Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare

AJ_Radio

On 6/24/2019 at 10:56 PM, Property_Damage said:

But...but

this game doesnt even release until october 2019

Sorry, should have specified that I was talking about the remaster of the first MW. 

But...but

Sorry, should have specified that I was talking about the remaster of the first MW. 

But...but

Modern Warfare 2 on the Ps3. I did the spec ops mode with my brother way back when. It took forever to do, and one of the juggernaut missions on veteran was almost impossible. After I got it I remember being sold on hunting for plats.

Edited by Grunking1212
Spelling error
  • Like 2

I would give this one to FFX. The Chocobo race where you had to get 0:0:0 time was incredibly frustrating and I only got it because I had one run where everything just came together on its own.

Edit: Crash Bandicoot deserves an honorable mention, took me about 4 hours to get the gold relic on High Road after again, one run where everything just came together after hours of faltering in the first half of the level.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I'd echo Dead Space 2, naturally, but I'll also say Indigo Prophecy. Hard mode is almost broken in the level of memorization you have to do. Such a shit thing to put in an otherwise alright game.

I felt Hard Core Mode was pretty rad. It forced you to take things slowly and conserve your ammo, and watch for any unexpected Necromorph encounters. Working with only three saves definitely put the pressure on you.

There's just not many AAA games that really challenge you, apart from Wolfenstein 2's Mein Leben difficulty and Titanfall 2's Becomes the Master trophy. Instead they throw in a bunch of collectibles and New Game Plus, which barely does anything other than try to pad the game.

Soul Calibur 6: I got the game at launch. When I earned the plat, it was at 1.5% and I thought it would stay ultra rare (but maybe go up to 3 or 4% as people had more time to finish it). It’s now over 9%. It was a massive nostalgia trip as I had played SC2 and SC3 on ps2 but hadn’t touched the franchise in some time. 

• Like 1

I think it would be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix on PS3, it's the hardest compared to the other non-ultra-rare platinums I have. You need to complete the story for all the three characters in Critical mode (damage recieved is doubled and damage dealt is halved), defeating every optional boss with the three of them and completing the extra episodes (Final episode and Secret episode). You can do this in more than one playthrough but you still have to finish the story with all the three characters in Crit mode.

6 hours ago, ArK_TatiCo said:

I can say Final Fantasy XII, was to hard to me. I love the game in ps2 but now with no time to play long games and find everything was a pain.

Yeah was pretty hard for me too, got stuck on the trial mode level 100 and quitted the game for many months before returning and finishing it. Wasn't prepared at all and that fight basically forced you to find cheesy tactics...

Well it is barely ultra rare but i'll got with Eyepet's Platinum Pet anyway because it's not very challenging gameplay but sitting on the floor for hours at a time,moving around and trying to get that pet to do various things made me realise for the first time that i'm getting older. My butt and back hurted like crazy after every session.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:29 AM, Poramies said:

Yeah was pretty hard for me too, got stuck on the trial mode level 100 and quitted the game for many months before returning and finishing it. Wasn't prepared at all and that fight basically forced you to find cheesy tactics...

Which Final Fantasy game would you recommend to a newcomer?

Probably Resogun for me. It wasn't that hard especially once you played it for a while. Probably since it was my first platinum and that I wasn't much of a gamer before the PS4 came out although I'm surprised Dead Nation is ultra rare as I thought that was a pretty easy game in comparison which was my 2nd plat. Both are fantastic games though. But yeah the rest of my non ultra rare plats are pretty straightforward and most of the ultra rare ones too. I tend to have more issues with DLC.

• Like 2

Easy: Ice Age 3.

You laugh.  I know you laugh.  However, a couple of the time trials are incredibly hard and require basically flawless runs.  One of the few times I seriously considered giving up on a platinum.  Somehow the platinum is merely uncommon, which amazes me.