Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

Doom BFG Edition.

It was painful going through Doom 1 and 2 because of their age and they didn't ever want to end. I kept pushing on because I remembered Doom 3 fondly from playing it back on Xbox and I couldn't wait to play through it again. Well it turns out that playing through Doom 3 for trophies ruined my impressions of the game and I no longer think of it the same way. 

• Like 2

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Ether One come to mind... basically any slow paced walking simulator that doesn't have any proper "gameplay"

9 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

Stories: The Path of Destinies

is stories that bad / boring ? was thinking of doing it soon

• Like 1

WWE 2K18.

As far as a WWE game goes its fine. I did the multiplayer legit - 100 matches and doing the events. Fun enough but not really decent, mediocre experience overall. But the singleplayer - where the grind takes place- took me a week amd christ was it painfully boring. Doing the same thing over and over.  Inversion took me 10 months yet this game somehow got all the annoyance of that grind into 1 week. Loading screen. Promo. Loading screen. Promo. Side Quest. Promo. Remove Rival. Loading screen. I almost went insane.

• Like 2

I don't really have any platinum that bored me. (Don't have a ton of them though either). 

Definitely understand why Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is on here so much. I might feel the same way except (1) I figured out how to run and (2) it was the first game I played after the birth of my daughter so I needed something slow paced that I could put down without warning to take care of something. The game is perfect for that, I would just rotate the camera to look at something pretty and let it play birdsongs in the background. The baby loved it too. But that's where I was in my life at the time, would be a different story today. 

Dragon's Crown was my least favorite, though. I enjoyed the gameplay and all, but I am not one who enjoys playing games with women falling out of their underwear as the character model, so... 

Most boring game ever though would be Hatoful Boyfriend. Cute premise, it was fun for the first 5 minutes, and the full sized secret ending thing portion was unusual, but man was it boring to get all the endings and such. So definitely not my preferred genre. But now I know. 

Grand Theft Auto V.

I think that the game is fantastic especially the story mode but the online grind was a pain, doing the same missions again and again. It was particularly hard for me because all of my friends were playing the game on PS4 but I needed to platinum the PS3 version.

• Like 1

Not that boring (and i don't have so much platinums) but GOW; Ascension desperated me lightly farming for that "Hold Still Please" trophy, the last one i needed for the plat (i got the MP one first because i have a fresh new buyed copy). At first i feared it glitched on me but i was relieved after it popped in the Delos port level and the plat a few seconds later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scorpions444 said:

is stories that bad / boring ? was thinking of doing it soon

The game itself is not bad but you have to do 25 playthroughs plus grinding to max out your skills for Platinum. Each playthrough only takes like 30 minutes but it gets old pretty quickly anyway. 

Burly Men At Sea - it's not tedious. It does not take very long. Going through it for the first time was even nice.

But the second time, I already got bored. But it was so easy and the way to platinum was so clear I thought, wtf I finish it. And I walked through all the storylines, but ... it was boring, no challenge at all, almost no fun and really just a waste of precious time.

• Like 2

Ace combat 7. i am doing it right now. You have to fly 76500 km and this is a lot. Once you've done everything except this trophy you'll have around 35k. What is the worst is that you cant leave rubberbanded joystick for night, because all your flights are limited to 30 mins and you need to manually restart them via menu. In 1 hour (2 manual resets), your distance increase is about 3.5k on a fastest plane

Edited by Greidis

The absolute most boring platinum so far was AC Unity for me with all the chests and cockades and Nostradamuses stuff. Not to mention that the stupid Cafe Theatre trophy didn't pop up in my first run so i had to redo the mission. Personally I found the co-op missions to be a pain too.

However this will be soon replaced by Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise once I get its platinum. The amount of work for those level 7 talismans is insane...grinding the grind times 12.

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

I like Visual Novels and JRPGs and from what I read before I thought it was a JRPG with a bunch of story-sequences but the ratio between gameplay-segments and story-segments was more in favor of the latter. Spend about 50 hours with the game and it feels like only 10 to 15 were spend with actual gameplay and the rest was spend with reading dialogs. It wouldn't be that bad if the story was at least engaging but there was nothing that really piqued my interest and most of the dialogs just felt like filler content. 

• Like 1

Like a lot of people in the previous posts, I found Everybody's Gone to the Rapture quite the drag. Didn't like much Burly Men at Sea, mostly because it's more a way of selling custom books than a game in itself, and found Gone Home rather meh.

But my two worse plats are by far TT's Game of Thrones (lags and crashes didn't help) and most of all Conan Exiles. I can grind, I can play online for hours, I can do multiple playthroughs to plat a game if I have to, and sometimes even gladly, but oh boy was I thankful for the only redeeming feature I feel this game has: the built-in admin console.

8 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

One that comes to mind for me right now is Disney Universe. I learned a valuable lesson from it though: do not buy and plan to platinum games just because the characters are adorable! But I was suckered in because there was a Lion King world and I could dress up as Simba. The gameplay was just so boring and had to replay levels several times for collectibles and such.

Lol, I remember planning to plat this one but I quit because of boredom.

17 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Rise of the tomb raider - Such a step down in overall quality as compared to the first game and I hated all the collectible hunting. 

Red Dead Redemption 2- Great game but rockstar's poor and obnoxious design system in regards to 100% completion made the game tedious and mind numbing. 

Agreed, I remember wishing I never should have attempted RDR2 plat... But glad that's over. Finished #14 on board so it was an intense period. Moved on instantly after the plat.

The lvl60 grind on Tomb Raider multiplayer was extremely boring.

Monster Hunter World gave me nightmares about catching largest/smallest beasts then waking up disappointed it was only a dream almost every night during the collecting... LOL!

10 hours ago, psychescape94 said:

For me it's definitely Skyrim. The game is fine in the beginning but starts to become boring really fast. I have yet to get the last trophies for the DLC since it is so boring but I will get it eventually.

Kind of blasphemy since it is an amazing game but kind of agree here because I 100%'d the PS4 version when it came out in 2016 and again on VR in 2018. At first I though it was really cool on VR but the thrill faded quick and too little time had passed between those so I remembered most of it and ended up skipping most dialogue. Wanted to try a new playstyle too but before long I was playing as.......... you guessed it, sneaky archer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Like a lot of people in the previous posts, I found Everybody's Gone to the Rapture quite the drag. Didn't like much Burly Men at Sea, mostly because it's more a way of selling custom books than a game in itself, and found Gone Home rather meh.

But my two worse plats are by far TT's Game of Thrones (lags and crashes didn't help) and most of all Conan Exiles. I can grind, I can play online for hours, I can do multiple playthroughs to plat a game if I have to, and sometimes even gladly, but oh boy was I thankful for the only redeeming feature I feel this game has: the built-in admin console.

I bought TTG GoT when the second epsiode came out and played each one as they released and never experienced any crashes. I have conan exiles installed right now and plan on using the admin console for a cheap plat xD

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Lol, I remember planning to plat this one but I quit because of boredom.

Agreed, I remember wishing I never should have attempted RDR2 plat... But glad that's over. Finished #14 on board so it was an intense period. Moved on instantly after the plat.

The lvl60 grind on Tomb Raider multiplayer was extremely boring.

Monster Hunter World gave me nightmares about catching largest/smallest beasts then waking up disappointed it was only a dream almost every night during the collecting... LOL!

I bought monster hunter world after hearing awesome things about it but cant get into it due to the controls.

I have a few of these bad ones. Probably the most boring was Alone With You, though. Just an awful story that requires 4+ playthroughs for the plat. Supposedly, you are romancing holograms, but the game isn't anything like this. Mostly, you just hear the same shit over and over again, and the vast majority of the game is text. No meaningful decisions, no meaningful actions. Just boring clicks of the button.

1 hour ago, Poramies said:

Wanted to try a new playstyle too but before long I was playing as.......... you guessed it, sneaky archer.

Always happened to me, too.

Edited by starcrunch061

Drowning. This was the worst game of all time.

I hated Secret of Mana for the grinding Part at the end - it all depended on luck and it took me About 50 Hours to get the last item. One Item. 50 Hours of grinding. It was a real pain.

But I hated Drowning with its 20 minutes so hard, i cant tell...