FFVIII Remastered Trophy Thoughts?

I'm quite liking the list (and will likely make it my 225th plat). 

The images aren't the same as the achievements, and that's good, because the achievements had really bad images, this look cool to me. 

Still, why no trophy for Odin? Or wasn't him recruit able (I remember him being part of a battle against the clock to find and defeat him, and I believe that there is a trophy for each GF, making Odin a really odd case. 

• Like 2

I love the list! You need to get all the GF's and some hard to beat bosses, some card collecting and some side-quests. I love that the Aubert lake side quest is included :) Was hoping for it.

I've played this game so much It'd be super easy for me to get everything done.

48 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm quite liking the list (and will likely make it my 225th plat). 

The images aren't the same as the achievements, and that's good, because the achievements had really bad images, this look cool to me. 

Still, why no trophy for Odin? Or wasn't him recruit able (I remember him being part of a battle against the clock to find and defeat him, and I believe that there is a trophy for each GF, making Odin a really odd case. 

Well maybe because Odin is not a member of your team I think? He appears randomly but at his free will and you can't really have him so I guess that's the reason.

I wish this was on Vita as well. I had a really great time playing FFX on Vita, I don't really feel like playing older Final Fantasy games like FF8 or FF9 on a TV anymore

[edit] Yes I know I can just buy the FF9 and FF8 PS1 versions off the store, but you can't earn any trophies that way.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I already put it on my Backlog event even though it's not part of my backlog yet. xD

The trophy list is fine. Other than Omega Weapon, everything looks gravy, but if you power up to insane stats(which you can do early in the game) and use God Mode, you shouldn't have any problems. The list doesn't ask me to make moral choices(like FFVII asking me to dump all of the girls so I have to date Barret) or make me do impossible things before breakfast(like FFIX's insane 1000 jump rope jumps right at the beginning - please, I tried to do it with Mario, and it failed - I'm all good. ^_^)

Which is fine because FFVIII is my favorite of the original PSX trilogy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I wish this was on Vita as well. I had a really great time playing FFX on Vita, I don't really feel like playing older Final Fantasy games like FF8 or FF9 on a TV anymore

[edit] Yes I know I can just buy the FF9 and FF8 PS1 versions off the store, but you can't earn any trophies that way.

You can always remote play it to your Vita

• Like 1