Longest Platinum

Orlay_

• 1 month later...

Was going to start a new topic but I see that the last reply on this wasn't too long ago, so I'll just bump this one!

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 - 9 years, 10 months, 4 weeks.  Yes, this is what it says, 10 months AND 4 weeks.... ?

I decided to play this one recently and I guess I had gotten a trophy a long time ago and didn't continue until this spring!

• 2 weeks later...

On paper, my longest platinum is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - recorded at 6 years and 4 months. But the actual in-game time was very short. I played the game 6 years ago before I was a trophy hunter, and then finished it off this year.

In reality, my longest platinum is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain at around 130 hours. One of the best games I ever played, but it was a miserable experience from a trophy-hunting perspective. Way too many fetch quests. One of those games that makes you regret caring about trophies.

Trine on PS3 took me 10 years and 9 months to complete.

I recall playing up to the final level with two other friends one night back in January 2010. I only owned two hand controls so one friend used my Guitar Hero guitar to play, lol. I only just recently picked up a new PS3 and decided after all this time I'd grab the platinum. I played on and off for 9 days before hearing that platinum ding

• Like 1

Pointless curiosity, but after seeing some of my games, "completed in 8 years", I became curious.

A lot of people always go for the fastest completion speed, but what about the opposite.

Does anyone like have a really old completion rate, a PS3 game that was "completed in 12 years" ?

My slowest game so far is Burnout Paradise

6th July 2019 • Completed in 8 years, 1 month

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Not mine, but I'm a sucker for archived history. So I did Some digging and found this guy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1-super-stardust-hd/sohcahtoa

The guy got a trophy for Super Stardust HD on June 27th 2008. This is also, in my five minutes of  research, one of the earliest recorded trophies on this website. So this guy potentially has the record for longest trophy list completion time, what a legend. Assuming he isn't dead or anything of course. Wonder what's he up to nowadays. 

My record as of now is: 7 years, 9 months for Street Fighter x Tekken. Still have potential to get a 8 year and even 9 year completion.

Edited by Weskerfan75
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy XIII-2 at 4 years and 11 months, followed by Final Fantasy XIII at 4 years and 9 months. I know why too. It's because I played originally on a PS3 that was never connected to the internet. Then I eventually got my own that I made this account for when I originally didn't care about trophies. Lightning Returns came out and it had bonus costumes if there was a save for XIII and XIII-2 so I quickly made some and a trophy popped for each. So if I ever get around to it (I probably won't) Lightning Returns would then claim the title.

here is a couple of mine
Grand Theft Auto IV- 5 years
Rayman Legends- 6 years

Was actually kind of thinking about this a bit and kind of hoping they keep PS3 trophy servers online until 2025 or later since kind of been thinking of going for the platinum trophy in Final Fantasy 13 again in 2023 and make it to the 13 year mark of my first trophy.

8 years 10 months for Red Faction: Guerrilla

8 years 3 months for Dead Nation

Both games had been sitting at the bottom of my list with only one trophy earned each for years, and I only recently (end of last year) went back to finish them.

In the same idea of cleaning up, I’m doing DLC for games I platted long ago, and recently got the 100% for Mafia 2 (7 years 3 months) and Borderlands 2 (6 years 11 months). Took a break when I got my PS5 to try new releases, but I’ll go back to unfinished games once I’m done with Cyberpunk.

Also, FYI, there’s a very similar thread just 8 topics below :) :

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weskerfan75 said:

The guy got a trophy for Super Stardust HD on June 27th 2008. This is also, in my five minutes of  research, one of the earliest recorded trophies on this website.

Those were the first trophies Sony introduced so those will be the oldest trophies you're going to find.

• Like 1

Mine is Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

8 Years 10 months

First trophy Feb. 13, 2011

Last trophy Dec. 23, 2019

The story behind this is I started on normal and did a play through getting everything done and then doing the new game plus play through in January of 2012 and only needed a hard play through. I tried several times picking up the game again over the years and ended up putting back down. Last December I was getting close to my 15,000 trophy and decided I was going to make this my milestone. I was so glad to finally get it done. I have some games that would beat this if I ever went back to them. 

• Like 1