Platinums obtained without boosting.

BrettyBoy

Boosting is a-okay, kudos for anyone who actually goes through all the hassle that is connected with it. I don't, because I don't want to have to be somewhere precisely at time x and precisely do thing y - the less I have any form of communication with other players during online play, the better. I hate online trophies because I encountered so many dicks while playing online. Would boosting make me get online trophies quicker? Probably, but I rather try to do my thing and be off as soon as I got what is required for the plat, pretending all the others are just AI. Thank god for the mute button.

• Like 3

I absolutely hate online trophies. They're generally super grind heavy or just weirdly specific to the point where they're almost impossible without boosting anyway. So I almost always boost. 

I'm assuming this means any specifically multiplayer trophies, and not just games that you have to be online to play, like MMOs, so I won't include those. Otherwise, the ones I've gotten are:

• Soul Calibur II HD
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
  • Like 2

The Last of Us Remastered is the only game which has online trophies that I've platinumed without boosting. I genuinly dislike playing multiplayer on the PS. Unfortunately most of the singleplayer games have multiplayer nowadays so you have to go through the hassle to arrange boosting sessions if you want to get them done as quickly as possible. In fact the reason why I ended up on this site is because I was looking for people to boost online trophies.

• Like 1

Burnout Paradise (base game requires basic tasks for trophies, DLC on the other hand...)

Dante's Inferno (easy singleplayer game, hard 100% that i don't really care about at this point)

MotorStorm: Apocalypse (most online trophies could be done in splitscreen with two accounts, the remaining ones required some random races)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (really easy, including DLC)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (really easy, DLC required coordination though)

Need for Speed: The Run (i don't even think if it was possible to play with boosters, it wasn't worth the hassle, the game had many randoms anyway)

Need for Speed: Undercover (some trophies could be done by staying idle and waiting for randoms lol)

Under Defeat HD (quite easy for being a Japanese shmup)

Zombie Driver HD (a lot easier compared to the Steam achievements list)

• Like 1

The only games with online trophies I haven't boosted, are ones that have some way for you do it very simply on your own. For instance:

Assassin's Creed IV -  You could do Wolfpack by yourself and level up. 

GTA V - I platted the PS3 version back in 2013...and back then, you could play solo races online over and over and get tons of XP as long as the race went over 4 Minutes. I would create a playlist of about 18 or so races and do them all making sure they all went over 4 minutes...by the end of the set I would level up twice. I did this every day until I hit 100. Don't know if that still works. 

Rocket League -  You could play alone/Second Controller.

Mass Effect 3 I played legit...one of the few online modes I actually liked. 

DOOM 2016 I played legit as well...but I was horrid online, I got destroyed by everyone (however I played it last year after the people still playing were gods at the game) If it wasn't for them being fairly simple trophies, I probably wouldn't have Platted it. 

There's a few more I can't think of right now...but I'm not an online gamer, so if I can get them done quicker and easier then I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

I do not really like multiplayer at all, especially not when I want to go for trophies. I thought I was unique in that, but it seems to be a pretty common theme among trophy hunters.

Nevertheless I tend to avoid games that are heavy on MP in the first place. Either that or I just do not really feel the need to plat them. But because of the problem of tacked on multiplayer for many great PS3 games I have felt the urge to boost some of them anyway. I really do not want to miss out on a plat for a game I love because of some obligatory multiplayer mode. (It is one of the reasons why I love Call of Duty, because despite it being a very multiplayer heavy game they mostly have very sensible small amounts of online trophies.)

Having said that, most of my boosting has been organized for games that are dead or for game modes that are dead. These are the games that I (mostly) did without boosting:

I got all Killzone 3 trophies in public play but they are easy to get in a couple of short sessions. There is absolutely no need to git gud.

Far Cry 4 on PS3 has some very easy online trophies and because servers were still occupied they were quick to pick up.

I did the full XP grind for Tomb Raider PS3 solo, got a couple of the misc trophies in public play and then used a boosting session to pick up stuff from game modes that are not being played anymore. Solo grind is twice as long as boosting, but I prefer it.

All the NASCAR 14 online trophies can be done solo. I had to do them twice because a crash ate my savefile before I got PS+.

I also recently did Watch_Dogs PS3 in public matches. They are easy and fun, but more importantly can not be boosted except 1 trophy that is also easy to get in public play.

I very recently did F1 2014 in public races. But because these trophies are only for completing races there is not much value added to that instead of boosting them. Then I found a buddy from here to do the co-op, still that is not boosting because you can not even do co-op with a random as far as I know.

The ones for FEAR 3 were also done without boosting as they are all co-op or can be done solo. Gosh those were fun, I really did have a great time with this small group!

I grinded out most of Motorstorm Apocalypse on my own with a second controller. Then I hosted a lobby for the medals and got them with a bunch of very competitive random players, it was pretty fun, fast and very easy, just how I like it.

But then I did boost Pool Nation, WRC 4, Hustle Kings, IL-2 Sturmovik, F1 2010, F1 2013, Driver San Francicso, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Doom 3, Battlefield Hardline, Sniper Ghost Warrior and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. This is (mostly) why:

• Most of those games are pretty much dead now
  • Others require players for game modes that are dead even if the MP itself is reasonably healthy
  • Sometimes they are only occupied with players who have played nothing but the game since its launch and are so good at it that it would take a lot of time to get the trophies legit.

In my opinion, only the last category might be a bit shameful. But with so much PS3 MP being shutdown, I find it a waste of time to not boost those games.

And not only that, but most of the boosting has been very enjoyable. I prefer pleasant cooperation to constantly dealing with annoying try hard shit talkers on public servers who send me messages that I suck because I have not been playing F1 2010 for 5 hours per day for the last 8 years or so. I'm almost 40, I really do not want to deal with that shit anymore.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

AC III 

AC Revelations

BioShock 2

Dead Island & Dead Island Riptide (PS3)

Tomb Raider (PS3)

BioShock and Tomb Raider were the only one that were remotely difficult and lengthy, also playing both games not to far from release date helped a lot

Edited by RE_MANIA_97
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I wanna include games that I happen to have the multiplayer trophies, but not the platinum trophy earned:

• Batman: Arkham Origins- I had heard that the servers were closing in 2016 so I tried to earn them as fast as I could, thankfully, I was either much better at the game than I gave myself credit for... or extremely lucky? Buuuutt.... The games servers never went down so I played some of the worst multiplayer for nothing.
  • The Last of Us Remastered- While, by and large I didn't grind the PS3 version either, I did come across some boosters in the PS3 version who helped me get the remaining DLC trophies. But on PS4, that was all me and my raw gaming skil ;) 
  • Deathloop- It was easy at launch, chances are that people didn't realise how annoying Juliana entering was. That made it so easy to take the Colts out. I got the trophies as soon as Juliana's section was unlocked.
  • Tekken 7 - Just needed to win like 3 matches... I got it after like 20.
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax- Does it count as boosting if your brother leaves his PS3 unattended for long periods of time... regardless it took ages to get to level 30.
  • Killzone Mercenary- While technically I don't have it yet, I have got enough collectables not unlocked in single player to earn this game's plat even if the servers die. But again, did I boost with my brother's forgotten PS TV... that thing cost me £100 and he's never bloody used it.
  • Knockout City- I liked the game... and genuinely played it after I got the Platinum to get the Mirror's Edge outfit.
  • Hunters Arena: Legends- Eff this game, it wasn't fun, but for whatever reason I persisted.
  • 2020 Tokyo Olympics- I have no memory of the multiplayer sections in this game... But I played it as soon as it was free on PS Now so I'm guessing people lacked my "beginner's luck."
  • Destruction AllStar- This required so much luck OMG, I was only able to "set a whole team on fire" when I was in a free for all match when the servers only had 2 other people on... I don't even ****ing remember how I got Boxtops one, but I remember playing as him for too much time that I could have spent screaming at trees in the forest.
  • Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag- I miss this multiplayer... it was fun... tedious to get to max level... but fun.
  • Playstation AllStars Battle Royal (PS3 & Vita)- I liked it... and played it a lot... end of story.
  • Ratchet & Clank Q-Force- Does this count? trophies were simple blah blah blah
  • Mass Effect 3 (PS3)- For this you could play the whole of the game on the hardest difficulty in place of most of the multiplayer trophies, and the galactic readiness could be boosted by an app or website, in place of multiplayer again. I needed to play multiplayer for 2 of the trophies.

And I am done, any you see on my profile are either incomplete (mostly this tbh), boosted or not notable (like "play one multiplayer match" for all multiplayer trophies in the list) or done with my brother; if playing with my brother counts, then we boosted the hell out of the Co-op only It Takes Two and not... you know... played for fun. 

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

I only boosted 2 trophies in bad company 2 , one is getting 20 demolition kills which was necessary boosting at the time (2017), i still play bc2 to this day and have gotten maybe like 5 legitimate demo kills so far, other trophy was et tu brute but that was unnecessary boosting as it would have happened naturally anyway. Vietnam DLC servers were just alive enough to do it legit , but nowadays it seems impossible without boosting. 

Plats i got completely without online boosting are Mercs 2, Fallout 76, Wreckfest, Birds of Steel, MudRunner, Rocket League n8

Edited by FeindlicheKrabbe
  • Like 1

simply a colossal amount that I couldn't even say how many, but I'll name a few that come to mind.

gta v ps3 (100%)

the last of us (ps3) both the base game and dlc maps. I believe there was no way to boost the dlc maps anyway, as they were decided by vote after each match.

killzone 3 multiplayer,

Battlefield 4 (ps3)

modern warfare 2 (ps3)

special ops was especially lagged, but persisting was possible with randoms and some maps alone ;p

ac3, ac iv and ac revelations;

Rogue Company ps4, MEGA ZOMBIE ps4

etc

Generally, if a game has a lot of online trophies, I just don't do the online trophies. I hate playing online and I hate boosting unless it's a racing game or back in the day, Rock Band/Guitar Hero, I did those a lot. I'm not very good at all other types of games and I just get annihilated. Not much fun but all the ones I did do, I've always done it legit except a few. All the Nascar games I've done without boosting and the newest one Ignition was probably the most frustrating because online in that game was pretty much DOA from day one and it was a lot of waiting in peak hours hoping somebody joins in the Bump N Run lobby since practically everybody only enters the Shake N Bake lobbies. And then many would back out if they see there's only one other racer. It was excruciating getting to 50 races in each but I eventually got it done. 

• Like 1

Need to update my list with some more MP games that were not boosted:

So, off the top of my head, here we are.  There are probably a few more that I'm forgetting though.

Transformers: War For Cybertron

Uncharted 2

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Uncharted 3

DC Universe Online

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Assassin's Creed IV (PS4)

Uncharted 4 (the Survival trophies were done with a friend, but the base trophies were done solo)

Tekken 7 (really just had to play 10 matches)

And, although I won't platinum it for a long time yet, all the MP trophies for Red Dead Redemption 2 were done solo.

• Like 1

Rainbow Six Siege, Rocket League, Titanfall 2, Drawn to Death, Overwatch, Don't Even Think, Strike Vector Ex, Switchblade, Hardware Rivals (joined a boosting group but never actually played with them.) 

One that I would've gotten without boosting if I managed to play it before the servers severely died out was Battleborn but sadly by the time I completed it boosting was the only way to get a couple character achievements and thus their trophies.

One that isn't a platinum but was one of my earliest 100% completions on PS4 was Transgalatic Tournament. I was was Top Ten player back in the day and met fellow trophy hunter MidgetStrawdog way back then through it randomly in a match, he messaged me looking for some help. He was probably the first person to get me a little more interested in completing trophies.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

Taking a long scroll through my trophy list...

The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4) - legit enjoyed this after a while, I pretty much did them one after another

Assassin's Creed III (PS3) - Wolfpack was great fun!

Uncharted 2, 3 (PS3) - not much to doing these ones...
God of War: Ascension - lol... complete the online tutorial
DC Universe Online (PS3 and PS4) - PS4 was auto popped, but really there's not much to boost in the platinum trophy here. It's really straight forward (despite the rarity), just time consuming, and you have to pay the sub for trophies (which I played actively for a long while anyway).

Anything else involved boosting, even if things like AC Black Flag, GTA 5, The Division, etc. only involved small bits of boosting for very specific things, but I did the rest of the grind legit.

Edited by LukaLaurent
  • Like 1

I did bioshock 2(aside from the dlc maps), guilty gear xrd rev, assasins creed revelations, 3, 4(aside from dlc), my hero academia ones justice, and star wars battlefront 2 legit. If all the online requires is just to play and the random trophies are easy enough i dont see the point in boosting until the community dies off(gundam versus for instance i would do it all legit if it was active)

• Like 1