Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 8/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, Wagszilla said:

Bro. 720p? You serious?

On 8/21/2023 at 12:10 PM, DEI2EK said:

The games are apparently set to run at 720p 60 FPS just like they do on PS3.

Nintendo switch gets it at 30 FPS

Hopefully they do a better job with part 2 then

Konami came out with a statement that said every console but the Switch is "targeting" 1080p/60fps, whereas the Switch targets 1080p/30fps docked and 720p/30fps in handheld mode. 

1080p/60fps on PS5 isn't great, but it is better than 720p. 

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/konami-confirms-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-resolution-and-framerate

Parker

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

I'm happy as long as there will be trophy support for MGS. Then I'll finally be able to rest.

You'll finally be able to rest, then, PlayStation Blog has confirmed Metal Gear Solid has trophy support, including a Platinum. 

Metal Gear Solid will include Trophy support (including a Platinum Trophy)

They also confirmed there is a menu that allows you to switch the DualSense from controller port 1 to port 2, so now we know how *that* fight will happen. 

Parker

• Like 4

Thanks for the correction Parker. Konami’s messaging is confusing to say the least.

I’m not enthused about 1080/60fps and getting more or less full price tag for these games though. I have no problem with sales being shallower to support development costs and prevent studios from going out of business but this seems to me more or less price gouging for a beloved franchise.

Also, I’ve seen single icons for each game which have the MGS Collection Vol. 1 logo stamped onto them. I hope this isn’t the game cover artwork. It would be very ugly. 

Here are the icons from whatoplay 

129000-1688524147071.webp 129003-1688524239076.webp 

129006-1688524359989.webp

I cannot find these on the PlayStation store but I’m guessing they scraped them from there

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Thanks for the correction Parker. Konami’s messaging is confusing to say the least.

I’m not enthused about 1080/60fps and getting more or less full price tag for these games though. I have no problem with sales being shallower to support development costs and prevent studios from going out of business but this seems to me more or less price gouging for a beloved franchise.

Also, I’ve seen single icons for each game which have the MGS Collection Vol. 1 logo stamped onto them. I hope this isn’t the game cover artwork. It would be very ugly. 

Yeah, Konami have certainly put out some confusing information about the collection, that is for sure. 

Unfortunately, though, this appears to be the official artwork for the collection, it is on Konami's website as well as all the retailers. 

ihB9jt2.jpg

Like the rest of the collection, it appears to be very low effort on the part of Konami. 

Parker

• Like 1

Did the previews say anything about modernized controls? e.g. will the aim and shoot be tied to the trigger buttons? Or will there be customizable controls? so we can set the aim and shoot to the trigger buttons for example? I think in the TMNT cowabunga collection you could customize the controls. Any news on that?

40 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

While I think it's a bit unnecessary to add a content warning like this to begin with, a lot of the comments on that article clearly show how humorously hypocritical people are about other people supposedly being "too sensitive" these days. lmao In other news, Gamers™ are mad.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

OK, fair enough. Still, wonder what it's referring to exactly. 

There's a few things I could think of off of the top of my head that might be potential suspects, but I'd imagine it's just a broad "just in case" kind of thing more than it being about anything in specific.

57 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Well...at least they won't censor anything. 🫡

Agree with this. I'll take a content warning over cut content any day.

Although I'm not sure what this warning is in relation to, if anything in particular. 

• Like 2

Well after reading all I have so far I'm more then happy with completing the PS3 or Vita HD Versions that both run at 4K anyway with my upscaling tools. Maybe a single purchase of the first game for me but idk since I have the Famicom version.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 1:44 AM, MidnightDragon said:

OK, fair enough. Still, wonder what it's referring to exactly. 

Well the whole thing with the raiden stand in in 3 is just a big  homophobic joke 

also the president of the United States sexually assaults raiden  

theres tje whole incest/grooming thing with Otacon and his step mom 

m site there’s more I don’t remember 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Well the whole thing with the raiden stand in in 3 is just a big  homophobic joke 

Well, that sounds pleasant. :P 

On 8/26/2023 at 8:08 PM, JPtheNeurotic said:

MGS3 Raiden lookalike was not a homophobic joke. It was a homosexual joke. Nothing about it was made in fear or anger towards homosexuals. In fact making Volgin homosexual was a brave thing for them to do. Making an openly gay character, in Soviet Russia no less! The backlash could have caused some serious political concerns.

Yeah, President Johnson grabbing Raiden is a typical Japanese joke about androgynous looking people. He was expecting Olga for spoiler reasons. So he though the pretty person with light silver-blonde hair was her. It is sexual assault, I guess Kojima was years ahead of the times with it. 

Otacaon/Stepmom isn't incest, just statutory rape.

None of this content deserves a special warning. The games were rated appropriately then, and still are today. 

• Like 1