Most Recent Platinum

Muff

11 hours ago, madbuk said:

Hard mode is the real platinum blocker here. The boss shoots out way more enemies, attacks more often, takes more damage, and in general all the levels just have way more enemies littered everywhere. Area 1 actually seemed to be the hardest of them all (there are 4 areas in the game, excluding the boss area) which is a little strange. Area 4 has the most enemies but it's so easy to build up combos there so that you get health back anyway to make up for the damage you take.

I dread to think how many hours I've poured into this game when you consider the fact that it only takes about 10-15 minutes to actually finish the game on hard if you're successful. I'm so glad it's finished.

Area 2 gave me the most trouble.

I died a lot there because you have to time your jumps because those spikes are automatic regardless if you're on the platform or not. Those big skulls also gave me problems because hitting them once causes them to go into rage mode which can be a real pain to deal with.

Area 3 wasn't terrible, Area 4 was all a matter of building that combo for more health and slowly working your way down.

The boss of course was nerve wrecking because your nerves are working against you. Downwell to me was considerably tougher than Rogue Legacy, probably the toughest game I played since Velocity 2X.

It's easily possible to platinum Downwell in just two hours, but it took me closer to 12 - 13 hours of practice before I was finally able to nail that Hard run.

12 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Don't forget to tell us which game it was.

34 minutes ago, Dunkelromantisch said:

Edited by Dunkelromantisch
  • Like 2