What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

18 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Yes, I'm bummed about it. The physical copies promised free DLC, and the trophy lists are already released for that DLC, so the mistaken assumption I made is that the DLC would be similar to some other DLCs I've encountered where the content was released at the same time as the base game.

Oh that is lame dude. I didn't realize it was a pack in for physical versions. Kinda lame that it's not just included for everyone but it was probably a Kickstarter reward or something so I guess it makes sense.

Fair enough then, but I'd still say play it anyway. The DLC from what I gather takes place after the main story anyways so you could burn through what's out now and play the rest later I guess? I don't know. I'm not a doctor.

On 6/26/2018 at 0:58 PM, LuciaRosethorn said:

Dungeon travlers 2. It's a dungeon crawler RPG and not as good as Mind Zero or Demon gaze but if you give it a chance it's got some charm to it, at first I hated it since its so simple but I've grown to appreciate the game.

found this as the best of dungeon crawler RPGs on vita. mary skelter is pretty much on par as well. haven't played mind zero, but demon gaze wasn't as enjoyable to me as the other two were. i thought of this game when coming in this topic, there's probably a lot of games i enjoyed with under 5000 owners tbh if i looked through my profile lol.

• Like 1

Putting these in order of least number of owners to most:

• Aaero - music/rhythm/shooter, I love how the controls are different from the typical game of this genre--it feels so much more natural and fluid.
  • The Invisible Hours - describes itself as an immersive theater experience.  You can play it as a regular-format game, but if you can, definitely play it in VR!  Yes, the resolution suffers a bit, but the intimacy and immersion are totally worth it.
  • -KLAUS- - for the longest time I was scared off by part of the description on the PSN store: "takes inspiration from hyper-precise classics such as Super Meat Boy". 1f631.png Then one week it was 75% off and I finally noticed it had a demo.  I tried it out and immediately bought it, and if it had been full price I'd have been happy to pay it.  I'll probably never plat it, but I'll still have fun replaying it to try xD
  • The Sexy Brutale - awkward clunky title, but morbid, funny, and very pretty game.  Alternate ending made me cry.
  • If you'll forgive a bit of cheating, I want to also sneak Shadow Complex Remastered in here.  One of my most favorite games ever-- a 2.5D metroidvania-style platform-adventure game (plus Nolan North voices the main character ?)

I recently purchased and beat Project Nimbus: Code Mirai, which according to this site only has 52 game owners. It's a frantic mech-based flying game that takes inspiration from games like Gundam, Macross and Ace Combat. I've had a blast with it and its very reasonably priced, with the cherry on top that is a decently quick platinum as well. I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

I could probably recommend like half my list.

But I'll go with Sundered, The Adventure Pals, Super Daryl Deluxe, Wizard of Legend, Owlboy, Omensight, Shio, Yoku's Island Express, and Immortal Redneck and those are from this year.

Theres so many more I could recommend but there's just too many to name.

Edit: Add Gal*Gun 2 and Shaq Fu to the list as well ;)

Edited by aZombieDictator

Going to second these-

Yomawari: Night Alone- If you like horror games you should check out this along with it's sequel. It's an exploration game that reminds me of classic Silent Hill in a good way and I'm surprised it didn't get more recognition. Also play it with headphones if you can, it's a great experience. (It's on Vita and it's on PC if you don't have a Vita. It's 2d so it's not too demanding to run.)

Mary Skelter- Good news, this is being tweaked and brought to PS4 if you missed out on the Vita version. It's not the most balanced RPG, but it's way more visually interesting and easier to map out than the other dungeon crawlers I've tried. It's like a fairytale halloween aesthetic, the art is nice and actually decently varied between areas. It's much easier to tell where I've been and where I'm going just by the surroundings. With most games in this genre I end up glued to the map because everything looks so similar that I can't tell where I am. So go look into this is you want a solid DRPG. 

Okage: Shadow King: A PS2 RPG ported to the PS4. More halloween aesthetic and an interesting art style. It's shorter than most RPGs from that era (Like 25-35 hours I'd say?) but it's very straightforward and doesn't have much padding. If you want a turn based RPG that offers something different and doesn't take a huge time investment to complete, you should try it.

• Like 2

Siralim for the vita only has 393 players. no plat but still a fun monster catching game. actually  got 100% in it tonight making me the 7th to do so and 4th fastest achiever but that was me playing other games as well.

Just going from my plat list, I came up with these ones and just browsing a few others.

• Invizimals: The Alliance [Vita] - Augmented Reality + Monster Collecting
  • Invizimals: The Resistance [Vita] - particularly this one as it vastly improves everything over The Alliance
  • A Hat in Time [PS4] - If you like or love Super Mario Sunshine, you'll like or love this. Great 3D platformer.
  • Okage: Shadow King [PS4] - A little dated, okay quite a bit dated. However, the game is written well with interesting characters and story. It's an RPG.
  • Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas [Vita] - Not sure how much it has on PS4, but around 1k on Vita. It's basically a Zelda type game. And a solid one at that. Runs well on Vita too.

• Cat Quest [PS4] - I know it was mentioned but it really is a great game.

• de Blob [PS4] - I always loved this game, has less than 700 here. Getting plat is a bit annoying, but it's funner than 2 imo.

• LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids [Vita] - Dont' have the plat in this actually, yet, but it's one of the better handheld LEGO games since it was made exclusive for them. And it fixed all the issues with the 'type' of game it is [like LEGO Marvel on Vita] by not making you start over a level if you died and QoL changes. So while it's not a traditional LEGO game like Legends of Chima was, or Lego Batman 3 [on Vita] was, it's still worth playing.

• Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon [Vita] - No idea about PS4 numbers, but it's a great game. With few playing on Vita. It's Castlevania basically. No plat.

• DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles [PS VR] - While I'd suggest getting it super cheap its' more an "experience" than full on game, if you enjoy the series on Netflix you should enjoy this. I had fun with it. There is gameplay with on rail shooting and a boss battle and some simple puzzle solving. No plat.

Now for a few games that I want to throw out there because I think there's some merit to them, but it depends on what you're tastes are.

• Lili: Child of Geos [PS4] - This is a mobile game ported, but I thought it had interesting ideas. Easy plat. For cheap it's worth a try, I'd like to see more people give it a whirl.
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 [Vita] - May be hard to find at this point, this version has no online so no online trophies. While there are some framerate and performance problems, it to me was still a lot of fun to play it on here.
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia [PS4] - It's wonky, and clearly a budget game. But if you get it for cheap, I think there's fun to have with it. Most characters are fun to play with, some suck ass though. Tracking the plat is annoying, and a few challenges are tedious to do S Rank on but overall a doable plat.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, RunItsAShark said:

The Last Day Of June was enjoyable, if you are interested in Chaos Theory / Butterfly Effect type scenarios.

spacer.pngL575b85.png

Didn't realize this had come out. :/

Edited by Elvick_

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (4,512 owners). Turn-based RPG with gorgeous '90s-style fantasy artwork. The story is only there to frame the fighting, but the fighting is great in its own right.

Cosmic Star Heroine (3,128 owners). Cute, short, easy turn-based RPG. Light-hearted, but offers fun combat decisions. Much easier on the eyes than most pixel games.

Hob (1,665 owners?!) From the makers of the Torchlight games. It takes the classic Zelda 1 formula and executes it deftly with no padding. I'm sad more people haven't played this.

• Like 1

On 26.6.2018 at 10:32 PM, dalailama1989 said:

N++

A fun 2D platformer, which gets quite challenging over time (not as bad as SMB, though). Has a stacking second list.

Serial Cleaner

Cleaning up mafia crime-scenes in police presence? Intuitive gameplay/controls? Awesome soundtrack? This is your game.

Jazzpunk

From all the quick and dirty platinums (30 minutes), it was the most enjoyable to me. Weird sense of humor. Has a stacking second list.

Serial Cleaner is on Sale in Europe for 3,59 right now. Grab it :)

Ys Origin - 3791 owners - If you like difficult plats and action rpgs, this one's for you.

Eternal Ring - 154 owners - which is a damn shame.  Demon/Dark Souls at its roots (it's made by From Software)  It's quite similar to the king's field games.

Titan Quest - 1430 owners - Oldschool diablo type isometric action RPG.  It's not as good as Diablo but if you like these types of games I'd give it a shot.

Saturday Morning RPG - 3400 owners -  Turn based input RPG kinda like paper mario or southpark games where you press buttons at the right time for attacks etc.  Has a ton of 80's 90's references for the older folks.

There are a ton of niche games on my profile I'd recommend but I don't feel like typing all day, heh.

Edited by Stormverse

On 26/06/2018 at 5:36 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

For anyone that likes hack n slash games, with a side of anime, there's Arslan: The Warriors of Legend. It is a bit grindy but nothing like KT's other hack n slash games.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4323-arslan-the-warriors-of-legend

That's got less than 5000 owners? :o What's wrong with people? :(

So yeah, I'd recommend it too! I played it on Xbox rather than PS, but it was a thoroughly enjoyable game :)

PS4: Horizon Chase Turbo, Ruiner, Mantis Burn Racing, Headlander, Livelock, Bears Can't Drift, Dex.

VR: Tiny Trax, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, Bandit Six: Combined Arms, Accounting+, The American Dream.

These are all games I had a lot of fun with and are all under 5000 owners.

Unravel 2, grab a friend or family member and enjoy the journey <3

Even if they are not used to play games, the co-op mode allows players to catch each other if someone fails a jump.

Somehow Céleste doesn't have 5000 owners (on ps4). Game of the year.

Finallly, The Sexy Brutale for an awesome mystery game with great mecanics.