Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Everybody has been updated :)

In terms of start time, would everyone be happy to start when it's 1st September in their timezone?  We never really specified a start timezone in the first post, but wanted to get some feedback and get that clarified as the event will be starting pretty soon :dance:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

In terms of start time, would everyone be happy to start when it's 1st September in their timezone?  We never really specified a start timezone in the first post, but wanted to get some feedback and get that clarified as the event will be starting pretty soon :dance:

I prefer this when it comes to "just for fun" events.

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus

@DoctorDrPepper

Updated list! So hype...

Thanatophobia: Sound Shapes

Kinemortophobia: Wolfenstein - The Old Blood

Technophobia: Wolfenstein - The New Order

Acrophobia: Yooka-Laylee

Gynophobia: Life is Strange - Before The Storm

Decidophobia: Undertale (hopefully this will be my platinum#100 ?)

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Everybody has been updated :)

Sounds good to me as it seems to be the most reasonable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

To rep for Team Cujo Im going to play sam and max beyond space and time. Even though each episode has its own trophy list i'm going to do the whole 5, just seems like the right thing to do. 

Lol ive already changed my mind, going for Dog gone Golfing instead of sam and max

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus sorry, I ended up finding 2 more games during a current sale, which ended up filling a couple of the empty slots. Now Demetophobia and Phobophibia are set as well.

1. Samhainophobia - waiting for Halloween sale

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Swapquest (spiders and snakes are some of the enemies)

3.  Kinemortophobia - Mages of Mystralia (has skeletons that revive, if you don't destroy their remains)

4. Thanatophobia - Here They Lie (trophy for dying a bunch of times)

5.  Monophobia - The Long Reach

6.  Dementophobia - Layers of Fear (as far as I know the theme for this game is "madness", so it should fit)

7. Chronophobia - Shantae Half-Genie Hero (speedrun)

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain

9. Technophobia - Nier Automata

10. Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

11. Metathesiophobia - Poi (I don't play a lot of 3D platformers)

12. Gynophobia - Whispering Willows

13. Phobophobia - Inside (you play as a little boy, which fullfills the "Team Chucky" condition)

• Like 1

All updated :)  

@Boomerang_02 Welcome to the event and to the forums :D  I have added you onto Team Leatherface

If I have missed anyone or made any mistakes, please let me know and I can get that rectified: Halloween Event Spreadsheet

PS+ games for next month are being announced today, I'm wondering if we'll get anything that will fit the event :hmm:

• Like 1

hello!

Good news, I can walk normally (mostly) again!

On 8/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, Jens said:

And one question about the rules for the bonus badge. Can I swap game A into another category and replace it with game B and it's fine if game A is still in my overall list? Because I think I might add some games later on and there are quite a bunch of switchable games in my list so far. Would be handy :P 

Once a game is put in a category, you've made your choice. If you switch it out for another category you invalidate yourself from the hardcore challenge.

You can always add later, thats fine. But once you're down for a game, that's your game.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

hello!

Good news, I can walk normally (mostly) again!

Anyway, wanted to say that I cant wait for everything to kick off on Saturday. But, still looking for lists from the following people on my end. 

@ArtikSkarab

@Aze

@Kittet3

@fabiansc83

@cvp1cvp1

@VeritableLemon

@Dr_Mayus

@HappyGuySmiley

@Caju_94

@Neocarleen

@AC_Masamune

@Sardavanua

@Surge3Beast

@monkeydluffy512

@Leenewbe

Once again the reason im asking y'all to dm me your lists is to absolutely make sure you've locked in your choices for the hardcore challenge. If I haven't received a list by Friday i'll just go with whatever you've posted in here but I want to give you one change to lock it in so to speak. 

Might be easier and quicker to just grab the lists off the spreadsheet: Halloween Event

Planning on coding it all up when the event starts anyway to show hardcore challenges etc.  Should make it easier for us to track for badge purposes.  PMs kind of make it harder due to lack of visibility and transparency.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Once again the reason im asking y'all to dm me your lists is to absolutely make sure you've locked in your choices for the hardcore challenge. If I haven't received a list by Friday i'll just go with whatever you've posted in here but I want to give you one change to lock it in so to speak. 

Not sure how having people DM you their lists would help.....all it's doing is making unnecessary work for you and everyone else. @Mesopithecus went through the trouble of creating the spreadsheet (which looks great by the way) so why not just use that? If someone wanted to change their list before the event they'd post it in the thread. If they DM you today what would happen if they wanted to change their list again? It just seems impractical to me but of course just giving my thoughts on the matter. :)

34 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

*snip*

Anyway, wanted to say that I cant wait for everything to kick off on Saturday. But, still looking for lists from the following people on my end. 

*snip*

My list is currently correct on the spreadsheet that Mesopithecus organized... I therefore validate my list.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 10:33 AM, Mesopithecus said:

That's perfectly fine with me. :)

Can i join this☺️? Actually i don't have router wifi at home so I can't count exactly how many and wich games I'll be playing but sounds like a good time to encourage me to clean some games from my backlog

Technophobia - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (I'm currently working on it)

Kinemortophobia - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City/Dead Nation (can't pick right now)

Gynophobia - Tomb Raider

Dementophobia - Dead Space 3

Acrophobia - Ace Combat: Assasult Horizon

is that enought for now ??

Hello, this is my first forum post (but I've been lurking for a while)

I have a few questions.

- What about games that have multiple themes? in example, Resident evil, which has zombies, spiders, snakes, speedrun trophies, you're alone, make a few desicions (although not too many to count I guess)

- how does it work exactly, do I list the games, I get asigned a team, and then I try to platinum those games and then I just report in?

- Do we have like a discord server or something? I'm pretty new here and it'd be cool to talk to more people about the event.

@Uchiha_Snake__ I have added you to Team Pinhead and got your games minus the ones you had listed for Kinemortophobia. Because of the nature of this event you cant really pick two games and choose later so I just didnt add it. when you decide which you want to play you can just add it later.

1 hour ago, Zippyhammer said:

Hello, this is my first forum post (but I've been lurking for a while)

I have a few questions.

- What about games that have multiple themes? in example, Resident evil, which has zombies, spiders, snakes, speedrun trophies, you're alone, make a few desicions (although not too many to count I guess)

- how does it work exactly, do I list the games, I get asigned a team, and then I try to platinum those games and then I just report in?

- Do we have like a discord server or something? I'm pretty new here and it'd be cool to talk to more people about the event.

Hi, welcome to the forums. This is just a fun event/excuse to play games just because. And you nailed it with that second question. You pick at least three games or up to all thirteen, one for each category, and just try to finish them before halloween. One game for one category. Doesnt matter if a game could fit into two categories. You can only use one game once. If you wanna play just post a list before friday and we'll get you on a team. That 13th category is based on your team so think of a few games you would want to play for the first 12.

• Like 1

Here's my final list :

1. Contrast
2. Devil May Cry

3. Deadlight Director's Cut

4. Axiom Verge 
5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. The Town of Light

7. LocoRoco Remastered

8. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

9. Machinarium
10. Fez

11. Wheels of Aurelia

12. Dishonored : Death of the Outsider

13. What Remains of Edith Finch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

are-you-scared-chicken-.jpg

*SIGH* All right. Fine. I'll do it. :(

Meso, please add Shantae and the Pirate's Curse to my list under Arachnophobia. I don't know if I will finish it but I'll try.

I've got you updated, good luck with the game :D  I keep meaning to try out the Shantae games