What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

3 hours ago, MMX20 said:

If you're really upset with Sony and its censorship policy, then why are you here on a site related to PlayStation? If you hate Sony now because of its policy, then why hang out in a PlayStation fansite?

I said "faced with". I still have plenty of non censored older games, and all games I'll buy second hand so Sony do not profit. But yes, I'm faced with having to go back to a company who respect their customers if Sony continue on this route for the coming years.

I am hoping however that things will settle down again after the Olympics.

10 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I said "faced with". I still have plenty of non censored older games, and all games I'll buy second hand so Sony do not profit. But yes, I'm faced with having to go back to a company who respect their customers if Sony continue on this route for the coming years.

I am hoping however that things will settle down again after the Olympics.

I understand. So you heard about that too, huh? I first heard about it from a PS Community. Don't know if it is true or not, but if it is true that things will settle down again after the Olympics, then I am sure you will enjoy Sony again if what I found on that PS community and possibly other news sites that has it comes true. If not, then we'll respect your decision on this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got two of them , one on Playstation and one overall:

Biggest mistake on playstation was playing that horrific DMC2 game for platinum. It's such a bad game....I started resenting videogames by the end of the game. I normally avoid bad videogames but due to my own dumb challenge(platinuming the whole series) i ended up not having fun. That game shouldn't exist.

Biggest mistake in gaming of all time for me was getting invested into a MMORPG. I found a free2play cutie game on PC (called Dragonica, yeah manly name) and decided to give it a go. What followed was 2 years lost on one of the worst experiences ever and only because of the community being cancer type 1000. Horrible, HORRIBLE self-entitled people. Me being a dumb kid at that time didn't help either. Because of that game I tend to stay off co-oping or multiplayer oriented games. The worst part at that is after getting rid of that stupid game I tried playing....League of Legends of all games. Equivalent of escaping the well just to jump into an active volcano.

And no WoW ain't any better in that regard!

Not keeping up my ability with fighting games. I wasn't the best but I could keep up but now I can barely string combos together like I could back in the PS2/Dreamcast days. Sucks considering my friends love to play fighting games and they're what we play when we manage to find time to hang out

• 1 month later...

This is easy, back in 2012 I bought Assassin's Creed III at d1, and the same I did for all the DLCs with trophies support... so, calculator in hand, we have 70€ of base game, plus 15€x3 for The Tyranny of King Washington and other 10€ for the multiplayer pack DLC: total = 125€ for this crappy game, yeah I didn't even like it.... multiplayer apart, that was awesome.

Edited by shary96

Selling a huge chunk of my game collection (among other things) was painful but it was a noble sacrifice at the time, and thankfully I'm recovering the collection at a great rate.

Platinuming all of the Kingdom Hearts games on PS3 and PS4 in about five months in preparation for Kingdom Hearts III.

I liked the games but it nearly cost me my sanity as well as well as postponed my enjoyment of other great games, though I would consider it an even bigger mistake if I didn't enjoy KHIII, which I did.

Edited by Stan Lee

Me and a buddy were doing a long endurance race on GT3, multiple hours in. I paused the game to sneeze and accidentally hit quit. When it asked if I was sure I panicked and hit yes. Needless to say, that race went forever unfinished lol.

That was like 16 years ago and I still think about it >.<

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

- Buying cheap easy boring games just for trophies. I really believe i am way past that.

- Losing countless Hours to boost or grind idiotic trophies

-Buying a PS4 and keep on playing on ps3

-buying games that i wanted to play but very expensive.

- Hours that i could use to sleep or do something More useful in the house, lost in front of a tv for a game that i didn't like that much.

- Thats for now :)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Not buying the Arc the Lad Collection and Growlanser Generations when I could.

The two Working Designs PS1\PS2 games I don't own.

You can still easily buy them online, their prices haven't increased that much compared to elemental gearbolt

When my 320gb PS3 was full I got a 1tb replacement hdd for it and thought I would simply clone the old hdd to the new one, the software instruction said I could do it. Little that I knew that PC can't even read a PS3 hdd because it is encrypted, so I corrupted my old hdd data and lost 5 years of game saves, all thanks to some shady chinese hdd cloning software instruction, they probably hadn't even tried cloning a PS3 hdd themselves, ughh.

Biggest mistakes for me are the ones where I don't read the guide properly and had to do another play-through just do one collectible and the end of a game (Prince of Persia as an example and Wolfenstien). Or accidently killing an NPC like in Dark Souls and doing yet another playthrough (but it's an awesome game so I don't mind:giggle:)

At the time I hit some serious financial difficulties and in a feat of desperation I sold an unused and perfect condition Metal Gear Solid GameCube themed Console, A Factory Sealed GameCube Resident Evil Box Set and Factory Sealed Radiant Silvergun. To this day I have tried to repurchase them, but escalated prices and unavailability have made it impossible for me. 

In regard to PS4, my biggest regret was letting my friends group get way to personal instead of keeping it about gaming. In the end I took a step back and play solo as much as possible now. 

• Like 1

I think my biggest mistake in gaming was lending my games to people.

This happened 10+ years ago, when i was still in school, i was way too naive and i gave my games to basically anyone who asked. (friends, classmates, friend of friends)
This quickly resulted in most of my games getting broken, the CD/DVD got scrached and wouldnt work anymore or some people lost the manual or broke the game case etc.

(these were mostly early 2000s PC games)

I was shocked how people didn't take care of stuff that wasn't theirs and i made a vow that i would never lend my games to anyone ever again. Which i kept until now with only one exception.

The games that i collected since then are all in mint condition, because i take care of them!

• Like 4

Oh, I have several.

- Choosing to an xBox 360 over a PS3 when the only exclusive game I really cared for at that point by them was the Halo series. I would've gotten way more enjoyment out of the PS3 exclusives, but by the time I realized that, it was too late to return the xBox and I didn't have the money to get a second console.

- Accidentally deleting my profile on said xBox one night when I was having issues with my profile and trying to troubleshoot it. I wasn't signed up for an xBox Live account because I didn't realize they had free accounts, so I lost everything when I did this. I couldn't tell you how many games I lost all my progress on in that moment of stupidity, though the one that made me the sickest was Skyrim. I was five trophies away from Platinum when that happened.