PlayStation Plus Collection announced for PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

23 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't know why you'd think that. There's no disclaimer about it being for a limited duration and if it is part of PS+ then they have no reason remove them.

RIP instant game collection, where they uh, did exactly that.

• Like 1

Ok, let's see, my main question, are those ps4, i mean, PS4 games only available to play through ps5?

Some of them has been offered already as part of ps4 igc (R&C, Detroit, infamous, etc).

It would be cool for ps4 owners, I am interested on Last Guardian, Days gone and Battlefield 1.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Only 8 of those 18 games have every been "free" on PS Plus in the US.  For the average player, it's unlikely they have played all 18 of them and there probably is at least one or two that they have interest in.  This will help bring in Xbox and PC players, and give a lot of people something to tide them over while waiting for other games to come out.  This is an exciting addition for most players.  Really is bringing a lot of the bigger hits to players and I am personally looking forward to Days Gone, FFXV, Persona 5, RE7, and The Last Guardian.  All games I wanted to play, but never got around to purchasing.

The 8 from the US PS Plus releases and when they were "free".

• Bloodborne - March, 2018
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - April, 2020
  • Ratchet & Clank - March, 2018
  • Until Dawn - July, 2017
  • Detroit: Become Human - July, 2019
  • inFamous Second Son - September, 2017
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - September, 2019
  • The Last of Us Remastered - October, 2019
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Total crap if you ask me. 

Playstation 5 is BC, so you can play all of these for free anyway. 

Oh, but what about those that skipped EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES AND THE PS4 ALTOGETHER you ask? 

Too effin bad, I say. So now those of us who are actual Sony fans (the ones most likely to buy PS5 day one) get nothing from this "new" feature. I say "new" because this is the same damn thing as the IGC which Sony did away with long ago. 

This was by far the worst part of the show for me. 

To you is crap for me and some others no ... so try to be more positive rather putting negative comments just because sony could not satisfy you on the launch day. 

I only replied to you because of the way you are trying to make understand how bad feeling you are now, but this to all 

stop it unless you are 12 years old. 

• Like 1

While I agree it a great deal for new PS5 and those that miss out this console generation. Its not worth it for those that still have the PS4 since they already got theses game.

I myself got all of them except for Persona 5, Monster Hunter Worlds, The Last Guardian, Resident evil 7 and Final Fantasy XV. The only two I'm surprised that on the list is Battlefield 1 (cause its an EA game), and Fallout 4 as that game was kind of mediocre, but then again, better than Fallout 76.

Also, a little awkward that this is the THIRD TIME The Last of Us got release, I mean it was originally for the PS3.

2 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

whats with sony trying to make people excited over all these 10-20$ games? 

i own all of them. They really just need to copy xbox game pass. 

It would also help anyone who buys digital.

Edit: Yay 900th post 

Their Gamepass is PSNow. The collection isn't an answer to Gamepass, it's just an enticment to new PS5 owners to get a plus subscription since that's the big money maker for playstation

• Like 2

I just wonder if people who are not going to buy a PS5 are going to be able to add these games to their account? We were able to do that with PS+ PS3 and Vita games through the PS Store website or through the PS App.

I hope all PS+ members can just add these games but wont have access until they buy a PS5.

Edited by LoveInHell

This is good for people switching from Xbox to ps, but annoying for me as I was hoping they would stop plus completely and improve PS Now. Maybe just have Plus as a stand-alone service, at a reduced price, with it just allowing online play (which Now should also unlock with the extra benefit of the game’s).

But it seems they are still trying to push plus and Now separately. I’ll never get them both as I don’t play online and the duplication of games makes it a waste of money.

Tgey could have just added these game’s to PS Now too with no end date, but they are continuing their lacklustre support of that service and pushing the antiquated Plus still! Infuriating!

Edited by thefourfoldroot

2 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

whats with sony trying to make people excited over all these 10-20$ games? 

i own all of them. They really just need to copy xbox game pass. 

It would also help anyone who buys digital.

Edit: Yay 900th post 

? They have copied Gamepass though, It’s called PS Now and has far more downloadable games at a lower price.

This is part of PS + (which is itself copying Xbox Live Gold) and is just basically an everlasting great month targeted at people coming from Xbox or who missed last gen completely.

Now it annoys me they didn’t add these games to PS Now and really push that service, but it’s somewhat disingenuous to compare this bonus PS+ offering to Gamepass in any way.

36 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I just wonder if people who are not going to buy a PS5 are going to be able to add these games to their account? We were able to do that with PS+ PS3 and Vita games through the PS Store website or through the PS App.

I hope all PS+ members can just add these games but wont have access until they buy a PS5.

This is a collection on plus. Meaning, as far as we know, you’ll have access whenever you have an active ps+ sub. Kind of like a shit PS Now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Oh, but what about those that skipped EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES AND THE PS4 ALTOGETHER you ask? 

Too effin bad, I say. So now those of us who are actual Sony fans (the ones most likely to buy PS5 day one) get nothing from this "new" feature. I say "new" because this is the same damn thing as the IGC which Sony did away with long ago. 

This is more than likely to bring in Xbox One players who may not have played some of these, you know 

10 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

yeah im a ps5 day one. With it being Backward comp, this means nothing to me. I figured they'd be copying xbox with new releases being avail as well day one. I hate xbox, but their gamepass is better. Ps Now is still gonna be its own entity it seems as well. Joy.... 

I get MOST of us have had ps plus for ages and have access to the old catalog of plus games, but for those new to Sony, they could have had given access to every plus game ever, as well as some new ones for us old users as well. But alas, didn't happen.

also a touch annoyed at the huge list of launch titles. Ill skip Godfall probably for a bit but Demons Souls, AC:V, Black Ops, Spiderman are all day 1 for me with console. then cyberpunk the following week.

another issue i had was announcing Horizon 2 and Spiderman as ps4 games as well. Makes me anticipate that God of War Ragnarok is also ps4. Yea i get "easing" the player base in (excuse due to covid), but cmon. 2 Games they hyped huge as next gen capabilities are obvs not fully next. 

random:, Yowza are you the same yowza ive seen on playstationlifestyle and wrestlezone? haha

4 hours ago, majob said:

Their Gamepass is PSNow. The collection isn't an answer to Gamepass, it's just an enticment to new PS5 owners to get a plus subscription since that's the big money maker for playstation

this makes sense. I rarely play the free plus games, but i do download them and always renew my year membership. Speaking of which it renewed yesterday lol

• Like 1

If you did not own a ps4 it's a great deal.

As someone who got a ps4 almost 2 years ago, there are around 6 games in that list that I would give a try, but for me it's definitely not a great incentive to make the change to ps5 faster. Would not be surprised if some of these games, ofc the ones that were not already part of ps+ on ps4, will the ps4 ps+ games in the next few months.

20 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I wonder if the titles included in the Collection that weren't given as IGC titles (i.e. GOW, RE7, TLG, P5, MHW) are no longer eligible for the traditional PS4 IGC.

My thought was exactly the opposite: this collection is probably a hint for upcoming PS4 IGC games, considering it includes some that were already given for free to PS Plus members.