Longest Platinum

Orlay_

My slowest was "Far Cry 4" 5 years 1 month. FC4 was one of the first games I bought for PS4 back before I really cared about completion or earning plats. Surprisingly I managed to earn all but 5 at the time, so when I went back to clean up the plat earlier this year it was relatively quick. 

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Those were the first trophies Sony introduced so those will be the oldest trophies you're going to find.

Yeah, I'm aware. I chose him because he had the earliest recorded trophy I could find. What I meant was that if he decided to come back and 100% that game, he'd had the distinction OP asked for. 

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 8 years 8 months - I could never get passed completing the 320 missions (bear in mind i was quite young then lol)

COD Black Ops - 8 years 7 months - Missed two easy trophies in zombies

COD Black Ops 2 - 7 years 1 month - Missed the easter egg and a couple easy zombies trophies

Splinter Cell Blacklist (6 years, 1 month)
Finally went back and did multiplayer. 

GTA V (4 years, 3 months)
wasn’t sure if I was going to plat this since I had already played it on ps3 and couldn’t be bothered to plat It back then but decided to go for it but there’s only so much I can take of multiplayer so yeah took a while.

Uncharted 2 (3 years, 4 months)

No idea why this took so long maybe I just couldn’t be bothered or I just wasn’t into trophy hunting much back then. 

Edited by blacklight-nero

• 5 weeks later...

Transformers: revenge of the fallen 10 years, 3 months.

This one was a mental block for me. Not a hard game at all. Completed the online trophies way back, but it was the platinum medals that I thought I’d never get. 

But I said to myself, you can do this it’s not a hard game.

I have only given up on 1 game on my profile and that’s vanquish. Love the game but I just cannot do it :(

I’m nearly done with Little big planet which is currently 10 years and 9 months, so when I plat that it’ll be the new longest

GTA IV - 26th March 2020  Platinum in 11 years, 2 months

AWP and Wanted were the plat killers for me for all these years. I remember reaching rank 8 and then just stopping because of how long it was taking. AWP was and still is one of the glitchiest trophies I know of so I didn't even bother attempting that back in the day. 

As part of my goal in 2020 to go back to old games and 100% or platinum them I finally put in the time for AWP and Wanted to scratch this platinum off my list. Now one of these days I need to get all the DLC trophies out of the way too.

Mine is Asura's Wrath. 

First trophy: December 13, 2013.

Platinum: December 10, 2019.

Total time: 5 years, 11 months, 4 weeks, 18 hours and 59 minutes.

Early on (I bought the PS3 on Christmas 2012) I would only plat games that I really liked. I cleared Asura's Wrath and never bothered with the platinum. Took me many years after I turned to trophy hunting to go back and finish the game. There are also plenty of other PS3 games like "Killer is Dead" and "Remember Me" that I only got the trophy last year, but also took me 5 years. But they are a few months short of Asura's Wrath. 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't pulled off any platinums yet that would probably be more than a 3/10 difficulty. Because of that, not super long for my longest platinums.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Ghost of Tsushima each took me about 1 month, 1 week. That's because I procrastinated sometimes and some of the trophies were annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

It's got me thinking after going back to fifa 09 after all these years to get the platninum trophy (only have 2 trophies left), what's the longest time it's taken you to get a platinum trophy? It can be either playing a game nonstop or just going back to one years and years later, up to you how you want to answer it :)

this fifa one for me will be over 10 years which is mental to think

Lmao idk if this entry really counts but my longest plat would be Assassin's Creed 2 (Platinum on November 8, 2018 with missing timestamps).

But officially my longest plat is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations with a time of 7 years 11 months. If i ever go back to finishing Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within then that would be my longest plat, coming up on 9 years i think.

Edited by stubborn_kid725