PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

Hmm, I really wasn't expecting them to backpedal on that decision at any given point. In fact, I'm impressed they're taking action on it. Granted, this doesn't prove much in the grand scheme of things but it does increase my rep points for Sony even if it's just a little.

• Like 4

i'm likely not going to invest my remaining 200-300$ of my stimulus into getting the last ps3/vita games however i'm going to make a change and consider any vita/ps3 game with plat trophy valuable along with hunting down ps3/vita games off amazon and gamestop every month.

some of the digital titles on vita are cheaper than the physical counterpart.

edit: if anyone is curious, i spent 300$ out of 450$ (was about 150$ to go on just the essentials).

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Means nothing at all to me short of an actual consistent message change that they care about their legacy. Performative b/s like Astro's Playroom that they clearly don't mean as shown by being willing to just eradicate all PSP, PS Minis, PSone Classics, PS2 Classics and PS3 games available digitally is evidence of that lack of interest. And Jim Ryan's own foolishness at steering the ship.

Show me you actually care by doing something. Bring back sales for these games. Bring back the games on the webstore, even with that terrible fucking awful UI it has it would at least be something. Hell, go out of your way to finally fucking patch the PS3 fucking store to not be a crashing piece of shit. Revert it back to the old design that actually worked. Fix the PS Vita's store and constant errors and fix the games not appearing on it. Fix the PS TV's store too. 

Fix it all. Then I'll think you give a shit and aren't just doing a temporary save face that you'll go back on as soon as you think it's safe to do so. My patience for PlayStation evaporated. 

Agreed. You put it better than I can. 

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I love this so much - all the vitriol and bizarrely, genuine hate, for shutting the stores down and now they are actually back, the vitriol & hate is still there it's just moving in a slightly different direction.

Take the win. Have a rest. Enjoy the fact that the stores are back for more than 5 minutes, the hate train will still be there for you to jump your ass back onto soon. 

Save your breath. Some people are never going to be happy no matter what.

I can only imagine how much money they made recently....would be nice if they used it to actually fix the damn store, lol. 

I did but all the Disgea 2 DLC I needed and a few random DLC's just for fun. I honestly didn't know I still needed the Disgea stuff or i would have purchased it earlier. I imagine some people will wake up with a PSN store hangover though, lol. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

It was all a business move, nothing more. Of course, people who did rush to buy things are not in the wrong as there was no way of knowing for certain that they'd backpedal and it was quite possible that things would start to get delisted prematurely.

It's a free way for them to get a load of people on side. Announce that the stores are shutting, rake in an absolute truckload of cash, then announce they're reverting the decision. They make a fortune and they look good doing it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Also it would have been a PR disaster if they had to fire Jim Ryan to stop alienating the fanbase so this way he's stays and can be made the hero for going one step back then one step forward.

PR disaster for investors, for the fans it would the best news ever.  I still think lawsuit threat is more likely because CEO being fired can be covered up PR wise by him "stepping down" for personal reasons.  Lawsuits are public record and it would be impossible for them to get out of that without bad PR.  While the whole idea of getting profit from panic buying is possible, it's doubtful they would be that manipulative when Jim Ryan thinks no one cares about old systems.  That's why my bet is the real cause of this is a threat of legal action because that will get companies to act and swiftly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Vita developers cancelled games because of this, are games going to be "un-cancelled" now?

By the looks of things they are waiting to see if they will be allowed to continue development by Sony. If these games do get released I'm going to buy them just to say thanks to these great devs for keeping the Vita going.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

I wounder what people who spend tons of money on DLCs and games feel right now

I feel fine. I only purchased things I really wanted and it’s all stuff I want to play and not trying to trophy hunt. Anything that was available on other consoles I skipped (except Trails in the Sky SC because I just prefer console to PC gaming). I may pick up some PSP digital games I already own physically to play on my PSTV, but I’m comfortable with what I spent and it’s given me some time to play some PS3 games I’ve been putting off.

• Like 1

We got another lifeline and I am going to make use of this and prioritize the PS3 and PS Vita a lot more. Still have many games to complete that I own & a few that I haven't even started. This news brightens up my day, I'm in such a good mood. I bought a few DLC's last week and I am happy I did. 

• Like 1

I don't regret the titles I've gotten in the past month. But I'm going to cool down with purchasing because there aren't a ton more games I wanna buy on Vita anyway and because now there is no shutdown date.

It would be nice if the PSP store stayed open, but that one makes the most sense to shut down I suppose. Though it sucks for PSP Go owners.

This is probably the best course correction Sony has done in a while. Now if only they would have more legacy content on PS4 and PS5.

6 hours ago, Sydoki said:

I'm glad the stores will be up! BUT, I'm also really glad we got spooked with this news.

THIS is the push I needed to stop postponing playing PS3 and Vita games! Otherwise, I would just keep playing through the PS4 library and keep telling myself "one day...".

i have the same issue with a PS3 backlog just building up more and more but it's just put off as 'i'll get around to that eventually' and never do