps+ yourself. This makes your comment quite weird... 

• Like 1

This is a good month if true IMO. I bought Dying Light last month from BestBuy for a good price but I haven't played it yet. I own the game/season pass so it being added to Plus doesn't bother me.

I never played Dark Souls Remastered and I'm interested in trying it.

Edited by Ghost

12 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

They have never put the * saying the games are only available for PS Plus users. Why would they put the * when it says with big letters "Free PS Plus Games" 

That's a good point, I didn't notice that. Like I said, could be fake. We should find out any day now hopefully.

Awful month if true, can't believe people would be happy getting old cheap games! A 5 year old and 9 year old game, no thanks. And i would be pissed getting yet another game like Souls, sick of getting them on Plus, games like that should not be on Plus, only a small percentage like that crap. Every time one of those type of games are on Plus i see maybe 1 person on my friends list play it. 

14 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

They did it last month.

Spoiler

PlayStation-Plus-PS-Plus-March-2020-free

However, the person who shared the picture for May Playstation Plus said he got it from his friend and doesn't know here he got it from.

Edited by Ghost