would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

Let me first say that the Telltale comparisons should stop. Anyone can enjoy Telltale games. Only trophy hunters enjoy I am Mayo. I don't play Telltale games for easy platinums, I play them because I like the stories and making the choices.

"Is 'I am Mayo' shameful?"To be honest, I'd be ashamed if I had it on my list, but I don't think anyone is less of a trophy hunter because they have this game on their list.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

1. I personally think it's the most shameful plat. I actually never thought of a plat as "shameful" till this one came out. It's a game that was created and sold for the soul purpose of an easy plat. It's like whoring out the system for a profit. At least Hannah Montana and Terminator Salvation had some production value and a target audience.

2. Just because I see the plat as shameful doesn't mean I look down on people for having it. To each their own. If you enjoy seeing those trophies pop then by all means go for it, don't let the opinions of some randoms influence you. Trophies are different things to different people and you should get them the way you want to get them, screw everybody else.

Considering PlayStation wasn't where this was first released, I highly doubt that it was created for the sole purpose of an easy Plat. Sure, that may be why a lot of trophy hunters have bought it. But that isn't why the game was made. It's a silly timewaster that was sold for cheap.

There is almost no rhyme nor reason to what games do and don't get a Plat. To me, these replace Plats I should have gotten for certain games that should have had them.

28bcfas.jpg

21 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Considering PlayStation wasn't where this was first released, I highly doubt that it was created for the sole purpose of an easy Plat. Sure, that may be why a lot of trophy hunters have bought it. But that isn't why the game was made. It's a silly timewaster that was sold for cheap.

There is almost no rhyme nor reason to what games do and don't get a Plat. To me, these replace Plats I should have gotten for certain games that should have had them.

28bcfas.jpg

Like I said, it's just my opinion, and my opinion shouldn't bother anybody. But I'd be willing to bet the bank that in the pitch meeting when they asked if it could have a plat the words "trophy hunter bait" were thrown around at least once lol. Sony has even said in the past that price does have an impact on trophies, so someone, somewhere took extra steps to get a platinum list. Not to mention, Steam games also have achievements that people hunt.

Edited by KingGuy420

40 minutes ago, Justt_Jan said:

Yes.

People who say that Hannah Montana and Terminator are more shamefull than this are crazy, Mayo is for me a 10/10 scale of shame platinum.  

No skill, no nothing required.....A game only for trophies.

No person ever would buy/play this game i'ff the game didn't had trophies.

But still,  it's everybody's own choice and you should do what you want to do..

But personally when i look at a trophy list and i see games like Hannah, Mayo and cross games that takes seconds have 0.1% respect from me.

My 99.9% goes to the people who play the "normal" games.

But that's my opinion....everybody has his own :)

You missing out son 0,99 cents.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm totally new to this trophy hunting thing, but isn't it the point of trophy hunting? To get as many as possible? And to pick up some easy stuff on the way? I don't care, I'm mashing the heck outta the X button right now. It's easy yes but my fingers are killing me.... x.x *dies*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kittybombzz said:

I'm totally new to this trophy hunting thing, but isn't it the point of trophy hunting? To get as many as possible? And to pick up some easy stuff on the way?

Not necessarily, you might want to go for a more 'quality over quantity' approach. Its really just personal preference.

• Like 1

It's not a shame having a platinum for games like this. But the responsables for these trophies and a Platinum in this kind of games are pityfull... There are a lot of games that put players in challenging situations and people dont even get a Platinum (or a Gold trophy).

Its also a shame that some games like this one only sells because of a Platinum (and I'm looking at your trash games Telltale Games: less quality games, predictable stories, no major changes in storyline, its just "fall asleep and you get a Platinum")

So, the Platinum Trophy is not a shame, supporting this Studios, Yes.

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 3:20 PM, Thropy_Hore said:

Mayo has transcended such petty labels as Shameful/Cringey; it's become an iconic meme and an essential part of any trophy hunter's collection

Bullshit. I consider myself a trophy hunter and would never have it on my profile.

I play what I want to play because I want to play it. There is absolutely nothing about being a jar of mayonnaise that is compelling, no matter how badly you lie to yourself. If you pay for that game there is no hiding the fact you are just in it for the trophies.

"I think it would be a great gaming experience to be a jar of mayonnaise" said no one, ever.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Bullshit. I consider myself a trophy hunter and would never have it on my profile.

I play what I want to play because I want to play it. There is absolutely nothing about being a jar of mayonnaise that is compelling, no matter how badly you lie to yourself. If you pay for that game there is no hiding the fact you are just in it for the trophies.

"I think it would be a great gaming experience to be a jar of mayonnaise" said no one, ever.

While I agree with you on the "play what i want because I want to play it" argument, there might be other reasons why people got the plat in this game.  Case in point:  I had no intention of playing this game and never even considered it, but... I had a $1 plus balance in my account and after reading that the game was basically a button mash fest I thought to myself, maybe I could get the fastest time.  I don't remember when or what game it was, but back in the day, maybe SNES days, there was a game that required some button mashing and I had heard through the grape vine (no internet back then) that there was a trick you could do that required a spoon and fast hands.  I remembered this trick and decided to give it a go.  I thought my spoon trick would get me the fastest time to plat.  It did not and now I am stuck with the My Name Is Mayo plat on my account.  I did it in an attempt to get the fastest time.  I failed, but I don't regret it.  

Spoiler

I regret it... 

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

When I eventually get around to putting Duke Nukem Forever on my trophy list I would still feel more shame for it than if I ever bought and platted this game. I even bought DNF near the time of release thinking it would be a decent revisit to a franchise I enjoyed in its early years. At least if I bought this game I would know exactly why I bought it, and not be lured in by false promises.

12 minutes ago, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

When I eventually get around to putting Duke Nukem Forever on my trophy list I would still feel more shame for it than if I ever bought and platted this game. I even bought DNF near the time of release thinking it would be a decent revisit to a franchise I enjoyed in its early years. At least if I bought this game I would know exactly why I bought it, and not be lured in by false promises.

Awwww...

2 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

"I think it would be a great gaming experience to be a jar of mayonnaise"

With actual compelling gameplay, like platforming or some shit, that sounds like a winner to me. You're delusional, man. :P 

1 hour ago, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

I don't know why that game gets as much hate as it does. DNF was a fun game, in my opinion. 

Everyone is a different type of trophy hunter. If you want to play games solely for getting trophies then go ahead. I for one think clicking on a mayonnaise jar is completely boring and would be embarrassed to have it on my list.  

No platinum is shameful not even this one if your willing to spend money and time to get this plat go for it don't worry about what others think :). I personally wont go for this plat just because it doesn't interest me in anyway.