would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

I can see how people think it's a shameful. Personally it doesn't matter to me. I have it on my profile because I was looking to platinum the entire Metal Gear series, and would of been one platinum off for MGSV to be Plat #60. I really wanted to start it, and Mayo was a fast enough plat that I could get started with Metal Gear sooner than expected.

In my opinion they are effortless platinum's more  then they are shameful. I found that for a game so simple, Mayo had a lot of humor that I honestly didn't expect for a game that had you just tap the X button.

Edited by FrozennDusk
  • Like 1

It's not shameful if you want to get the trophies. Personally I wouldn't want it on my profile and I also wouldn't want to put myself through the frustration of playing it. I only play games I enjoy. But it's a personal choice ?

I've been cheated on same platinums with glitched trophies so getting these "shameful" plats  towards my tally of plats I'm fine with. I wouldn't want alot of these types of plats but one or two is fine along some hard plats. Just a balance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I wouldn't think that this is shameful. I think it is more of a badge of a trophy hunter because you wouldn't (normally) buy it if it wasn't for the super easy plat. It has hit the status of a meme is a sense. So I like having it on my list because it shows others that I am a branding myself as a trophy hunter.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is buying trophies, same with Energy Cycle and that glitch. You're not playing the game, you bought it for trophies in a very short span of time.

For someone playing Hannah Montana its probably less embarassing to say you love trophies that much than you are a Hannah Montana fan.

EDIT: I should add, I'm just pointing out that there's no one actually plaing this game for fun, lets not kid ourselves, when in theory someone could like Hannah Montana, so lets not throw the word shame around.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

Though it’s very easy, I don’t think it’s shameful. I really enjoyed the humor in the game even though it’s literally pressing a couple buttons. Like a lot of people have said, as long as you enjoy the game that’s all that matters. Everyone has a diverse trophy collection. It’s not a competition and opinions are subjective- just play and enjoy what you want to. We’re a community of gamers and should be encouraging each other, not shutting people down based on their game choices.

You put effort on My Name is Mayo (for example while clicking X button 10.000 times). It's not shameful. Worst and shameful platinums/100% are obtained from CFW (Hacking) because there's no effort and it's illegitmate, and that's unfair 

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 1

On 16-4-2017 at 7:34 PM, kingdrake2 said:

there's only 3 shameful platinums:

hannah montana

barbie puppy rescue

and then there's one other one (its not mayo). though others will say these aren't exactly the most shameful.

My Horse and Me ?

OT: Just play and have fun. That's what games are for right? ?

• 2 weeks later...

maybe but but I have more honorable platinum so I didn't mind adding it

its cost nothing and doesn't take a lot of time I did want an easy fast plat cuz all I play was grindy games

but I actually felt bored pressing the x button I didn't complete the last trophy yet I will go back to it later though

at least the developer should have designed a better game like 36 fragment this one was fun at least

Edited by Espada-girl

I have no shame in platting my name is mayo. 

I've got a fair few difficult plats and enjoy treating myself to a nice easy stupid trophy list every now and then between big expedition plats. 

Plus I always wanted to see a jar of mayonnaise in a leopard skin bikini! I was not disappointed, it changed my life forever.