PS+ Essential April 2024 Lineup

kidson2004

Immortals has always seemed like prime PS+ material, but I'm surprised we're getting it this soon. I'll be happy to check it out, though. Not terribly interested in the others, though Skul seems pretty well-liked by roguelike fans.

• Like 1

I have been wanting to check out Immortald Of Aveum someday, so this is perfect to me. Minecraft Legends I shall just add to my library anyway, and as for Skul: The Hero Slayer, I have already played that. (Also fastest platinum achiever thanks to the dev menu back in the day)

But I will definitely say that Skul is well worth checking out. 

Took a quick look at all three game's trailers since I didn't know much about them.

Skul looks awesome! Immortals of Aveum could be interesting (EA's involvement worries me a bit), and Minecraft games are always nice (even though this one is another multiplayer one, like Dungeons)

A decent month in my opinion! :D 👌

Skul the Hero Slayer is supposedly a decent challenge to plat, but you used to be able to use access the debug menu and basically buff your character to the point that you're essentially in godmode, making the plat trivial.

I wonder how many people are going to use the downgrade trick to download the version of the game before the patch, and how much controversy that will cause. 😅

Here are trophy/achievement guides I was able to find.

Immortals of Aveum - 5/10, 30-35 hours, 8 missable trophies

Minecraft Legends -  5/10, 8-10 hours, no missable trophies

Skul the Hero Slayer - ?

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

Wish there was a way to just pay for online and the cloud (custom tier).  These "free" games give me depression. 😩👎

Edit:

When does PS+ essential go on sale btw?

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 2

I'll redeem Minecraft Legends to play during my next month of Plus, but I don't give a rat's ass about Immortals and I don't know what Skul is. I suppose I can do research into it, but Legends is the only lock for me.

Not a terrible month since all of these seem to be at least decent titles in their own right, but not a stellar one either.