Trophy Thoughts?

GJohny

44 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I think this list is pretty good and was able to platinum it fairly easily when reviewing it (which you can read here if you are so inclined).

I will mention that the game tracks collectibles a little differently so using an old guide might not get you everything. The jokes aren't tracked as well (it says there are three when there are really five or so) and there is an optional conversation in the Cargo subchapter that didn't count as one in the original releases. Old guides still mostly 99% work, but just be prepared for very slight differences.

However, like I said, still a good list that I enjoyed completing once again.

Yeah I don't understand the jokes trophy. I hope they didn't remove any jokes sections. I trigger all 5 every time I play.

I suppose if nothing else it at least tries to do something different from the other versions (dog pet, weapon breaking, leaving Ellie hanging, etc). I would've been down for whatever, but I am surprised at the lack of speedrun and permadeath trophies considering they were two of the biggest new features. Maybe those will be DLC trophies after release, maybe not. I think one of both of those would've made the list perfect as it adds something relatively challenging, but can still be done on any difficulty.`

I am a bit relieved there's presently no Grounded trophy. Not because I don't want the challenge, but because I just did the PS3 and PS4 versions simultaneously, going back and forth. Backward method, though haha.

44 minutes ago, emailking said:

Yeah I don't understand the jokes trophy. I hope they didn't remove any jokes sections. I trigger all 5 every time I play.

No, Naughty Dog didn't remove them. I heard all of them during my playthrough. It's just the trophy tracking is weird. I did two of them and only one "counted" on the in-system tracker. I think you still have to do all five, but it is hard to say since, like I said, the tracking is weird.

• Like 1

They suck ass and siphon all the fun outta the game.
I hate collectibles so much it's unreal and boy, the optional conversations might be even worse. I'll take fun challenge over playing with guide open next to me, making sure I don't miss one of 200+ bullshit laying around.
Someone need to remind devs that nobody does them the "legit" way and they were cool when the stuff you collected was bright objects visible across the room, not some literal rubbish scattered around the level.
I'll take (fun) challenge over this buttfuckery any day.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Seems more like developers have largely chosen not to put them in their main lists.

I got this game for free on PS3 back in the day, but never got around to playing it. Then I got the PS4 remaster as a gift shortly after it's release and never got around to playing it either. Maybe I'll actually get around to playing this PS5 version and ignore those the previous gen versions I have sitting on my shelf. If I want some extra challenge, even if the trophies don't require it, I can always just do them myself.

Base game difficulty related trophies are going to be a thing of the past now? That’s a shame really since hard difficulty trophies make those type of platinums a nice challenge. 

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BrettyBoy said:

Base game difficulty related trophies are going to be a thing of the past now? That’s a shame really since hard difficulty trophies make those type of platinums a nice challenge. 

They've been a thing of the past for most higher budget games in at least the main lists for years. Generally DLC in first party games bring the difficulty related trophies.

Since not a single developer that I've seen has declared Sony forced them to do that or complained they have to do that, it leads itself to the notion that they don't want difficulty related trophies in their main trophy list.

The list would actually be a lot better if they just removed those stupid collectible trophies and just added Grounded.

I'd rather focus and play as stealthy as possible and try to survive. Instead I'll be looking 80% of the time on my other monitor where the collectibles are ?.

Hopefully they add Grounded as DLC. I hated it so much to complete but looking back it was a great experience 

• Like 2

Surprised to see the difficulty trophies gone, and interested to see a lot of new trophies in place of them. I used to be very good at running the game on grounded so wouldn’t have minded them. I’m also sure I’ve forgotten some collectible locations so this should be interesting. I don’t look forwards to leaving Ellie hanging for that one trophy though ?

So collectibles, collectibles and more collectibles. Wow. We get to look at our phones every other minute again! 

Remake of a remaster and me being tired of the franchise because they're milking it too much aside - as great as Naughty Dog's games are (when you play them the 1st time), they just can't do a fun trophy list. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

So collectibles, collectibles and more collectibles. Wow. We get to look at our phones every other minute again! 

Remake of a remaster and me being tired of the franchise because they're milking it too much aside - as great as Naughty Dog's games are (when you play them the 1st time), they just can't do a fun trophy list. 

I think all of their lists are either bad or bland. I've always said TLOU was the best game with the worst list. I think I have like 3% ok PS3. And I was trying!

Only played it on PS3 many years ago, unpopular opinion but I never thought it to be this otherworldly masterpiece, it's a very good game but didn't click for me, I got part 2 on sale so I'll do the same for this one, glad there are no online trophies.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

31 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Only played it on PS3 many years ago, unpopular opinion but I never thought it to be this otherworldly masterpiece, it's a very good game but didn't click for me, I got part 2 on sale so I'll do the same for this one, glad there are no online trophies.

Give it a try

Play part 2

It's way better than the first part

• Like 1