The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2022

Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 improvements  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Quarterly Most Wanted Bounty system remain in 2023?

• Yes, the Bounty system is ok as it is, with interchangeable games every quarter and a small list of fixed bounties
    • No, I prefer a fixed Bounty system from the start
  2. 2. How many game entries should Tiers have in 2023?

• 5 entries per tier
    • 10 entries per tier
  3. 3. In case of a Quarterly bounty system, which option do you prefer?

• 2022 version (10 new bounties each quarter)
    • Hybrid (all bounties are shown at the beginning of the event, structured on quarters. Bounties will gradually expire)

On 12/13/2021 at 11:09 PM, Arcesius said:

As @Copanele mentioned, I have been very vocal about how stupid the DLC rarities are computed here on PSNP and how it is even more stupid that the 100% rarity of a game does not follow the same computations, but we are still hosting an event on this site and thus need to use the numbers provided here. 

^This. I have a number of games with DLC that are UR with less than 5% completion for the 100% sum total of trophies, but because of the silly way DLC is computed, the UR game trophies only tally as rare: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Far Cry 6 are two examples.

Millions of people have played Far Cry 6 on PlayStation, but only 671 have earned one or both of the free Party Crasher trophies. The mode is significantly harder than the main game, so only the hardcore attempt it. Of this dedicated minority, perhaps 1/6 succeed on Mastery 3. On the PlayStation Network, the Queenslayer trophy completion percentage is 0.1%. However, because of the way DLC trophies are calculated on PSNP, the Queenslayer trophy is listed at a whopping 15.7%. It is free DLC, so millions of players have access to it and thousands have played it. However, only 671 have been spent the time to reach and complete Mastery 3, and PSNP calculates rarity based on only those 671 people. This approach is illogical, particularly with free DLC. I agree with Arcesisus: The calculations system for DLC rarities and 100% rarities need to change. Arguing PSNP calculations is not the point of this thread, but as far as the big picture, Arcesius has a valid point. The odd way PSNP calculates DLC and 100% completion rarity eliminates many great UR games from being eligible for this event.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:21 AM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Tier 1

Imma switch Hardline for Dead Rising 2. I didn’t realize I needed to 100% it, thanks for the clarification @Copanele.

• Like 1

Laser League (77%): Over the past two days, I cleaned up the last Mastery 2 for my boosting partner, got them through Blade Mastery 3, and I got done Blade Mastery 4 on my end, which means no more revival blocks for me (still gotta do 75 more with my boosting partner, though). :dance:

Should make the rest of the grind on my end EZPZ since I just need to get blade kills for 9 matches (I get 11 of the 100 Chains needed per match of all blade kills and I'm already up 6 from the match I ranked up on) and then it's just letting the opponents run into lasers constantly to grind out round wins and killstreaks.

Also got up to Level 20 during this whole ordeal, so that's roughly half of the level grind over with.

• Like 1

On 2022-02-01 at 1:58 PM, Mori said:

My next project is Hyper Light Drifter. I abondoned the game a year ago, for reasons I am going to explain in my review.

Started this game awhile back and abandoned it after seeing all the damn collectibles ?. Will go back one day as I hear it's great but that definitely set me off from playing it. 

• Like 2