What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Not getting a external HDD when my OG FAT 60gb PS3 caught instant aids (YLOD) around the time I really got into trophy hunting. Took me a long time to get the plats for both Bayonetta and NGS2.  

Edited by kidson2004

Selling my first ps3.

Running 3dmark on my pc, not realizing it had achievements. (wtf?)

Snapping off a PCI-E clip from my motherboard, because I forgot to unlatch it! (LOL)

Assuming 100% is obtainable, just because playing online is still possible. (CS:S)

Assuming there will be no issues getting 100% in a game, just because I've done it before on a different platform. (The Mankind Divided server issue on ps4, I got lucky they fixed it.)

Assuming I would be able to import my Dragon Age Origins save file into a copy of Dragon Age 2 from a different region. (I was sooo pissed!)

Getting a second ps4 to be able to do some online trophies solo or with less people.

Edit: I listed some of my gaming fails in general, didn't realize which board I was posting in, I hope you don't mind me listing my pc fails.

Edited by Bratinov

I've never really made a mistake in playing my games, but I've definitely made some purchases I wish I hadn't. The worst one that comes to mind is Aliens Colonial Marines on PS3. I remember buying the special edition on release because it looked really good, but it turned out to be a mediocre pile of ass. Bound By Flame is also up there as a massive waste of money, maybe more so because I never finished it.

Edited by ForceGrip86

This is gonna sound weird, but...

...my biggest mistake was feeling like gaming was not a worthwhile hobby.  I would let my game systems collect dust and always say that I don't really have time to play.  Before I knew it, the semester would roll by, and I'd be playing catch-up during breaks or summer.  Don't get me wrong.  I enjoyed hanging out with friends too.  There happened to be more than a night or two that I could've just said, y'know what, I'm gonna go home and play whatever and enjoy some me time.  Games last way longer than booze, haha.

Now -- yeah, I'm busy with work, but I like coming home and maybe putting in an hour of progress on something before I turn in for the night. ?

• 4 months later...

Not getting into the PS3's gen earlier.

I was happy with my PS2, Dreamcast and a couple of old PC games I had, and my sister with an Xbox 360 played games I wasn't interested in so I never bothered looking into newer games.

By 2015 I'd moved into a student house where mostly everyone played games, and I'd seen a few I was interested in so decided to look into getting a PS3 or X360. Found a ton of games that I wanted to play, including some PS3 exclusives.

• Like 1

Buying Assassin's Creed 3 and upcoming DLCs all D1... 70€ base game, plus 45€ for all three episodes of Tyranny of King Washington (15+15+15), PLUS the Multiplayer add-on (The Battle Hardened Pack), bringing the total expense on 125€... about a game I didn't even appreciate that much lol

Edited by shary96

Well I’ve made this mistake multiple times so I’ll list both of them off.

Infamous 2, one of the last few trophies I needed was to obtain all the powers in the game, this requires two playthroughs. But right before I was about to get my hands on the last power I saved over my other playthrough. Still haven’t gone back to attempt that platinum, maybe never will.

I did the same thing with Bayonetta 2. I had all the characters and outfits and stuff but one day I booted up the game and hit the wrong button, mashed A too fast and hit delete.

again, haven’t played it since. I still curl up in regret when I think about these.

Discovering Ratalaika!. While I like some of their games for the retro feel, a lot of them are just shit. My profile is a living projection of how these games can become a cheap fix (especially with a vita stack). If Ratalaika are the light, then I'm the moth!.

• Like 1

Getting hooked on various online games for many years. WoW was the only game I played for four years at one stage. Also played a lot of Halo and CoD and Battlefield. Missed out on so much. Now my backlog is massive.

Edited by Lan Stee
  • Like 4

I have a few but the 1st thing that comes to mind is warframe - I couldn't get into n popped like 4 trophies, elder scrolls online - didn't realize I would drop that game so fast. I got like 4 trophies n thief - literally as I was about to back out I popped a ? ?

As someone who doesn't pre-order games and doesn't buy into the "Day-1 purchase" mindset, I'd say my biggest mistake is purchasing games from publishers/developers who don't support their own IP. Either they're ignorant about how to make it work properly, or they just don't care to fix the glaring issues. I've thrown tons of money towards games that aren't worth supporting.

Not organizing my save files in games.

Now, I can't differentiate my Fallout 4 save files because there's so many. Some with mods, and some without. I don't know which save file is my vanilla, and which is infested with 500 mods, ranging from shooting teddy bears and cars as nukes, or changing Mirelurk eggs to Cadbury eggs, to simply being able to keep track of my settlers and companions, since they seem to always disappear off the face of the wasteland.

• Like 1

On 28-4-2014 at 2:03 AM, Parker said:

Spending my birthday money on this...

virtual-boy.jpg

I was a dumbass kid. 

Parker

LMAO wonder how that experience was. Was it worth it back then? It looks old that it was probably considered incredibly futuristic.