Would you play more Nintendo games if they had achievements?

AnimeGamerWeeb

Apart from Mario Maker 2 I don't really play Nintendo anymore. I used to be a great Pokemon fan but looking at the latest games the franchise has really lost its edge. Achievements wouldn't change that. I have a dream however that one day I will play an official release of Pokemon Yellow on Playstation and earn its Platinum Trophy.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Apart from Mario Maker 2 I don't really play Nintendo anymore. I used to be a great Pokemon fan but looking at the latest games the franchise has really lost its edge. I have a dream however that one day I will play an official release of Pokemon Yellow on Playstation and earn its Platinum Trophy.

Temtem is a good substitute!

To be honest. Achievements are the only reason i play games these days. Just no interest in most AAA games and all these broken, unfinished, micro transaction filled copy past games just turn me off. 

Disgusts me what my childhood passion has become. Corrupted by corporate greed.

End rant.

Edited by AnimeGamerWeeb
  • Like 3

I play what I want to play on Nintendo platforms, some exclusives are just too inviting. I've even chosen the Switch option over trophy supported versions of certain games because I wanted it handheld. I'd probably have opted for the Switch version of more stuff if it wasn't for the global bastard altering the playing field.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep
I typed version a lot.

Trophies aren't quite the only reason why I prefer Playstation over Nintendo.

There's also the question of horsepower.

All games available on both Sony and Nintendo consoles fare better on Playstation. The only games I have for the Switch are the exclusives.

There's also the issue that the PS Store's sales are far more inviting.

• Like 3

I play a good amount of Nintendo games, and have for a long time. I would play more multiplats on Switch (like some indies and such) if there was an achievement system. I get virtually every multiplat on PS4 for trophies and because it's beefier hardware.

I really want Nintendo to add achievements. It made sense not to have them on Wii. But their omission was felt on Wii U. And they feel very absent on Switch. Fingers crossed Switch 2 adds them.

• Like 2

No, I'd play more Nintendo games if they were still as good as my rose tinted glasses remembers them being.

While the Switch has definitely had some great exclusives, I can't help but be disappointed by it to this day, despite all its hype. Probably doesn't help that so many games on the Switch are just Wii U ports, so I've already played a good chunk of the "exclusives" often recommended on Switch, on older hardware. And a few of its new titles don't feel much different from their previous entries (e.g. Splatoon 2 and Yoshi's Crafted World), and not in a good way. Really wish it had a new Mario Kart, 2D Mario and/or Pikmin.

I'm glad that they don't have an achievement/trophy system. I've been enjoying games on my Switch much more than on PlayStation.

I pretty much play games on PS only to collect trophies and not for enjoyment anymore for the most part.

Not worrying about trophies while playing is really relaxing~

• Like 1

To be honest no, I would love to own a Switch and just play some of thier games at my own pace, when it comes to trophies/achievements the only games I care about them are ones on my PSN account, even then sometimes I feel like I worry about trophies too much when really they are just internet points really.

1 hour ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I play a good amount of Nintendo games, and have for a long time. I would play more multiplats on Switch (like some indies and such) if there was an achievement system. I get virtually every multiplat on PS4 for trophies and because it's beefier hardware.

This is how it is for me as well. I buy almost all multiplat games on Playstation but if the Switch had an achievement system there are games I'd get there instead. Mainly ones I consider fun for handheld play like RPGs with grinding or games with lots of reading like Ace Attorney.

I just like account based achievement systems in general, I have 70k gamerscore on Xbox as well but I tend to only buy console exclusives on Xbox so that number has been fairly stagnant these past few years.

• Like 1