IBadDriverI

PS PLUS MAY 2019

220 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Walking simulators typically get glowing reviews, but don't appeal to everyone. Gone Home had close to the same metacritic score as Edith Finch, and I thought that was okay at best. I'm interested and will play Edith Finch, but I can also see why others might not be. 

The thing that makes Gone Home so good is that you can beat it less than a minute and then go play a real game.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely surprised reading through all this backlash. These are the best offerings of the year imo 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad I still have some good PS+ in my backlog. I should really hurry up and finish those before my subscription ends.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy but I would preffer one thousands times more the Metal Gear Survive Line up than this

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww damn. It could have at least been Overcooked 2! 😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might give overcooked a chance but other than not that not much. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any month where I dont own all the games is good enough for me,  unfortunatly I got edith finch for 5 bucks and cooking mama is co op.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would have been an okay month, if I hadn't already purchased Edith Finch during a sale. Not interested in Overcooked.

 

I've been debating whether or not to renew my Plus subscription next year, since I can't really play online games anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised PS Plus won't give a platinum this month ! First time ? I don't remember it ever happened before. Not really pleased about it, hope the new trend doesn't come to stay.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Aponac1987 said:

I think Vaas said it best. Something about "insanity" and all that.

just out of curiosity, how do you feel about mastery?...like repeating things over and over to get better at them...think, for instance, of skilled tradespeople, pro athletes, doctors, musicians, olympians, etc...in the case of the latter they repeat the same thing over and over for four years in hopes of gaining a gold medal...is this insanity or mastery?...and are they one and the same in your opinion?...sorry, I find the expression funny...was curious...

 

on topic: I was secretly getting my hopes up for metal gear survive this month...seriously, I was...heard it was actually pretty fun if you don't associate it with all the drama...seems to be more my type of game compared to what's in the lineup...good titles nonetheless as both games seem to be well-rated...i've actually looked into these games before which is more than I can say for most months...

Edited by ProfBambam55
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not super disappointed as I have wanted to pick up overcooked anyways and missed the sale last time. However What Remains of Edith Finch I've never heard much about but looks like it's a fairly quick game.

To be honest for the month of April I wasn't interested in either of the games. so at least this month is was one thing I'm interested in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A indie month ...well there are worse AAA games around

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, the offerings this month are pretty lame in my opinion. They’re both good games from what I’ve heard, but they are also both frequently on sale for as low as $5, both short, and neither has a platinum (not a dealbreaker for many, but definitely puts them towards the end of the backlog for me).

 

I also think Overcooked is a really poor offering. One of the selling points of PS Plus is the online play, so it’s a bit puzzling to offer a game that is couch co-op only. A great and fun game by all accounts, but I’d wager there is a significant amount of subscribers like me who won’t be able to check out Overcooked even if they wanted to. Overcooked 2 would have made more sense with the online multiplayer feature.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Aponac1987 said:

 

Yup. Don't renew your subscription, and file a complaint over at Sony's customer support service if you feel that butthurt. End of story, right?

 

Or can we start expecting the masses to set up a crusade against Sony? Order a hit on a Sony executive because you should've gotten Black Ops IV this month? Or maybe threaten that you'll run over to the Xbox community? Lol.

 

wow you sure owned me, how will i recover

Edited by mako-heart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

On 5/1/2019 at 5:42 PM, Aponac1987 said:

What in the holy hell. I was expecting more intelligent and nuanced answers over here on PSN Profiles than on YouTube. Boy, did that turn out differently.
 

Overcooked and What Remains of Edith Finch are both more than decent - dare I say pretty good - games!

 

I don't understand the hate for this at all. If they gave you Agony and Risen 3 for instance, I'd get the huge disappointment, because those are some bad games. But are you serious? You're going to actually burn down this month's line-up without even giving these games a chance?

 

Jesus Christ. You should know full well that Sony can't offer AAA games every damn month, because that's just not feasible. At least suck it up and try them out. But if this is the attitude some of you are giving because you were getting your hopes up for other specific games, you're better to muzzle your juvenile attitude and keep quiet. I sincerely mean that. That kind of toxic attitude is exactly what is wrong with entitled consumers these days. And this has happened before, with other line-ups that were pretty good, despite them not being popular entries from successful franchises.

 

Let me ask you: what specific games are you guys expecting every month to appear in Plus? I want specific titles for every damn month for the rest of this year, just so I can mock your ridiculous out-of-this-world expectations.

 

I understand if some of you are going to take my outburst personally, and frankly: you should. Because that kind of attitude just doesn't sit well with me if it's completely unfounded. You don't like the line-up? GTFO of PS Plus. You won't have to deal with the "bad" games, and we won't have to deal with your incessant whining. Win-fucking-win.

 

On that note: I'm more than happy to go into a mature discussion about this with someone if they think they've got a legitimate case to defend here. But I highly doubt it.

 

The mature discussion can end pretty quickly. Just check what Sony offered every month in 2012-14 and it's pretty obvious Sony could offer much better games every month. Fact: Sony at the time had a LOT less Plus subscribers and apparently could afford to offer several AAA games, even more than one each month. If they have now around 35 million subscribers even considering they are getting 3 US$ each month for each  one (which is a low estimate as most people pay a lot more than that) it's more than 100 million dollars each month. I think they can afford better than this. But they don't need or won't. Don't talk about more network infrastructure for keeping more PS4 online games, I can't believe Sony provides this free of charge for publishers / developers so they're getting their money elsewhere anyway (except for their own games).

The majority of PS Plus users are just playing FIFA, GTA, or whatever and don't give a fuck about what games they receive each month.

This situation is also a prize for the smart asses who wanted Sony to remove Vita and PS3 games because they wanted more and better PS4 games.  Well they got what was obviously coming: less games (no more Vita cross plays and even occasional PS3 one) and more junk. It was plain obvious this was coming, I can't believe how naive or dumb people are.

 

Mind you I even want to buy Overcooked it's a game that interests me. But the fact remains that Sony doesn't give a crap for its loyal customers, and all they'll offer is more crap and cheaper one. Never did, never will, nothing new. I can even bet they choose the games based on a price war between developers, whoever asked for less gets the prize. They're not stupid, few complain and even stop subscribing so they're happy. People complain about EA, Ubisoft and Activison being moron crooks, Sony is a lot worse.

 

Edited by cris3f
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Meh, the offerings this month are pretty lame in my opinion. They’re both good games from what I’ve heard, but they are also both frequently on sale for as low as $5, both short, and neither has a platinum (not a dealbreaker for many, but definitely puts them towards the end of the backlog for me).

 

I also think Overcooked is a really poor offering. One of the selling points of PS Plus is the online play, so it’s a bit puzzling to offer a game that is couch co-op only. A great and fun game by all accounts, but I’d wager there is a significant amount of subscribers like me who won’t be able to check out Overcooked even if they wanted to. Overcooked 2 would have made more sense with the online multiplayer feature.

I started up Overcooked and it feels so lame to play it alone. I felt stressed just on the first mission flip flopping between two characters. I don’t know if I’ll keep at it, I may as well just wait a year or two until I move and can play with my nieces and sister. Feels like it’d be really fun in co-op. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games have good reviews but still......

 

Saddness and disappointment.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty disappointed. I already own Edith Finch and (I know I'm in the minority here) I really didn't enjoy it. 

I still don't understand how they can get rid of PS3 and Vita games and not even add a single extra game for PS4. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought What Remains of Edith Finch in a sale a while ago. Oh well :|

 

Will download Overcooked 2 but this is a disappointing month whichever way you look at it. Easily the weakest lineup I've ever seen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think these games look fine... is no platniums the reason you guys hate these games so much? Overcooked is a pretty fun party game, and while Edith Finch is a walking sim, it falls into the more Datura-like game. By that I mean, actually interesting

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason why I have the ps plus subscription is, so I can play mp online with friends. If the subsctiption wasn't required to play mp online just like in the ps3 era then I would have never subscribed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bojuka76 said:

I personally think these games look fine... is no platniums the reason you guys hate these games so much? Overcooked is a pretty fun party game, and while Edith Finch is a walking sim, it falls into the more Datura-like game. By that I mean, actually interesting

I'm disappointed because I'm not into walking sims and stuff this party game thing. The fact they don't have plats doesn't matter. It's more that games like this aren't really justifying an $80 subscription.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Feral said:

I'm disappointed because I'm not into walking sims and stuff this party game thing. The fact they don't have plats doesn't matter. It's more that games like this aren't really justifying an $80 subscription.

 

The value of the subscription is additive unless you subscribe month-to-month. Games you don't like are not subtracted from any of the games you did like. The sales you don't like don't take away any savings you got from the sales you did find games to buy in.  

Claiming it isn't worth it because of a single month is myopic. 

38 minutes ago, Negan said:

I bought What Remains of Edith Finch in a sale a while ago. Oh well :|

 

Will download Overcooked 2 but this is a disappointing month whichever way you look at it. Easily the weakest lineup I've ever seen.

 

Oddly enough I've been wanting to buy What Remins of Edith Finch for a while but kept putting it off. So I guess it's really not whichever way one looks at it.

 

Edited by TJ_Solo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Aponac1987 said:

What in the holy hell. I was expecting more intelligent and nuanced answers over here on PSN Profiles than on YouTube. Boy, did that turn out differently.
 

Overcooked and What Remains of Edith Finch are both more than decent - dare I say pretty good - games!

 

I don't understand the hate for this at all. If they gave you Agony and Risen 3 for instance, I'd get the huge disappointment, because those are some bad games. But are you serious? You're going to actually burn down this month's line-up without even giving these games a chance?

 

Jesus Christ. You should know full well that Sony can't offer AAA games every damn month, because that's just not feasible. At least suck it up and try them out. But if this is the attitude some of you are giving because you were getting your hopes up for other specific games, you're better to muzzle your juvenile attitude and keep quiet. I sincerely mean that. That kind of toxic attitude is exactly what is wrong with entitled consumers these days. And this has happened before, with other line-ups that were pretty good, despite them not being popular entries from successful franchises.

 

Let me ask you: what specific games are you guys expecting every month to appear in Plus? I want specific titles for every damn month for the rest of this year, just so I can mock your ridiculous out-of-this-world expectations.

 

I understand if some of you are going to take my outburst personally, and frankly: you should. Because that kind of attitude just doesn't sit well with me if it's completely unfounded. You don't like the line-up? GTFO of PS Plus. You won't have to deal with the "bad" games, and we won't have to deal with your incessant whining. Win-fucking-win.

 

On that note: I'm more than happy to go into a mature discussion about this with someone if they think they've got a legitimate case to defend here. But I highly doubt it.

 

The fact that you’re one year older than me and you’re being “triggered” by these self entitled morons speaks a lot for our generation. Then again, we were raised on Facebook and MySpace so I shouldn’t be surprised.

 

But regardless, I have to agree with this. I’ve said no more than a suggestion of Sony offering one free PSVR game every month, which would benefit those with a VR system. There’s already hundreds of VR games which Sony can easily lend a hand in offering at least one. 

 

That makes up for cutting out the old lineup from last gen. If it wasn’t for online requiring PS+ I could just as well unsub, because I feel I’ve gotten enough. Been a member for four years and played a lot of PS+ offerings, and I can’t say I’m terribly disappointed. 

 

It’s more self entitlement than anything else. Yeah sure, we got Call of Duty Modern Remastered even though a good number of you have finished that game. I understand The Witness is not for everyone and it shouldn’t be. The fact that people were asking others to Shareplay that one challenge trophy is quite simply pathetic and sad. 

 

Would two PS4 games, one small indie game and one PSVR game make these people happy? I don’t know, but I feel as if we’re talking to people who have never matured past high school and they are fed crap on a silver platter. 

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Overcooked looks really fun, and I've only heard good things about Edith Finch. I actually prefer the smaller indie titles since players are less likely to own them than AAA games. Honestly, you're better off waiting for GOTY/complete editions of AAA games, since you'd be stuck paying full price for DLC, even if they did give us something like Spider-man or Rise of the Tomb Raider.

 

Would be nice if players had the option to substitute titles or receive store credit if they already own them digitally, though.

Edited by Cassylvania
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.