Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

7 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

This game wasn't all that easy.

'Delivering pizza was never easy' had me changing fingers a few times ?

Say what you will but this 'sequel' was put together very well. Give them credit.

My 110th Platinum. Not as sweet as my 10th, but I'll take it.

For real. All that vigorous tapping had my wrist hurting more than Crypt of the Necrodancer ever could

• Like 1

On 17.11.2020 at 4:05 PM, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

At the end of day, the point of platinum trophies are like basketball cards. You grab as many as you can, and if you have an ultra rare card, then that’s good for you. No matter what you say, there’s no stopping others from hunting down easy platinums. They want to inflate their ego. They want to prove that they’re better. Rewarding platinums have now been reserved for masochists who are willing to put in hundreds or even thousands of hours into grinding a singular trophy for doing this thing 69000 times, or finish the game with this insane modifier, etc.

Then they should start playing real games because they are just proving the opposite. Personally I dont care how some random people spent their time and money but all those 95%  rarity "games" are affecting the community as a whole nowadays. Do you think Sonys " trophies must be obtainable for everyone" approach is a coincidence? Definitely not, now all sony exclusives have participation platinums. It is a shame because they were never hard to begin with, but at least they required some effort.

There was a time when 100 platinum trophies were an impressive feat, now everyone can get 250 plats in less than 200 hours. I can see why people, who are refusing to sell their gamer soul, lose motivation to hunt trophies, at least those who care about rankings. I am just really happy that I never cared about that stuff.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, TheNekosphere said:

I find it pathetic when someone has hundreds of 1-Hour plats in a row but I would never blame the game itself (unless its Little Adventure on the Prairie)

Don't hate the game, hate the player? 

Almost wanna spend the Buck to get a break from Dark Souls 3 and trigger some Elitists in the same time

Proof of a Concord Kept...

Spoiler

Edited by Guardian_owl

12 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Right?! What was your favorite part? All the people dying from Covid-19 or the downfall of the global economy?

i did say personally. Its barely affected me. My job is thriving in the mess. I had 0 threat of job loss. only difference is i have to wear a mask. We got swamped at work due to covid so i got major OT and for 4 months was working 60hr weeks minimum. Sometimes a Saturday shift.

Other than that, covid is what it is. ya it sucks people are dying but itll end whenever it ends. Vaccine or not.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 8:16 AM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

exactly. also when people buy the same game from a different region (EU,NA etc) just to flaunt their multiple trophies.1f44e.png

I find that disgraceful too.  Buy up mayo 2 if you please, which i found the 1st ridiculous but kinda funny.  But when you region it, (i dont know how, care to know, or do) i find those profiles abhorrent.  It wasn't enough to play x, i need the eu version now...  Thats when trophy hunting has gotten out of control when you need multiple gimmes of the same game.   I might try this 1 out, who knows, but to buy it again on a new region almowt feels like cheating.  To each their own.  

"Value of platinums". That's a joke right They haven't been worth anything since 2008.

Randy Pitchford of Gearbox was right on the money when he explained their trophy philosophy in Borderlands 1. There is a sales incentive to not be too difficult with the list.

My gripes with this release:

1) The fact that I had to wait several years to finally see what the amazing cliffhanger from the first release lead to

2) No Vita stack to keep me going through this whole "amusing" thread

3) No love for people like me who enjoy Hawaiian Pizza ? 

4) No Frostbite engine even though this game could use it more than FIFA

5) Not enough memes but I can forgive this one cuz this whole game, comment and thread is one ? 

As long as people are having fun it really shouldn’t matter. The game is 99p, the first game is on sale for 39p - honestly the game has become so divisive at this point I’m tempted to pick them up just so I can have a laugh to myself about them years from now.

I have platinums on my profile that have taken 200+ hours. I also have a few ratalaikas, but I enjoyed them and got them on sale so I don’t feel like I did anything wrong, and I certainly don’t think I “tainted” my profile ?

Trophy hunting is what you make of it. Don’t let someone put you down for playing a game like this. Also, don’t feel like the hard games you’ve played are being made “worthless” because of “trash games”. One day years from now all the trophy data will probably get deleted anyway, just have fun with it.

Just don’t forget to sleep and end up looking dead behind the eyes like a certain well known trophy hunter... ?

Edited by iTsEmilyXD
  • Like 4

If you see it like a competition yes, if you doit for your own and be cause you like it is not ruined at all. I'm proud of all my platinums and I don't care in what # I'm in the learderboards of this site or any cause this has been like this since always nothing new to be sad or upset about it.

There's will be always a feeling of enjoy and success when you got a plat/100% of a game or a series you really like for me there is the catch with trophies not to race against guys I probably will never see in my life and if they have more money/time and just go for trophies and not fun of course I always going to be back cause I don't go for that I go for fun.

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 2