Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, DesmaBR said:

Worth noting that it says the Vita versions online is no longer available. Last achievers were on the 27th of November. Someone should probably test to confirm.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Worth noting that it says the Vita versions online is no longer available. Last achievers were on the 27th of November. Someone should probably test to confirm.

Thank you for pointing that out. However, and thankfully, all guides say that the multiplayer trophies are doable by ad-hoc, so if you have 2 vitas and 2 accounts with the game, or know someone with the game who lives close to you, you can get the trophies. But someone checking online play and confirming would be great. This is an old game and not the most popular, there are entire months where no one earned the trophies. So without the devs saying that in the blog post, the 27th date for last achievers doesn't mean much.

The ps4 servers should be fine, but the last earners show similar dates. I'd personally do them before the new version releases in 2024, but this was not a shutdown announcement, so in theory it should be safe.

41 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Dropping in to share that the Vita version of Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds is only $2.99, and shares DLC with the PS4 version if you've already purchased it.

Oh, great news! That's cheaper than the EU copy (4.49€) so I'll definitely grab it for self-boost in the future. And yes, the DLCs are cross-buy.  Prices without sales are 4€ for each of the DLCs (so 8€ total), and 11€ for the main game (PS4). So not too expensive if you don't want to wait for a sale. The game had a permanent price down for both VITA and PS4 versions in 2018, according to PS Prices.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

For what it’s worth, LRG made physical copies of this for vita and PS4 years ago, but I’d imagine they’re expensive now

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Apparently online play for Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds on Vita was removed as far back as June 2022, when Rocket Panda Games took ownership of the IP, according to this post:

https://x.com/rocketpandaen/status/1735482031386292410?s=46&t=BLF9tMHGfwCMiePpT3tmSQ

Edited by Needles
Typo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Needles said:

Rocket Arena for PS4 is shutting down March 21st, 2024. It is already delisted but physical copies for this title are usually inexpensive.

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/r-z

If you don’t see the game on the EA service updates page yet, switch your region to USA. EA will update all of their regional pages eventually.

Thanks for let us know, I think I have it on my library but platinum is hard to achieve? My internet isn't the best so I try to avoid online games with problematic trophies or bugs

6 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Polyphony will implement an offline patch for Gran Turismo Sport as far as I know

Do you know something we don't? It's expected that the game will by-and-large be shutdown and no progress will be saved.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iXanon said:

Do you know something we don't? It's expected that the game will by-and-large be shutdown and no progress will be saved.

According to https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1344615.html :

After the end of service date, it will no longer be possible to utilize online services such as the Community, Open Lobby, and Sport Mode, nor online features/items such as custom liveries. The offline portions of the game can still be played, including purchased Add-Ons.

and also here's the post of Nenkai as well:

• Like 2