PS PLUS MAY 2019

IBadDriverI

On topic: I think the main source of frustration with this month is that the quality of games is about equal to what we’ve always been getting, which arguably people didn’t like in the first place. I personally think we SHOULD get higher quality games than what we’ve gotten in the past, simply due to the cutting of PS3/Vita titles so that we only get 2 free games instead of 6 every month (not to mention the subscription price hike to $60 as well).

Regardless of their quality in the past, the games offered in the coming months should be higher quality. These 2 don’t look like bad games necessarily, but they’re not my cup of tea.

Edited by Parker

Since it seems like everyone else has played Edith Finch guess I'll take a looksee at it, too.

Don't know too much about Overcooked, but not really pulling my interest just yet.

Thanks Sony for another let down.

Image result for disappointed animals gaming

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Online play?  That is the only real reason I have it.  Cloud saves are nice as are an occasional discount/sale (and once in a blue moon a free game I would play) but I would not pay the subscription for that.

I don't really play online enough to consider that the main reason I have the subscription tbh. Its nice but I have the subscription for the sales and free games. I've saved more than the price of my yearly subscription when buying PS+ deals so that's good enough for me though. Every one has it for different reasons though

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I’m never going to be able to eat another hot dog again :spank:

On topic: I think the main source of frustration with this month is that the quality of games is about equal to what we’ve always been getting, which arguably people didn’t like in the first place. I personally think we SHOULD get higher quality games than what we’ve gotten in the past, simply due to the cutting of PS3/Vita titles so that we only get 2 free games instead of 6 every month (not to mention the subscription price hike to $60 as well).

Regardless of their quality in the past, the games offered in the coming months should be higher quality. These 2 don’t look like bad games necessarily, but they’re not my cup of tea.

Yea that's exactly it tbh. 

I think the last time I experienced a plus game was when I played steins;gate on the ps3 and it was phenomenal. 

However I don't really wait every month to see what free games we're going to receive. I just think they're an added bonus. 

I still think plus is worth it but only when I buy my 1 year membership during a $20 discount and I tend to buy a lot of digitals and so overall I tend to either break even from the extra discounts courtesy of plus or come close to it. 

Got no one to play Overcooked with, so pass on that. I don’t think it would be good solo.

Story driven walking sims I don’t mind (I actually liked Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture)... Edith Finch is going in my backlog.

But yeah, not a great month.

26 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Funny thing is both the games this month had multiple GOTY nominations lol xD. but I don't expect many here to actually research the games and just judge them negatively entirely on a couple screenshots from a quick Google or something.

Walking simulators typically get glowing reviews, but don't appeal to everyone. Gone Home had close to the same metacritic score as Edith Finch, and I thought that was okay at best. I'm interested and will play Edith Finch, but I can also see why others might not be. 

Overcooked is an easy pass for me, just because it's more of a co-op based game. If it had online play, it might be a different story. But as I have no one in my life that I can invite over to sit down and play it with me, and Share Play would probably have lag, I'm skipping that one. Soloing sounds like a pain in the ass, as well. 

And both games don't appear to be very long. This is something I factor in to overall value, too, when deciding to buy a game. Edith Finch is nowhere near worth $20 in my eyes. I could rent a movie for a fraction of the price, and get just as much entertainment time out of it. 

In the end, it all comes down to the individual, on whether or not the games are suited to their tastes and worth the subscription price. There's really no pleasing everybody. 

• Like 1

Umm... yeah. I'm not gonna defend Sony here. I love What Remains of Edith Finch, but two indie hundred percenters ain't gonna cut it.

People's anger and threats of cancellation are well deserved. Threats, however, aren't enough. Cancel your subscriptions en masse (I probably would too if I didn't have some online games to finish in my backlog) and maybe they'll be smart enough to realize they just aren't delivering the goods. 

• Like 3

Overcooked was on sale for $4.24, Edith for $7.99 so that's two already super cheap games. On the other hand, you can get Plus 12 months on sale for 43$, making it 3.60$ per month. You still get more value with these two games. Another question is whether you actually are going to play them.

I already have Overcook and I'm not interested in Edith at all so very disappointed but still not angry.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

People's anger and threats of cancellation are well deserved. Threats, however, aren't enough. Cancel your subscriptions en masse (I probably would too if I didn't have some online games to finish in my backlog) and maybe they'll be smart enough to realize they just aren't delivering the goods. 

Are they really not delivering the goods though? I personally never really cared about the free games as I tend to buy all my games when they’re on sale but I do take a look at these threads everytime they’re announced and I can’t remember a month where people were satisfied. They can give out triple A, indies or even critically acclaimed games and people would still whine. I think people just don’t know what they want with these free games. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

Happy with these. Edith Fitch I've been toying with buying, so I'm glad I can get it free now.

I played about half an hour of Overcooked with a friend a few months back and loved it. Me and a couple of buddies get together each week to play some couch co-op so this'll be a blast. 

I get why people are disappointed with the games, but the subscription costs me like £4 a month. I'm not a wealthy man by any means, but come on that's a bargain. I tend to pick it up for cheaper since I renew around black Friday. So less than 4 quid. Less than Netflix and Now TV, about as much as one large coffee from Costa or Starbucks!

If you still think you're being ripped off then yeah, it's definitely not for you and you should unsubscribe immediately, but I get a good few hours at least out of the games most months so I think I'll keep paying the 4 quid.

• Like 3

Before, non-online gamers used to have a reason to get PSPLUS, since these changes, if you don't play online then it is now a COMPLETE waste of money. Going the way it is, I will not be re-subscribing and have even cancelled my renewal already.

I have been thinking about getting PSNOW actually once there is a sale.

To be honest, not sure if this is a clever marketing ploy by Sony to push those gamers out that are in it just for the games, and so encourage them in a way to get PSNOW.

Anybody else cancelled their renewal due to how bad PSPLUS has become since the changes??

4 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Are they really not delivering the goods though? I personally never really cared about the free games as I tend to buy all my games when they’re on sale but I do take a look at these threads everytime they’re announced and I can’t remember a month where people were satisfied. They can give out triple A, indies or even critically acclaimed games and people would still whine. I think people just don’t know what they want with these free games. 

Based on reviews, these are good games. But yeah, everyone has different tastes, and there will probably always be some that are unhappy. I'm personally lukewarm on this month's selection, simply because one game doesn't interest me, and the other is very short.

March was the best month, in my opinion. Have Modern Warfare downloaded, and will probably play The Witness someday. But nothing really of note the other 3 months. Will see how the rest of the year plays out, but I probably won't stop subscribing. Need it for the online.. 

• Like 1

I'm almost 100% positive that they're slowly trying to wheem us off of this generation so that we're blown away with how good things seem in comparison when the PS5 comes out. If we don't have as many games that make us stick with this generation, we're gonna be more likely to upgrade 

4 hours ago, killerlightning said:

Wow this is a new low for PS Plus.  You only offering 2 games now and you offer this stuff really???  Edith might be good but still not worth the month.  Overcooked is ok but number 2 is at least online.  PS is making it easier and easier for me to stay with Xbox next gen.  The only way right now I am buying a PS5 is if it backwards compatible with PS3 and PS4 games.  They better step up and offer PS5 games off the bat or they will lose a lot of customers.

So if you can't play your PS3 and PS4 games on the PS5, you switch to Xbox? 

....... What? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kulzyc said:

So if you can't play your PS3 and PS4 games on the PS5, you switch to Xbox? 

....... What? 

Yep bc Plus anymore is not worth it overall for me.  So unless I can play all the games I have from those two systems on it then Xbox will be my main console next generation compared to what it is now.

8 minutes ago, killerlightning said:

Yep bc Plus anymore is not worth it overall for me.  So unless I can play all the games I have from those two systems on it then Xbox will be my main console next generation compared to what it is now.

Did you just play Ps+ titles? Isn't it all about the games in general? I mean when it comes to third party developers it actually doesn't matter if you get an xbox or a ps4/5. But for first party games there is no other option than going with Sony or Nintendo.