On 22/08/2020 at 6:42 PM, IKillYouDude9 said:

What a wonderful topic. 

Please create following topics:

Is this game good? 

Is this game hard? 

How long is this game? 

And any other triggering topics.

Gracias! 

What do topics stand for then? If you got nothing better to say then don’t say anything at all. -_-

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hands down the dullest creed yet (bar Chronicles, but you can't really count that). Was expecting something of a Greek mythology game, but this is just monotonous. Keeping going throughout for the platinum deserves a second platinum! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the game is a solid 7.5/10. I think it can be boring if you try and 100% everything, however if you play just for fun I think this game would be a great experience, 

this is my take on it after 150 hours and doing everything i can.

Edited by Rorro_Lux

For the record, I was worried about Odyssey going in as had heard a lot of complaints about it and I was coming directly off the back of Origins but I actually really loved Odyssey, all the way throughout my 85 hours with the game. Looking forward to Valhalla and hoping it gets a similar playtime out of me!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll preface this with the fact that I have only played about 30 hours and have yet to make it to Athens and I have not played Origins yet.

Before starting I told myself this is going to be a different experience unlike any previous AC. Plus, I love history especially Ancient Rome, Greece, and Egypt. 

I have found this to be similar to Dragon Age Inquisition though the map might be bigger. DA:I will most likely have the better story but I like Odyssey's so far. Exploring Ancient Greece is awesome but like Inquisition there is lot of map to explore with something truly interesting only occasionally and sometimes I just want to get to the next sync viewpoint and get out of Dodge so to speak. Then I find a side quest that I really enjoy. I have had a couple that really stood out while island hopping. The Dagger questline was good, as was the love potion one (highly recommend calling the guards at the end it was hilarious), and then there was quest to help a little girl named Khloe, get joo-lry for her friends- that one broke my heart.

So far there is a lot of nonmemorable tracking down "?" on the map but quests like the above have made it worthwhile so far.

Edited by da-Noob123
Added more

I had a blast playing the main campaign; collecting the trophies for the base game and thus, earning the plat.  All went downhill once I started playing the DLCs, that's when I had felt exhausted and got bored with the game and wanted to 100% it ASAP.

Edited by milanbarca82

On 10/27/2020 at 2:06 AM, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

• The mercenaries. This is probably my biggest gripe with the game and while not boredom related as such, it certainly has added lots of time to my run in having to redo forts over and over. The mercenaries system is borderline game breaking. You go to fort because you need to get something from a chest for the 400th time, and in doing so, you kill the guards and congratulations, you have a bounty. You'll be fighting the fort leader and suddenly a mercenary just happens to know exactly where you are and comes running in. Then as you fight him, another mercenary joins the fight, and he has a lion. So now you're fighting a leader, a bunch of soldiers, two mercenaries and a lion, and then BRAAAAAMMMM the horn blows to announce that a third mercenary has shown up like it's that scene in John Wick 2 when all the assassin's phones start dinging at the same time. And they're all 16 levels above you. You die, and you have the start the entire fort all over again. It is just the worst. Sure, you can sneak around an go the silent approach, but a) sometimes you get sprung, B) slow and silent takes so much more time and after dozens and dozens of these fetch quest forts you just want it over with. It's just so weird for a game to punish you for engaging in its core mechanic.
  •  

Why not pay off the bounty, you can do it any time. I found it easier to get those pesky mercs off my back as early as possible.

Back to the topic. I have played my fair share the AC games and I have absolutely no expectation from this game besides normal AC stuff. And I would say Odyssey is on par with others, no more no less. it has beautiful scenes and adequate stealth system and that's all i ask.

Boring? maybe, you do some quest, collect some equipment, help a bunch of people, kill some more, reveal the map, check the question mark for trash. It is AC game in a nutshell for you.

• Like 1

On 27.10.2020 at 7:06 AM, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

I bounce in and out of this game constantly. Maybe it's just being in quarantine makes the open world feel more appealing, but I think I've stopped and started this game about six times now.

Each time it's the same:

• I'll get bored with the mission structure. It's always the same: go fetch something from a fort, return it to the quest giver, multiple quests available, more things/people to be fetched from forts. And there are seemingly never ending missions.
  • Just get bored with the overall game design. It's just box ticking. Go fetch this, go kill that. You're just an errand boy running around like some ancient Greek FedEx guy. Seriously, it should be called Assassin's Creed Odds'n'ends. Just a massive pile of random delivery lists.
  • The mercenaries. This is probably my biggest gripe with the game and while not boredom related as such, it certainly has added lots of time to my run in having to redo forts over and over. The mercenaries system is borderline game breaking. You go to fort because you need to get something from a chest for the 400th time, and in doing so, you kill the guards and congratulations, you have a bounty. You'll be fighting the fort leader and suddenly a mercenary just happens to know exactly where you are and comes running in. Then as you fight him, another mercenary joins the fight, and he has a lion. So now you're fighting a leader, a bunch of soldiers, two mercenaries and a lion, and then BRAAAAAMMMM the horn blows to announce that a third mercenary has shown up like it's that scene in John Wick 2 when all the assassin's phones start dinging at the same time. And they're all 16 levels above you. You die, and you have the start the entire fort all over again. It is just the worst. Sure, you can sneak around an go the silent approach, but a) sometimes you get sprung, B) slow and silent takes so much more time and after dozens and dozens of these fetch quest forts you just want it over with. It's just so weird for a game to punish you for engaging in its core mechanic.
  • I don't care about any of the characters or story. I'm playing Kassandra and I enjoy her (mostly because I find Alexios' voice acting so bad) but I just don't care about the story, and that's because it doesn't really have much to do with anything. You're not an assassin, you're not a templar, yes the story kinda goes into the Order of the Ancients, but weirdly the actual main story doesn't really cover that ... it's all in the Cultist missions which are optional. And don't even start me on how that whole Cult thing concludes. Kassandra (and I'm guessing Alexios) just doesn't seem that personally invested in the story. Like she's just there. One second you're fighting for Sparta, next you're fighting for Athens, you just do whatever the quest giver tells you. I never felt like it was Kassandra's/Alexios' story and you're just there to fetch things for other people and weirdly romance every second person. By chapter 4 I was just hammering on the circle button to skip all dialogue and choosing a gold response to move it along. The end of the main story is just baffling, but does something a lot of recent AC games do: the real bad guy just comes out of nowhere and is just another political dude you fight in a large area.

Odyssey is a classic example of bigger is not always better. There's too many game systems at play, all cobbled together into this giant whole, and none of it actually makes the experience more interesting. It's like the created this giant map, then had to fill it with stuff. Great opening act, but it's just incredibly repetitive and boring from there.

Despite it being the biggest AC game by a mile, it feels rushed. Especially compared to Origins which I loved. Odyssey feels like it was designed by an algorithm not people.

For the record: AC2, Black Flag, and Origins were all spectacular. Odyssey is trying too hard to be The Witcher, Shadow of Mordor, and Red Dead and not enough time trying to be an AC game.

Your post should have 1000+ thumbs up. What you just wrote down is 100% true, particularly the circle smashing habbit lol!

Edit: I forgot to mention something that REALLY made me furious! 

How can chicken be on levels 50+? Imo every chicken should be dead after a hit from any weapon, but nope... greek chicken seem to have trained with Spartans, so they are more resistent! lmfao

Edited by Jasko_SOA
  • Like 2

No, it's not, it's awesome. I put over 400 hours into it, with two full playthroughs once on normal and the other on nightmare without even doing a new game plus because it's one of the best Assassin's Creed games. We can argue back and forth about whether it's faithful to the lore of the creed but the game itself is fun as hell and making overpowered builds that kill bosses in one hit never got old haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadMardigan_88 said:

I wasn't bored with the game.  I just didn't enjoy one of the dlc.  Put in over 170 hours into it when I got 100% completion.  Played as Casandra the whole time.  Didn't like the other character at all.

Kassandra is the canon protagonist. Ubisoft put Alexios as a male skin to appease all the browflakes who would have cried about having to play as a woman, hence the the lack of care with him (including the dreadful voice acting) shows.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that I found it "boring" but I would definitely say that if you're playing it and you are finding it boring, that's not going to change.  It's not going to change things up; it's not dynamic like that.  It's a repetitive experience.  And I personally enjoyed it (although certainly not my favorite Assassin's Creed game and it really personified what I don't prefer about the direction that they're taking the series in), went for the Platinum trophy, would say I had fun, but if you're not enjoying it?  You're not going to.

16 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Kassandra is the canon protagonist. Ubisoft put Alexios as a male skin to appease all the browflakes who would have cried about having to play as a woman, hence the the lack of care with him (including the dreadful voice acting) shows.

I've heard that not too long ago about them adding him to appease others. Calling the voice acting for Alexios dreadful is being kind.  It didn't take long after hearing him that I was wondering if there would be a time in the game when I would get to kill him to shut him up. That's the first I've heard the term "browflakes."  lol

• Like 1

Odyssey is one of those games I would've liked more had I not gone for the platinum. I had a really good time for the first 40-ish hours, but the plat took another 50 on top of that. And then 25-30 more for the DLC... I was pretty burned out by then.

It's not a bad game and I liked exploring Ancient Greece, but I just feel like there wasn't enough interesting content to fill a map of that size. It's a completionist's nightmare.

Ive been playing since ac first game out. Remember playing on my 360 and loving it. I stopped playing games and stuff for a bit tho. Ac3 was the last before I played syndicate. Which I didn't really enjoy as much as the ones before. Then I played odyssey. So much fun! I thought Alexios was awesome. Fuck kassandra. Wanted to kill her from the start. Only thing I hated was the only glitch I encountered and that was the last three lost missions didn't show up. So that has bugged me cause they are easily done, but I think I would had to play to chapter 5 again. The story for sure is the least strong of the bunch. 

• 2 weeks later...